Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2] Dr. Strange is gone

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:51 pm

Not sure I really fit in with the forcing Mr. Squirrel to claim group. I argued it more as having been the right decision after it happened.

I do think you didn't help yourself by playing the victim and FOSing the major players on your case early. It just made you look vindictive towards them.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:55 pm

I must say I dont think it was WRONG to claim, but I wouldnt have done it, and I would have noted my bias (in thinking bomb isnt too important and such), well at least I would have waited till it was closer to a lynch to see if he could get the pressure off of himself. But I again, dont think it was wrong, but I dont think it was the best course. But thats just my opinion.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:58 pm

ok I answered and was apparently 1 page late, hadn't read any of page 18 and just saw that strike+ghoslty quoting it without reading the context... and didn't notice the past tence as milkashake did. Wouldn't ve been the first time in this game I get acuations a while after the argument has proved not to be accurate. ;)

and in the whole squirrel case, what seems strange to me is that so many people accepted to playe the "I didn't bus betiko" game.
Major betiko

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2]

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Vote Count 2.1

betiko (2)- edocsil, jak111
new guy1 (1)- /
spiesr (1)- ghostly447

Not Voting (16)- Nagerous, cm5, LSU Josh, Nendreel, strike wolf, gillipig, gregwolf121, new guy1, DRoZ, Mr. Squirrel, ShaggyDan, jonty125, Illiad, Vodean, betiko, spiesr

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is currently not set
Last edited by lord voldemort on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Umm. I believe I only FOSed /, but just incase, Unvote cause I dont think he is scum. Also, thats a good point betiko, I didnt even think about that.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:24 pm

betiko wrote:sorry but what the hell what? I should've claimed my role with the character name on day 1? as I said, i was pretty afraid of a mafia busdriver. not that i have any proof about such role not existing, but think it's a bit unlikely. Also I was pretty sure that claiming my role no one would believe me, any word I said was just analyzed by people self convinced and who would try to extrapolate whatever. Safari ended up being one of them and who voted for me acusing me of doing something actually edocsil did.. And I think that bane being uncounter claimed is much more meaningfull than bomb being uncounterclaimed as a bomb is not a very usual role; bane being a character quite unlikely not to be in the game.
As a bomb, what exactly would you have had to fear from a mafia busdriver? It doesn't allow them to get around your ability or anything.
Anyhow I understand your desire not to claim before (assuming you are telling the truth now). I don't agree that it was the right choice, but it is a sucky situation to be in. If you claim that role some of it's potential usefulness is lost as the scum won't randomly kill you. The flipside to that is that if you are exposed a town busdriver can then use you as a potential weapon. (Of course there was know way to know if we had a busdriver Day 1.) The problem as I see it is that in that situation the scum were not going to kill you whether you claimed or not. If you had managed to get the town to fully believe you with you with only the character claim, then sure it would have been a decent move as you would have become a target for the scum. However, once it became clear that the half claim wasn't going to dispel the suspicion on you then there really wasn't any reason to hold that back anymore. But whatever...
One thing I still don't understand though is what changed that led you to decide to give it up today?
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:35 am

spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:sorry but what the hell what? I should've claimed my role with the character name on day 1? as I said, i was pretty afraid of a mafia busdriver. not that i have any proof about such role not existing, but think it's a bit unlikely. Also I was pretty sure that claiming my role no one would believe me, any word I said was just analyzed by people self convinced and who would try to extrapolate whatever. Safari ended up being one of them and who voted for me acusing me of doing something actually edocsil did.. And I think that bane being uncounter claimed is much more meaningfull than bomb being uncounterclaimed as a bomb is not a very usual role; bane being a character quite unlikely not to be in the game.
As a bomb, what exactly would you have had to fear from a mafia busdriver? It doesn't allow them to get around your ability or anything.
Anyhow I understand your desire not to claim before (assuming you are telling the truth now). I don't agree that it was the right choice, but it is a sucky situation to be in. If you claim that role some of it's potential usefulness is lost as the scum won't randomly kill you. The flipside to that is that if you are exposed a town busdriver can then use you as a potential weapon. (Of course there was know way to know if we had a busdriver Day 1.) The problem as I see it is that in that situation the scum were not going to kill you whether you claimed or not. If you had managed to get the town to fully believe you with you with only the character claim, then sure it would have been a decent move as you would have become a target for the scum. However, once it became clear that the half claim wasn't going to dispel the suspicion on you then there really wasn't any reason to hold that back anymore. But whatever...
One thing I still don't understand though is what changed you to decide to give it up today?

my problem was that I really thought claiming bane was enough, as he is the main vilain in the last movie and I thought he had a pretty important play in the video game. what you guys had on me was sloppy and I thought it was enough to let me go. Also, by claiming bane the scum might have seen a potential power role there and targeted me during night 1.
But everything went sideways for me after that claim and the whole town went after me even harder than before. I thought that if I claimed the truth no one would believe me, as bomb would be a very convenient fakeclaim for a scum. I also wanted to keep a small chance that scum would kill me during the night.
Xhat made me change my mind was that I perfectly understood that mafia was not going to go for me at night in that situation, and seeing that we had lost a protection role; I needed to let our busdriver know who i was to be a town weapon, and a wifom weapon forscum night actions.
And yes, it could be pretty dangerous with a mafia busdriver. if we have a vig or whatever, they could do some fucked up tricks.
Major betiko

Postby ShaggyDan on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:54 am

Swamped with mountains of work. Will catch up when its done. Consider me V/LA. Sorry :(.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:12 am

There is nothing wrong with a busdriver really claiming semi early because they could always protect themselves if they thought they were in danger especially with a bomb claim out there. If they had not claimed so early, I would've been more inclined to believe that they were scum if they did so later unless they came up with a damn good reason and their actions/statements throughout the game seemed to be more protown than antitown.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby jonty125 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:03 am

vote new guy1 For deciding we should pressure nag to claim because he targeted edocsil (nothing scummy in that). For then expecting him to be a tracker, even when crazy had already claimed to be it. Your logic been [paraphrase] he might have had important information[/paraphrase] surely he would step forward and claim anyhow. You then question where we would have gone, as if its brain surgery. We would have gone for someone scummy, namely yourself.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:16 am

jonty125 wrote:vote new guy1 For deciding we should pressure nag to claim because he targeted edocsil (nothing scummy in that). For then expecting him to be a tracker, even when crazy had already claimed to be it. Your logic been [paraphrase] he might have had important information[/paraphrase] surely he would step forward and claim anyhow. You then question where we would have gone, as if its brain surgery. We would have gone for someone scummy, namely yourself.

since when can't there be 2 trackers in a same game? already happened to me in a game modded by crazymilkshake.
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:49 am

Well this has been an interesting read while getting caught up.
My thoughts so far are that I'm willing to trust Mr. Squirrell's claim especially since keeping quiet would have lead to 2 or 3 deaths. Undecided on Betiko, but I'll not bother with pursuing that case without a cop report. I believe CM5 considering the circumstances in which he outed.

Ghostly's brain fart was kinda weird, but I don't see how that arguement would have helped scum. FOS for now.

vote Gillipig for not posting since the joke vote. If for no other reason to get more bodies posting.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby nagerous on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:00 am

jonty125 wrote:vote new guy1 For deciding we should pressure nag to claim because he targeted edocsil (nothing scummy in that). For then expecting him to be a tracker, even when crazy had already claimed to be it. Your logic been [paraphrase] he might have had important information[/paraphrase] surely he would step forward and claim anyhow. You then question where we would have gone, as if its brain surgery. We would have gone for someone scummy, namely yourself.

If edocsil died then fair enough, but edocsil is alive and well, agreed - it is not in the town's best interest to try and pry further information out of me at this stage.
Captain nagerous

Postby new guy1 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:32 pm

nagerous wrote:

If edocsil died then fair enough, but edocsil is alive and well, agreed - it is not in the town's best interest to try and pry further information out of me at this stage.

Thats all I wanted to know, and jonty, tell me then if I didnt give a suggestion on where to go. WHO was scummy? My logic being "He may have important info" is what if he was a watcher? What if he was a poison doctor? What if he was a cop? Leaving out all of the posibilities that could have yielded information just to jump on a case that is dying already? I just rephrased for / that I wanted to know if he had info, NOT A DAMN CLAIM. I wont vote you, but I will FOS you for seemingly skimming over the whole end of the arguement. Surely he would step forward? Yeah, and I was saying maybe we should look at him for some information, since we know he went somewhere. What is the problem with saying "hey, maybe we should see if he has information" before he posts if he has infomation or not? If its not brain surgery, then I guess you already had someone on your mind to question, right? I mean, since its not brain surgery and there was obviously something scummy already posted. Otherwise the game would have gone silent till people were posting random things, right? Im asking lots of questions in this because I need answers myself, since apparently my solution to the problem is wrong.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Unlike new guy1 being so kind as to refrain from a vote, I do not take kindly to skimming. Unvote vote Jonty. Name a player you would have pressured. Nag did not respond for a while, and I was suspecting poison doctor since I dont know his situation and after 4-5 pages, had no response to New Guy1's beckoning.

So then Jonty, please also explain to me how you havent seen that All votes and unvotes (this is not an unvote) must be in blue. Still skimming since what, the first post in the game? Everyone else got with the picture, and here you are skimming skimming skimming.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:36 pm

well my internets a bit iffy right now, so , ive read most of what has gone on, to be honest alot of it is confusing, but we seem to be going in circles here and not getting much, i need to relook over todays posts to see what i missed. but to be honest i don't have any solid leads right now.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby nagerous on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:22 pm

new guy1 wrote:
nagerous wrote:

Thats all I wanted to know, and jonty, tell me then if I didnt give a suggestion on where to go. WHO was scummy? My logic being "He may have important info" is what if he was a watcher? What if he was a poison doctor? What if he was a cop? Leaving out all of the posibilities that could have yielded information just to jump on a case that is dying already? I just rephrased for / that I wanted to know if he had info, NOT A DAMN CLAIM. I wont vote you, but I will FOS you for seemingly skimming over the whole end of the arguement. Surely he would step forward? Yeah, and I was saying maybe we should look at him for some information, since we know he went somewhere. What is the problem with saying "hey, maybe we should see if he has information" before he posts if he has infomation or not? If its not brain surgery, then I guess you already had someone on your mind to question, right? I mean, since its not brain surgery and there was obviously something scummy already posted. Otherwise the game would have gone silent till people were posting random things, right? Im asking lots of questions in this because I need answers myself, since apparently my solution to the problem is wrong.

I know, maybe your phrasing of questioning nag made you seem suspicious of me, like I needed to be brought to dock for questioning as to the basis of my night action. That's how I initially read it anyway, if I had information I thought useful I would volunteer it :) The only thing I can without question confirm is the validity of Mr Squirrel's action though that was being treated as canon anyway.

I do agree we are going around in circles a little bit here and it is a moot point. All we have managed to achieve here is a bunch of claims and half claims.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:31 pm

ghostly447 wrote:

Unlike new guy1 being so kind as to refrain from a vote, I do not take kindly to skimming. Unvote vote Jonty. Name a player you would have pressured. Nag did not respond for a while, and I was suspecting poison doctor since I dont know his situation and after 4-5 pages, had no response to New Guy1's beckoning.

So then Jonty, please also explain to me how you havent seen that All votes and unvotes (this is not an unvote) must be in blue. Still skimming since what, the first post in the game? Everyone else got with the picture, and here you are skimming skimming skimming.

All this was happening when I was sleeping and then working so I often will go 16 hours without posting FYI.
Captain nagerous

Postby new guy1 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Alright lol. I am happy to know I am not crazy for suggesting it as you can be off for 16 hours. So does anyone else have suggestions on who we should talk to next?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby / on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Well, I can see that the discrepancies may have been a misunderstanding, I'm willing to drop it for now, btw, I may not have time to post for a few days, sorry.
Unvote
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby new guy1 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Understood, and thanks /, sorry for the misunderstandings.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jonty125 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:41 am

ghostly447 wrote:

So you're calling skimming that I use red to vote, as that is standard. :-s . I can't say who I would have pressured but I certainnly would have looked through D1.

betiko wrote:

since when can't there be 2 trackers in a same game? already happened to me in a game modded by crazymilkshake.

Well, I doubt it. I mean if you read the latest edition of the dispatch it even says that exact duplicate roles are very rare.

new guy1 wrote:
nagerous wrote:

Thats all I wanted to know, and jonty, tell me then if I didnt give a suggestion on where to go. WHO was scummy? My logic being "He may have important info" is what if he was a watcher? What if he was a poison doctor? What if he was a cop? Leaving out all of the posibilities that could have yielded information just to jump on a case that is dying already? I just rephrased for / that I wanted to know if he had info, NOT A DAMN CLAIM.

OK, when I read the post in offence first it seemed as if you were rolefishing and then you covering your tracks but this is WIFOM.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:55 am

jonty125 wrote:So you're calling skimming that I use red to vote, as that is standard. :-s . I can't say who I would have pressured but I certainnly would have looked through D1.
Well given that there has actually been a discussion on this subject, you must either not have read that discussion (thus skimming?) or forgot about it.
Captain spiesr

Postby Gillipig on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 am

You guys are voting me for inactivity right? Fair enough. I'll be more active.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby nagerous on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:18 am

Gillipig wrote:You guys are voting me for inactivity right? Fair enough. I'll be more active.

Good, how about some opinions?
Captain nagerous

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives