As some of you know, within the past few months I’ve been less active in making comments in our beloved Map Foundry. This is for a number of reasons, but namely:
- 1. Real life finds ways of getting in the way.
2. My Zookeeper jobs are keeping me busy.
3. The Foundry Process has been working well.
Ever since I joined this site over a year ago, and became Foundry Foreman, the Foundry has always been my baby. I’ve loved every minute I’ve spent in it and I still do. I remember when we had maybe 4-6 good maps in production at a time. Now we’ve doubled and nearly tripled that figure. It is wonderful to see the Conquer Club Community expand and grow in size. I love seeing the Foundry take off with new maps and ideas, but I have a feeling the job may have become too large for just one Monkey. I’ve been looking out for someone to assist me in the Foundry for quite a few months now, and a few people have caught my eye. But I have a feeling that one Panda will be of the most help to me and the Foundry.
So I would like you all to welcome Keyogi, C.A. (Cartography Assistant), to the team in the Foundry. He’ll have moderation powers in the Foundry, but only here. Keyogi will mostly be in charge of:
- 1. Keeping the Developmental Atlas up-to-date.
2. Alerting me of topics that are near Final Forge or Quenching status.
3. Enforcing the general rules of the Foundry (I.E. no flaming and trolling, etc)
4. Eventually cleaning up the Map Ideas area (which will become a sub-forum most likely in the future).
5. Changing polls in the various topics and posting the results.
6. Keeping up with Maps in development while posting advice and suggestions.
7. Organizing more 'REVAMPS' of old maps.
8. Providing me weekly with a crate of bananas.
9. And lastly,
Things will be essentially unchanged. I still am the only person who can Forge and Quench a map. But I trust Keyogi’s judgment regarding the suggestions and advice he gives in the various map topics.
So Foundry, welcome aboard C.A. Keyogi! Now get back to work in the map topics.