The games will be 1v1, with all standard settings on Classic map, and ideally in real-time. Games will be for 0 points. The main aim is not to teach new players how to play, but to get them connected and active on the site.
A prospective Guide should have:
- 100 games completed
- Joined at least 6 months prior
- A helpful attitude.
Here's how the process works:
- A new recruit will have an option to join a game with a Guide.
- When they select this, the system will look for Guides who are active, and not already in a guide or speed game.
- The system sends out alerts to Guides that are available, continuing until a Guide joins the game.
- Alerts are sent in small batches and only 1 alert per game per Guide is sent. You will not get alerts for every game.
- When a Guide joins the game it proceeds like any regular game.
- We encourage Guides to play in real time, presuming the new recruit wants to do so.
As stated earlier, the purpose of these games is to familiarize new players with the site and help them get started. We're looking for people with a heart for helping, 1v1 prowess not required.