Conquer Club

Periodic Table Mafia: Nonmetals (TOWN) win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [13/13] Day 1: Metalloids Plan

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:11 pm

jonty125 wrote:I believe NoS but I'm not sure about betiko. I'm going to vote betiko for the timing of his claim, and WCS is a lynched VT.

what s wrong with the timing of my claim, people were going to continue piling votes on nos because of the noble gas that were supposed to be the only vts. there might even be some other non noble gases being vts. just didn't want town to go on the wrong direction.

right now the only one that seems suspicious to me is hippo. since the deadline is comming and that i tend to think both nos and saf are telling the truth, i will unvote vote no lynch as well.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:14 pm

betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I believe NoS but I'm not sure about betiko. I'm going to vote betiko for the timing of his claim, and WCS is a lynched VT.

what s wrong with the timing of my claim, people were going to continue piling votes on nos because of the noble gas that were supposed to be the only vts. there might even be some other non noble gases being vts. just didn't want town to go on the wrong direction.

right now the only one that seems suspicious to me is hippo. since the deadline is comming and that i tend to think both nos and saf are telling the truth, i will unvote vote no lynch as well.

ebwop i m getting nuts with each mod asking for a different colour
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:00 pm

betiko wrote:

People weren't going to keep piling on votes. That is hearsay, and practically everyone believed the claim. Which is why it is opportunistic of you to claim when you did.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:05 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Im not sure I believe betico, however saf's claim is more scummy than betico's is IMO. I agree, there was no need for him to claim there.. he just typed a whole lota BS to "back it up" lol. He claimed and then started making excuses TO claim..

safariguy5 wrote: Of course, anyone with half a brain could easily figure that I was a noble gas and a VT seeing as how strongly I held to the belief that noble gases would be first up for VT roles.

Not sure, that sentence sounded like an attempt to be condescending to make people feel as if they'd be stupid to vote him.. I'll go with a FOS SAF for now.

Well ok, so if/when you guys lynch me and find out that I'm a noble gas, then it reinforces the idea that noble gases would be VT's first. Which would actually hurt your flavor with regards to the VT claim.
Captain safariguy5

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:23 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Im not sure I believe betico, however saf's claim is more scummy than betico's is IMO. I agree, there was no need for him to claim there.. he just typed a whole lota BS to "back it up" lol. He claimed and then started making excuses TO claim..

safariguy5 wrote: Of course, anyone with half a brain could easily figure that I was a noble gas and a VT seeing as how strongly I held to the belief that noble gases would be first up for VT roles.

Not sure, that sentence sounded like an attempt to be condescending to make people feel as if they'd be stupid to vote him.. I'll go with a FOS SAF for now.

Well ok, so if/when you guys lynch me and find out that I'm a noble gas, then it reinforces the idea that noble gases would be VT's first. Which would actually hurt your flavor with regards to the VT claim.

Hmm.. true, but even though I'm not sure, I would so love to find out :lol: Oh why couldn't I have been a cop or something?
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:06 pm

for those who don't understand my claim here are a couple of posts from me about this whole noble gas thing where i tried to insinuate those assumptions were false from what I know. Nos and myself might as well be the only 2 VTs that are not noble gases, and maybe not all noble gases spots are taken. if all noble gases spots are taken, maybe saf is right.

betiko wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Betiko is calling me a liar, so I will elaborate on where I see 3 VT slips. I spotted them in saf, duke and NoS. All 3 assumed that a) noble gases are in the game and b) noble gases are VT.

I assumed noble gases weren't in the game at all so whenever someone makes a different assumption than me, I instantly believe they have knowledge that I don't have. Originally, I assumed the knowledge was that Noble Gases are in the game was not common. However, I see that Wikipedia has the non-metals comprising of noble gases, halogens and other. I (for whatever reason) classified non-metals as halogens and other, with noble gases separate. Doing the math makes it obvious that either H is included and Mafia have no fakeclaims or that the noble gases are included.

Did anyone else not realize that the noble gases were included?

yes true, these were assumptions that i couldn't have given myself, but i'm not sure all 3 of them are necesairly noble gases, they might as well just work on clues and/or are mafia fishing for info and buying it.

vodean, very nice, why don't you make a case then? is there any particular reason why we should serve you on a plate a case you like and you shouldn t even bother to find one yourself?

betiko wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:I am Selenium.

Right, so you are an "other non-metal" and not a noble. I'm inclined to the view that nobles are VTs and the "non-metals" are either third party or scum. My vote stays where it is.

well my vote will stay on you because there is nothing wrong with his claim. I don't see why we would have to lynch selenium.

TTTTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
TTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
TTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
T = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)

what we know is that T is an odd number (only ones with sk) and it is pretty unlikely that T=1
so yes, I would agree with saf saying that we have most likely 3 anti town roles. There should be a total of 10, 8, 5 or 3 vts those would be the only possibilities. If sam had to use non noble gases, it may be because there are either 8 or 10vts; meaning 2 power roles or no power roles at all.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:11 pm

We don't know if there is an SK or not. I would hope that the Fluorine line means what it should: that there is a 50% chance of an SK.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:04 pm

So to break the setup down:

7 town roles+ 3-4 VT's depending on the composition of the mafia roles.

Remember, the mod stated in the OP that he was going to "tightly" weave the flavor into the game. I think the flavor indicates that we have an SK. Regardless of whether or not that's true, the existence of an SKer should be somewhat clearer depending on how many NK's there are on Night 1.

Of course, this means that if we have town vigs, please hold your fire unless we know someone is scum (i.e. guilty result or a counterclaim).

We know there are 6 Noble Gases. If we assume that VT's are assigned to Noble gases first, that means that at least 3-4 of the players who are VT are noble gases. Therefore, the two non noble gas VT claims, if true, must me we have at least 8 VT's.

If we make the further assumption that flavor indicates a SKer, then that narrows down the possible setups:

TTTTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof) which would give us 10 VT's.

TTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof) which would give us 7 VT's.

Now, this works under several assumptions:

1. VT roles were preferentially given to noble gases. This also assumes no mafia roles were given noble gases as fakeclaims.
2. We have a SKer in the game.
3. The current VT claims are all true and nobody is lying.

I think number 2 should be cleared up with 1 night of night actions. Number 3 may be able to be cleared up by midgame depending on whether or not we have investigative roles. Number 1 is the most difficult to prove, but could prove useful should we go to LYLO.

That said, I think we need a night to pass before continuing on this little theory of game setup.
Captain safariguy5

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm generally not a fan of the no-lynch option. We are in a sense giving the metalloids a free kill. If the game has a large VT contingent the odds of us gaining any useful info during the night is small. we will essentially be starting Day 2 in the same boat just minus at least 1 townie. However, I can never remember when a no lynch buys us an extra day before lylo so if somebody can convince me that is the case I will reconsider.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Vote Count, Day 1.11

Postby samgrossy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Vote Count, Day 1.11

Sempaispellcheck - (1) Vodean L-6
DoomYoshi - (2) /, thechuck51 L-5
Betiko - (2) DoomYoshi, Jonty125
No Lynch - (3) sempaispellcheck, safariguy5, Betiko

Not Voting - (5) NoSurvivors, Gillipig, Dukasaur, thehippo8, Iron Butterfly

To make gameplay easier for players, the player(s) closest to lynch at the time of vote count will be in red bold

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST, October 13th. That's 2 days from now.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:05 pm

safariguy5 wrote:So to break the setup down:

7 town roles+ 3-4 VT's depending on the composition of the mafia roles.

Remember, the mod stated in the OP that he was going to "tightly" weave the flavor into the game. I think the flavor indicates that we have an SK. Regardless of whether or not that's true, the existence of an SKer should be somewhat clearer depending on how many NK's there are on Night 1.

Of course, this means that if we have town vigs, please hold your fire unless we know someone is scum (i.e. guilty result or a counterclaim).

We know there are 6 Noble Gases. If we assume that VT's are assigned to Noble gases first, that means that at least 3-4 of the players who are VT are noble gases. Therefore, the two non noble gas VT claims, if true, must me we have at least 8 VT's.

If we make the further assumption that flavor indicates a SKer, then that narrows down the possible setups:

TTTTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof) which would give us 10 VT's.

TTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof) which would give us 7 VT's.

Now, this works under several assumptions:

1. VT roles were preferentially given to noble gases. This also assumes no mafia roles were given noble gases as fakeclaims.
2. We have a SKer in the game.
3. The current VT claims are all true and nobody is lying.

I think number 2 should be cleared up with 1 night of night actions. Number 3 may be able to be cleared up by midgame depending on whether or not we have investigative roles. Number 1 is the most difficult to prove, but could prove useful should we go to LYLO.

That said, I think we need a night to pass before continuing on this little theory of game setup.

T5 would mean 8 vts not 7, as i wrote in my post (5+3)
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:08 pm

thechuck51 wrote:I'm generally not a fan of the no-lynch option. We are in a sense giving the metalloids a free kill. If the game has a large VT contingent the odds of us gaining any useful info during the night is small. we will essentially be starting Day 2 in the same boat just minus at least 1 townie. However, I can never remember when a no lynch buys us an extra day before lylo so if somebody can convince me that is the case I will reconsider.

this will basically depend on the number of kills fluorine will be able to make.

"What none of the elements know is that fluorine, the most reactive and dangerous element on the periodic table, has been making plans of his own. Is now the time for that crazy halogen to overreact to all the strife? Or will he wait for a later time? He could hatch his plans years from now or tomorrow. None of the elements knowā€¦yet."

why would a serial killer wait? i'd go for a killing frenzy if i was one...
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:14 pm

betiko wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:I'm generally not a fan of the no-lynch option. We are in a sense giving the metalloids a free kill. If the game has a large VT contingent the odds of us gaining any useful info during the night is small. we will essentially be starting Day 2 in the same boat just minus at least 1 townie. However, I can never remember when a no lynch buys us an extra day before lylo so if somebody can convince me that is the case I will reconsider.

this will basically depend on the number of kills fluorine will be able to make.

"What none of the elements know is that fluorine, the most reactive and dangerous element on the periodic table, has been making plans of his own. Is now the time for that crazy halogen to overreact to all the strife? Or will he wait for a later time? He could hatch his plans years from now or tomorrow. None of the elements knowā€¦yet."

An SK would wait if there was no SK. That is what the text is leaving: an air of mystery.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
betiko wrote:

An SK would wait if there was no SK. That is what the text is leaving: an air of mystery.

Wait, are you saying that the SKer will not kill on Night 1? As I understand it, SKers must send in a kill every night.
Captain safariguy5

Postby vodean on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:52 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
betiko wrote:

or if they have 3 anytime kills, which could be used all in one night, or one-a-night.
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby thechuck51 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:58 am

safariguy5 wrote:Wait, are you saying that the SKer will not kill on Night 1? As I understand it, SKers must send in a kill every night.

According to the wiki page...

Serial Killer
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Serial Killer.
Abilities:
Pregame you must choose to be either Investigation Immune or 1-Shot Bulletproof.
Each night phase, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.
Win condition:
You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

So the SK does not have to kill each night.

WIth the deadline approaching I feel I have to unvote vote betiko. He claimed VT under no pressure, I didn't see people piling on NoS so there was no need for it. As Jonty said, worst case scenario we lynch a VT.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:41 am

if your reason for voting for me is because i did it under no pressure, well how is that different from safari? whatever, seems like people are going to lynch me in all the games i'm in right now for stupid reasons.

and doom, why would the sk not kill every night??? what would be the point of it??
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 am

betiko wrote:if your reason for voting for me is because i did it under no pressure, well how is that different from safari? whatever, seems like people are going to lynch me in all the games i'm in right now for stupid reasons.

and doom, why would the sk not kill every night??? what would be the point of it??

Easier to fake vig if you don't shoot N1.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:47 am

FFS. I didn't say the SK wouldn't kill.

The text says: "Or will he wait for a later time?"

This means that there is a chance that there is no SK.

Let me break this down for you:
Fluorine doesn't wait = Fluorine is in this game and is an SK

Fluorine waits = Fluorine is not in this game and we have no SK

The reason the text is vague about whether or not Fluorine will act is because the setup is vague about whether or not there is an SK.

I said this already at the beginning of the day, I'm not sure why we are still debating it. Now, I could be wrong, but unless you can provide an alternate explanation for why that vagueness exists, my explanation stands as the only valid one.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:15 pm

betiko wrote:if your reason for voting for me is because i did it under no pressure, well how is that different from safari? whatever, seems like people are going to lynch me in all the games i'm in right now for stupid reasons.

You are right, it's not fair, life's not fair, boo hoo ... unvote vote Betico.

Incidentally, on the sk issue, I was an sk once and I had to kill every night until I got my target after that night kills were my choice.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:51 pm

thehippo8 wrote:

Incidentally, on the sk issue, I was an sk once and I had to kill every night until I got my target after that night kills were my choice.

Im curious Hippo ..Betiko does bring up a valid point in that Safari had absolutely no reason to claim and in fact was warned it would narrow the PR target pool for Town if he were telling the truth. Do you have a valid reason other then" life is unfair Boo Hoo"?

I have also played an SK...more then once and I never was forced to kill.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

Im curious Hippo ..Betiko does bring up a valid point in that Safari had absolutely no reason to claim and in fact was warned it would narrow the PR target pool for Town if he were telling the truth. Do you have a valid reason other then" life is unfair Boo Hoo"?
Too right ... I shouldn't have said boo hoo! Nevertheless, I get more scum vibe from Betico than Saf and Betico's only defence is "but he is a bad person too". Two wrongs don't make a right and, yeah, we can always lynch Saf tomorrow. But I'm happy where my vote is.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:03 pm

EBWOP
thehippo8 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

Too right ... I shouldn't have said boo hoo! Nevertheless, I get more scum vibe from Betico than Saf and Betico's only defence is "but he is a bad person too". Two wrongs don't make a right and, yeah, we can always lynch Saf tomorrow. But I'm happy where my vote is.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:29 pm

thehippo8 wrote:EBWOP
thehippo8 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

are you sure that's my only defense? maybe you should read a bit better what i wrote? you've done nothing but skimming today and try to bandwagon on any first case that would come to you like just now. Last time you had a "case" on me because I hadn't answered to doom's acusation after half an hour. now this:

thehippo8 wrote:You are right, it's not fair, life's not fair, boo hoo ... unvote vote Betico.

i guess that's an irefutable argument. i have been sooo scummy, most definitely by backing up Nos regarding the noble gas issue, and you have been above all reproaches all game long just because you aren't a claimed vt.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:32 pm

well i guess this is it, the deadline is in a few minutes, enjoy the stupid lynch.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives