Conquer Club

Two Sides Mafia: Side A, Endgame, The Old Ways

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Two Sides Mafia: Side A, Day One! 48 hour extension

Postby Rodion on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:05 am

Milkshake, if you survive, investigate anyone you please.

Unofficial vote count: CMS 4 votes, Jonty 2, Rodion 2.

Our option for these last 12 hours (or so) are to pressure Jonty (because pressuring Rodion sucks), let CMS die or get a no-lynch wagon formed quickly. I'll probably have time to check the thread before the deadline and see how things are being handled.
General Rodion

Postby jonty125 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:21 am

unvote Much rather see his side B get lynched as that is lower risk (I think) see side B.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Rodion on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:55 pm

I see how things are (not) being handled.
General Rodion

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:56 pm

looks like im gettin lynched over here, was able to get on my CPU before it got packed up.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Re: Two Sides Mafia: Side A, Day One!

Postby / on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Vote Count:

crazymilkshake5 (3) - shieldgenerator7, safariguy5, edocsil

Rodion (2) - crazymilkshake5, Victor Sullivan

jonty125 (2) - drunkmonkey, soundman

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Day has ended! scene soon
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:48 pm

The same as always, we wake, we do what needs to be done to keep the cycle going, and sleep to charge for this cycle again. This town of Two Sides has a hardworking community, they do the same as their forefathers with little change, and yet, even in the most stubborn individuals set in their ways, there is wonder; “what if?”.
More importantly “Why?” why are some blessed with wealth doing little more than others? Why can some achieve in a day arts it takes some years to understand? Why does THIS MAN OWN AND COLLECT PROFITS FROM MY WORK, FROM MY LIVELYHOOD?!?!
We know the answers, and we bottle our complaints so life can go on. The townsfolk work, and pay a share to the “Prince” a landowner who has managed to buy out most of the property and business in the town, he lives a blessed life of leisure, but shines brilliantly, admired by most, and actually does manage to help the town prosper.
Still subconsciously, most people want the best for themselves, and today the will of the worlds reacted to the desires they couldn’t get the nerve to act upon themselves.
“Hoarding all the luck, I wish he would just die.” three citizens of Two Sides thought subconsciously. So he did, that night his luck ran out and his house combusted with him in it, a very unnatural combustion, like a furnace’s heat in a huge factory, the foreign smell of industry filled the air.

A rip in space has killed crazymilkshake5, Role side A, the “Prince”, Town JOAT!

Night one begins, Send in your actions!, you have until Tuesday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: Two Sides Mafia: Side A, Night One! Unbeloved Prince

Postby / on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:44 pm

reminding everyone, Send your actions in by tomorrow or I might be forced to replace you.
even if you want to skip an action, please inform me.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: Two Sides Mafia: Side A, Night One! Unbeloved Prince

Postby / on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:58 pm

That night bullets flew through the air, confusion reigned through the dust and smoke as people fraught for their lives, and the lives of others "you are going to be fine" says a doctor as he patches up a shot towns-person leaning on the side of a barn. through his bleary eyes the shooting victim sees two faint figures, one in while, the other in black, he then hears a second voice, "Yeah, but you won't be fine doc..." BANG, the white figure turns red and it all fades to the night.

A shot body falls through the air, no planes, no mountain, where could it have come from...?

Check side B to find out!

soundman Role Side A, The Town Doctor has been killed!
pancakemix Role Side A, The Town Therapist, Bus Driver has been killed!

Day Two begins!

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: Two Sides Mafia: Side A, Day Two, Shootout!

Postby jonty125 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 am

Whoever soundman protected I think is still alive. i.e. doc saves person from gun wounds, proceeds to die from gun wounds. Then pcm is shot and falls out of sky???
Cook jonty125

Postby Rodion on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Soundman protected me.
PCM did not swap me around.
I was shot.
Soundman was shot.

2 shots (other than PCM's which we assume to have been shot from Side B) can mean:
mafia+SK
mafia+vig
2 mafias

I could be cleared by having a vigilante claim they targeted Soundman (which means mafia targeted me), but maybe we don't even have one.

Anyway, down 3 townies, 9 left in what could be a 6-3 or a 5-3-1 (or 5-2-2 if there are 2 mafias out there?). To top things off, losing 3 power roles capable of protecting makes massclaiming an even riskier plan than it would normally be.

Being that we have 7 days (6 and a half now) to get something done, I'll suggest that the vigilante claims (assuming we have one) if we make no advance in the next 48 hours.

On with the game: who's scummiest and why?
General Rodion

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Rodion wrote:On with the game: who's scummiest and why?

I'm going to stick with my D1 case of jonty's blatant bandwagon on Rodion. To recap (from my Mar 20 post):

drunkmonkey wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
jonty125 wrote:My position on Rodion hasn't changed. FOS shield for his post on the top of Page 8 I think.

Here are your first two posts supporting your vote:
jonty125 wrote:vote Rodion. For instantly assuming there are no 3rd party players and asking some people effectively to give up one of the 2 games.

jonty125 wrote:Take this scenario: I am town/mafia. I could say town/town and then suicide as town where I was town and if I came under pressure as mafia I could say, look I'm a truthful guy - I must be town.

So, your position seems to be that Rodion is scummy because:
1) His plan didn't allow for 3rd party players
2) He's asking some people (mafia) to give up one of the two games
3) You think somehow claiming T/T means you'll be cleared if you flip town in one game, which Rodion never said.

This is a very weak case, IMO. Did I miss anything?

Other than I can't see the gain of the plan, you got it all.

I thought I made it quite obvious that parts 2 and 3 were awful reasons to cast a vote. 1 is shaky. I was expecting you to respond by clarifying the real reasons you voted. The last thing I expected was "yep, you got it - I think he's scummy because he wants mafia to concede and for something I'm pretending he said". I think I found the bandwagon case I'm ready to settle on.

vote jonty125

fastposted:
jonty125 wrote:Yes I agree finding mafia is good but we should also be looking for 3rd party such as SK.

Are you kidding me? You agree finding mafia is good, but...? BUT??? I'm not the least bit concerned about SK until the night flavor suggests one. Mafia is priority #1 right now. If I could make the above vote bolder, I would.

This morning we woke up, and the only other person to support this case is dead. I've seen no reason yet to change my vote.

vote jonty
Major drunkmonkey

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm going to say Sully's been the most scummy. I went back and looked at his posts in both threads, and he went with an initial Rodion vote in both threads and never moved his vote since. Minimal discussion about crazymilkshake, but not much in the way of taking a real stance on it. All he really did was post the format of his role PM names.

vote VS
Captain safariguy5

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Agreed with saf. VS was against Rodion's gameplan, and his role structure included "ACTUAL" in it, which implies his other role isn't genuine, like DM mentioned in the other thread. If he's T/M, then I'm guessing he's M here and T there. VOTE SULLY I genuinely think he may be mafia here ATM, and pressuring him should prove worthwhile.

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Rodion wrote:Soundman protected me.
PCM did not swap me around.
I was shot.
Soundman was shot.

2 shots (other than PCM's which we assume to have been shot from Side B) can mean:
mafia+SK
mafia+vig
2 mafias

I could be cleared by having a vigilante claim they targeted Soundman (which means mafia targeted me), but maybe we don't even have one.

Anyway, down 3 townies, 9 left in what could be a 6-3 or a 5-3-1 (or 5-2-2 if there are 2 mafias out there?). To top things off, losing 3 power roles capable of protecting makes massclaiming an even riskier plan than it would normally be.

Being that we have 7 days (6 and a half now) to get something done, I'll suggest that the vigilante claims (assuming we have one) if we make no advance in the next 48 hours.

On with the game: who's scummiest and why?

this post confused me..how do you know that you were shot
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby / on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Vote Count:

jonty125 (1) - drunkmonkey
Victor Sullivan (2) - shieldgenerator7, safariguy5

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline Tuesday!
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:54 pm

I'll talk more later, but for now, I will say I was roleblocked last night. 'Twouldn't surprise me if it was a townie that roleblocked me. If so, that should clear me enough, given Rodion was doc-protected.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby jonty125 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:58 am

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:this post confused me..how do you know that you were shot

Side A Scene: Doc (soundman) saves dying person, but then dies
Side B : Soundman says he protected Rodion

I find this slightly suspicious because it seems to be skimming.

Rodion wrote:Being that we have 7 days (6 and a half now) to get something done, I'll suggest that the vigilante claims (assuming we have one) if we make no advance in the next 48 hours.

See, I think the vig (assuming they exist) shouldn't claim because they'll more than likely die tonight and we aren't at LYLO. But I aren't an expert on this so could other people chip in.

VS has made 7 posts, mostly oriented around Rodion. I don't find it particularly scummy because I find Rodion's tactics strange/scummy and I still can't work it out :lol:
Cook jonty125

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:I'll talk more later, but for now, I will say I was roleblocked last night. 'Twouldn't surprise me if it was a townie that roleblocked me. If so, that should clear me enough, given Rodion was doc-protected.

-Sully

how do you know you were roleblocked?
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:17 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:I'll talk more later, but for now, I will say I was roleblocked last night. 'Twouldn't surprise me if it was a townie that roleblocked me. If so, that should clear me enough, given Rodion was doc-protected.

-Sully

I sent in my action and I was notified that I was roleblocked? :-s

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:

-Sully

I sent in my action and I was notified that I was roleblocked? :-s

-Sully

ok, just clarifying :-^

Postby Rodion on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:09 pm

jonty125 wrote:See, I think the vig (assuming they exist) shouldn't claim because they'll more than likely die tonight and we aren't at LYLO. But I aren't an expert on this so could other people chip in.

I don't see how he'd more than likely die tonight, but not claiming might actually end up being a good idea given the recent circumstances.

Should we get a prod on everyone that has not posted here?
General Rodion

Postby jonty125 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:55 am

Rodion wrote:
jonty125 wrote:See, I think the vig (assuming they exist) shouldn't claim because they'll more than likely die tonight and we aren't at LYLO. But I aren't an expert on this so could other people chip in.

I don't see how he'd more than likely die tonight, but not claiming might actually end up being a good idea given the recent circumstances.

Should we get a prod on everyone that has not posted here?

Well mafia, are going to target a vig if he claims, aren't they?
Cook jonty125

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:30 am

What's the benefit of the vig claiming?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby jonty125 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:54 am

drunkmonkey wrote:What's the benefit of the vig claiming?

I've been trying to work that one out as well
Cook jonty125

Postby Rodion on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:58 pm

jonty125 wrote:Well mafia, are going to target a vig if he claims, aren't they?

Not if they have reason to believe there are better power roles out there.

drunkmonkey wrote:What's the benefit of the vig claiming?

That would be clearing Rodion if the vig claims to have targeted Soundman. If the vig claims to have targeted me, no benefit really.That's why instead of requesting an immediate claim I suggested that we spend 48 hours trying to advance the game through other means.

This may sound contradicting: while I don't consider a vig claim necessary anymore, I unfortunately don't think the game has advanced enough for a good lynch to be decided. Slash, prods please?
General Rodion

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives