Conquer Club

Periodic Table Mafia: Nonmetals (TOWN) win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [13/13] Day 1: Metalloids Plan

Postby vodean on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

i agree. the fact that he's VT means that we should be wary of lynching him, but we do need to try and get some reasoning behind his actions. FOS NOS
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:25 pm

vodean wrote:i agree. the fact that he's VT means that we should be wary of lynching him, but we do need to try and get some reasoning behind his actions. FOS NOS

Vodean you have an extremely bad habbit of commenting like you are bringing wise words to us when in fact you are just repeating what everyone has said. It is already clear he is being pressured and needs to explain.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby vodean on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
vodean wrote:i agree. the fact that he's VT means that we should be wary of lynching him, but we do need to try and get some reasoning behind his actions. FOS NOS

Vodean you have an extremely bad habbit of commenting like you are bringing wise words to us when in fact you are just repeating what everyone has said. It is already clear he is being pressured and needs to explain.

and im agreeing, but not voting because i think we need to be cautious. i dont think he should be lynched over this.
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:13 pm

I am Selenium.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:05 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:I am Selenium.

Right, so you are an "other non-metal" and not a noble. I'm inclined to the view that nobles are VTs and the "non-metals" are either third party or scum. My vote stays where it is.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:08 pm

thehippo8 wrote:

Right, so you are an "other non-metal" and not a noble. I'm inclined to the view that nobles are VTs and the "non-metals" are either third party or scum. My vote stays where it is.

mmk. Just thought id try n help bubb
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:34 pm

thehippo8 wrote:

well my vote will stay on you because there is nothing wrong with his claim. I don't see why we would have to lynch selenium.
Major betiko

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:20 pm

thehippo8 wrote:

I think his claim works with how i think the game is setup so I don't see any reason not to believe him. I'm curious if others think it makes any sense or no.

If noble gases are VT and "non-metals" are either 3rd party or scum who is left to be town power roles?
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:24 pm

thechuck51 wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

I think his claim works with how i think the game is setup so I don't see any reason not to believe him. I'm curious if others think it makes any sense or no.

If noble gases are VT and "non-metals" are either 3rd party or scum who is left to be town power roles?

At last, rational though (something I sorely lack on occasion). I think you could be right on that. It therefore must be that the Meta is indescipherable. I'd doubt it if any noble gas were scum but I guess I can't rule that out either. For now I will unvote rather than make a mistake here. I appreciate he was a fair way off being lynched but since my thinking was wrong I have no basis now to have a vote on him.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:28 pm

@betijo: Liquid and Solid Hydrogen behaves as a metal, gaseous hydrogen does not. Under normal densities the outer-shell electrons are not close enough to form the "electron soup" which is the defining characteristic of metals.

@doom: from a scientific POV, I actually did have some doubts whether nobsle would be non-metals, but from a game point they had to be. Otherwise, almost every element would be taken, and it would be too hard for anyone to fakeclaim. I don't think he'd handicap the scum that much.

Sorry for my crap typing, the laptop is a pain.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

At last, rational though (something I sorely lack on occasion). I think you could be right on that. It therefore must be that the Meta is indescipherable. I'd doubt it if any noble gas were scum but I guess I can't rule that out either. For now I will unvote rather than make a mistake here. I appreciate he was a fair way off being lynched but since my thinking was wrong I have no basis now to have a vote on him.

My reasoning for claiming, was because I knew the noble gases were not the only VT's, if they were VT's. They could be the power roles for all we know! On the other hand, there could be no specific order of whats what other than SK fluorine and metalloid mafia. Just to get us off the one track mindedness of "the noble gasses are VT's". However selenium is not very common in its uses.. kinda dull, if that helps more lol. Maybe the power roles are given by how many common uses it has?
Colonel NoSurvivors

Vote Count, Day 1.10

Postby samgrossy on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Vote Count, Day 1.10

Vodean - (2) sempaispellcheck, DoomYoshi L-5
Sempaispellcheck - (1) Vodean L-6
DoomYoshi - (2) /, thechuck51 L-5
thehippo8 - (1) beitko L-6
NoSurvivors - (2) safariguy5, iron butterfly L-5

Not Voting - (5) NoSurvivors, Gillipig, Dukasaur, Jonty125, thehippo8

To make gameplay easier for players, the player(s) closest to lynch at the time of vote count will be in red bold

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST, October 13th. That's 3 days from now.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:36 pm

So going back to my post on the statistically most likely number of VT's, I did say 6-7 is the most likely. If we assume that is the "most likely setup", that means most (if not all) of the other VT claims I would expect to be noble gases from here on out as the Selenium claim would count as the "7th" VT.

Of course, that could be a moot point if it turns out we have more VT's, but it could help with the nameclaiming later should we come to that.

unvote
Captain safariguy5

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:55 pm

safariguy5 wrote:So going back to my post on the statistically most likely number of VT's, I did say 6-7 is the most likely. If we assume that is the "most likely setup", that means most (if not all) of the other VT claims I would expect to be noble gases from here on out as the Selenium claim would count as the "7th" VT.

Of course, that could be a moot point if it turns out we have more VT's, but it could help with the nameclaiming later should we come to that.

unvote

ok, to stop those speculations, I have to step up and say that I am Sulfur, a VT too so your theory doesn't work.
Major betiko

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:07 pm

betiko wrote:ok, to stop those speculations, I have to step up and say that I am Sulfur, a VT too so your theory doesn't work.

Indeed not. If an element as reactive as sulfur is a VT, then we can't say that the noble gases must be VTs because they're not reactive (which is the underlying rationale, even if no one's admitted it - I don't remember anyone doing so, but I could be wrong).

My thinking is that it's all just random. We may find that there are a few noble gases who are VTs. We may find some noble gases with town power roles. There may not even be any noble gases in the game. I'm going to play it safe for the time being, because I'm not really convinced of anything at this point.

unvote vote no lynch
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:09 pm

What is certain, though, is that noble gases are nonmetals, and therefore cannot be scum.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 pm

unvote vote betiko

You know there was no need for NoS's VT claim and yet you claimed after?

This seems like scum taking the easy way out after seeing that the path is clear.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 pm

sam had to first randomize, then try to give an element rolename as close as possible from the actual properties of the mafiagame role. it's therefore unlikely that he could have the exact amount of vt/pr for an given family of elements (noble gases ect). but I do think he gave a special role to the most reactive or the most popular elements..

fastposted by doom. nope, you guys keep elaborating theories about noble gases ect, andI gues like Nos after some point i had to say something. Hippo wanted to lynch him for being selenium... well no! i think that hippo is behaving strangely, and each time we notice something he backsup.
Major betiko

Postby / on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:47 pm

I don't understand this post, why would claiming VT make us more wary of lynching him? I would be reluctant to lynch him if he claimed Doc or something, but claiming VT means we lose as little as possible if he actually is telling the truth.

Also, sorry, I will be unavailable until either Friday or Saturday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:47 pm

betiko wrote:sam had to first randomize, then try to give an element rolename as close as possible from the actual properties of the mafiagame role. it's therefore unlikely that he could have the exact amount of vt/pr for an given family of elements (noble gases ect). but I do think he gave a special role to the most reactive or the most popular elements..

fastposted by doom. nope, you guys keep elaborating theories about noble gases ect, andI gues like Nos after some point i had to say something. Hippo wanted to lynch him for being selenium... well no! i think that hippo is behaving strangely, and each time we notice something he backsup.

I love you too!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm

OK UNVOTE NOS

We needed clarity and we got it. I find it highly unlikely Mafia would take such a risk to out themselves the way he did.
Betiko I tend to agree with as well. Could he be mafia or SK trying to pull a fast one? Absolutely as anything is possible.
I will how ever give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Why?

Well when NOS first soft claimed it affirmed my belief that we are getting way to wrapped up in the "lore".This is just like any other mafia we have all played that tries to wrap itself around a back story. People get so caught up with the lore that they try to shape the mafia roles to fit the story line, which is not usually a good idea. This is first and foremost a mafia game. Some of you have heard me say this before.

We have just had two claims, which I tend to believe. Could I be wrong? Yes. But mafia would know if it is the truth. SK would have no idea but if they had a chance to kill a PR or Mafia do you think they would choose Nos and Betiko or the bigger pool?

The point I make is that we need to decide if we want to pressure someone else for a claim, which would again narrow the pool for mafia and sk.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Well Doom did point out me softclaiming a noble gas, and I really see no real damage since he pointed it out already, but I'm Xenon and a VT. Of course, anyone with half a brain could easily figure that I was a noble gas and a VT seeing as how strongly I held to the belief that noble gases would be first up for VT roles.

Again, just because 2 people claimed non Noble Gas VT's, it doesn't necessarily mean they're lying. All we're doing is pushing up the number of VT roles that the rng theoretically decided. Which according to my count puts us at 8 VT roles, 3 anti town and 2 undecided. This, of course, assumes that noble gases were given VT roles first. Again, this is highly theoretical and I could easily be proven wrong, but the way my role PM was written makes me think the noble gases make the most sense as VT.

But given 3 claims, I agree that this is enough information for today. unvote vote no lynch
Captain safariguy5

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:27 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Well Doom did point out me softclaiming a noble gas, and I really see no real damage since he pointed it out already, but I'm Xenon and a VT. Of course, anyone with half a brain could easily figure that I was a noble gas and a VT seeing as how strongly I held to the belief that noble gases would be first up for VT roles.

Again, just because 2 people claimed non Noble Gas VT's, it doesn't necessarily mean they're lying. All we're doing is pushing up the number of VT roles that the rng theoretically decided. Which according to my count puts us at 8 VT roles, 3 anti town and 2 undecided. This, of course, assumes that noble gases were given VT roles first. Again, this is highly theoretical and I could easily be proven wrong, but the way my role PM was written makes me think the noble gases make the most sense as VT.

But given 3 claims, I agree that this is enough information for today. unvote vote no lynch

So tell me somthing Saf..knowing what you know why would you out yourself and narrow the Town PRs even further? If you wanted to vote NL you could have with out a problem. You were under no pressure. Betiko I could understand as he added credence to NOS, who claimed because he recognized that everything was not cut and dry.

There was no need to do what you did. You could have easily waited till tomorrow as if you were killed it would have been no loss PR wise for Town. Now you have raised the probability that a PR will be killed... OR your lying.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:18 am

Im not sure I believe betico, however saf's claim is more scummy than betico's is IMO. I agree, there was no need for him to claim there.. he just typed a whole lota BS to "back it up" lol. He claimed and then started making excuses TO claim..

safariguy5 wrote: Of course, anyone with half a brain could easily figure that I was a noble gas and a VT seeing as how strongly I held to the belief that noble gases would be first up for VT roles.

Not sure, that sentence sounded like an attempt to be condescending to make people feel as if they'd be stupid to vote him.. I'll go with a FOS SAF for now.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby jonty125 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 am

I believe NoS but I'm not sure about betiko. I'm going to vote betiko for the timing of his claim, and WCS is a lynched VT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives