Conquer Club

Canada Map, here's a tip..

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Canada Map, here's a tip..

Postby ticalien on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:11 pm

Why don't you make some areas around the army number so you can see what the hell armies are where? If a amry that matches the countries color is there you can't even see the thing. I.E. One green army on Victoria...
Sergeant ticalien

Postby supermarcol on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:28 am

It used to have those circles, but I had to take them out because they were extremely confusing. The problem is that in the southern ontario and southern quebec parts, the "countries" are really small. The circles would overlap or just block the borders. When I took them out I tried to pick colors so that you could see your armies on all the "countries". Maybe there's occasionnaly one or 2 places where it gets hard to see them, but it doesn't come close to the problem caused by those circles. Anyway I don't think I'll add them in, almost all the maps have them, and mine is different :wink: .
-SuperMarcol
Sergeant 1st Class supermarcol

Postby ticalien on Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:13 pm

why don't you move the circle off the island and connect it with a line. I'm not trying to be picky, but it's really hard to see.
Sergeant ticalien

Postby supermarcol on Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:36 pm

They were originaly off the country, and that caused even more confusion. You are the first one to complain about this. I don't want to dismiss it because I know it is one graphical weak point of my map, but trust me, the gain you make with the circles is totally lost in confusion in the dense section of the map. I am leaving for a month tomorow, so I won't be able to fix it for now anyway. If many people think its a problem then I will check what I can do when I come back.
-SuperMarcol
Sergeant 1st Class supermarcol

Postby smartpat on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:09 pm

i know the canada map has probobly been untouched for a long time, and this changes nothing to the playing aspect, but north bay and sudbury should be switched around, sudbury is further north (well mostly west from north bay, just a bit further north, not by much)...just found it odd to see the map divided like that and the names labeled that way

actualy the ideal thing would be to leave sudbury where it is, change north bay into timmins, and change timmins to a diferent town that is actualy in that area, like Attawapiskat, or choose a name from one of the many lakes
Corporal 1st Class smartpat

Postby gimil on Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:33 pm

The canada map has its own thread in final forge. Take your concerns there in future :)

MOVED
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:49 pm

cant you merge them? :?
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Return to Foundry Discussions