Conquer Club

Periodic Table Mafia: Nonmetals (TOWN) win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [12/13] Day 2: Metalloids Suffer

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:42 pm

who's talking about lynching him, gillipig hasn't even claimed yet.... humm... i can't change my vote, i said i will go for hippo harrassment until I get a claim. no matter how bad a hippo bite is, i want my answer and hear his claim.
Major betiko

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:51 pm

thechuck51 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:I dont know that gillipig would be the best option here.. not reading=scum? :shock: just need to know what the logic is there.. gillipig just read....

Not reading/skimming implies that you don't need to look through people's posts to scum hunt because you already know who the scum are (because you are scum). If he is somebody important, then maybe he should be keeping up with the game so he can use whatever night action he has in the best manner possible.

True, good point :).
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:01 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:I dont know that gillipig would be the best option here.. not reading=scum? :shock: just need to know what the logic is there.. gillipig just read....

Not reading/skimming implies that you don't need to look through people's posts to scum hunt because you already know who the scum are (because you are scum). If he is somebody important, then maybe he should be keeping up with the game so he can use whatever night action he has in the best manner possible.

True, good point :).

i don't agree. in batman mafia he was supposed to replace squirrel, and just after he posted in here this "gem" lovo (mod for batman) wrote that he won't be replacing squirrel anymore because he doesn't have the time, you can go check it's the last post in batman mafia since the game is on hold.

I think that he is trying to get lynched and his post is pure provocation to get out of this game. I don't think he is necesairly scum. but we definitely don't need a player who hasn't brought up anything in the game and that clearly doesn't want to play.
Major betiko

Vote Count, Day 2.2

Postby samgrossy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Vote Count, Day 2.2

Betiko - (1) Vodean, L-6
thehippo8 - (1) Betiko L-6
Gillipig - (3) sempaispellcheck, DoomYoshi, Jonty125 L-4

Not Voting - (7) NoSurvivors, Gillipig, Dukasaur, thechuck51, /, thehippo8, safariguy5

To make gameplay easier for players, the player(s) closest to lynch at the time of vote count will be in red bold

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 2 is 10 PM EST, October 25th. That's 8 days from now.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:46 pm

vote Gillipig

For reasons stated previously.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby vodean on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 am

im not going to vote gilli. i think he ought to ask for a replacement. he is not worth the time. if he is scum, he isnt hurting us. if hes town, hes not hurting us.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 am

The fact that we have a godfather dead doesn't necessarily narrow down the choices that much.

We know there is another killing role in the game. That can mean either SKer or Vig or possibly both.

We know there has to be either a roleblocker, a doctor, or both in this game to prevent the kill.

It's also a small possibility of who has priority on the NK and the person who killed the GF prevent the mafia kill. I will say that this is somewhat up to mod preference, but usually simultaneous kills result in both targets dead.

There are two possibilities I can see for nobody claiming responsibility for stopping the kill.

1. It was a doc save. If that's true the doc is better off remaining anonymous for now.
2. It was a roleblocker, but IB sent in the kill and the roleblocker blocked IB. Kind of useless now.

Now, if indeed we had a roleblocker and he didn't target IB, I would encourage him coming forward and claiming. Trading a roleblocker for a mafia member is definitely a good trade for us.
Captain safariguy5

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:41 am

safariguy5 wrote:The fact that we have a godfather dead doesn't necessarily narrow down the choices that much.

We know there is another killing role in the game. That can mean either SKer or Vig or possibly both.

We know there has to be either a roleblocker, a doctor, or both in this game to prevent the kill.

It's also a small possibility of who has priority on the NK and the person who killed the GF prevent the mafia kill. I will say that this is somewhat up to mod preference, but usually simultaneous kills result in both targets dead.

There are two possibilities I can see for nobody claiming responsibility for stopping the kill.

1. It was a doc save. If that's true the doc is better off remaining anonymous for now.
2. It was a roleblocker, but IB sent in the kill and the roleblocker blocked IB. Kind of useless now.

Now, if indeed we had a roleblocker and he didn't target IB, I would encourage him coming forward and claiming. Trading a roleblocker for a mafia member is definitely a good trade for us.

you're forgetting a plain busdrive of last night's mafia target with IB, meaning no other killing role (or the other killing role got doct'd/blocked..)

regarding your last point most definitely, but i think that if it was the case the roleblocker would have already stepped up..
Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:05 am

betiko wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Hi guys, I won't read the ten pages I've missed, so a sum up would be greatly appreciated. I'm scummy for not being active obviously but other than that what has been said?

wow,that just makes me want to help you so much! 10 pages to read, poor thing! let us all read back for you and try to see things from your perspective of whatever role you have and sumarize things in the way you would, cause you know, we have nothing else to do.

I thought as much. Now spill it!!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:09 am

You guys can totally lynch me. I'm town but I have an unimportant role with no night actions. Helium to be exact.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:51 am

let's find a replacement for this guy. he got banned from making tournaments cause he never finishes something he starts, i think he should be blacklisted from mafia games.
Major betiko

Postby samgrossy on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:31 am

MOD NOTE: I feel that the latest post by Betiko may be going down a road that we, as a community of mafia players, don't want to travel. Please, players, let's not continue down that road by responding with comments that could be viewed as personal or unrelated to gameplay. I'm sure that Betiko is only thinking of the integrity of the game as a whole, and not intending it to be a personal assault on any one player. Let's leave it at that, please.

Anyway, let's not forget the purpose of this game in particular: There are metalloids on the loose!

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 am

betiko wrote:you're forgetting a plain busdrive of last night's mafia target with IB, meaning no other killing role (or the other killing role got doct'd/blocked..)

regarding your last point most definitely, but i think that if it was the case the roleblocker would have already stepped up..

you're forgetting the fact that there can be no busdriver in this setup. I feel like i've said this before...
thechuck51 wrote:I would think SK made the kill but there was nothing in the flavor to suggest a block or doc save (there cant be a busdriver in this setup) so I'm unsure why scum was killed (not that I'm complaining!). if there was a doc they should remain silent but if there was a roleblock i think we are in a good enough position for him to come forward.

does it mean anything that IB was in blue as opposed to the typical mafia red?

godfather being in the game eliminates TTTT and TTT. Also note that the wiki page says mafia/SK kills should be indistinguishable for what thats worth.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:26 am

sorry chuck, you are absolutely right, my mistake!

ok just a little recap.

still alive, unclaimed:
Vodean
Jonty125
DoomYoshi
sempaispellcheck
thehippo8
Dukasaur
thechuck51
/

still alive, unproven claims:
no survivors: selenium (Se), VT
betiko: sulfur (S), VT
safariguy: xenon (Xe), VT
gillipig: helium (He), VT

We are absolutely sure the setting has a godfather. Out of the 8 settings, 2 don't have any godfather (T=3 and T=4 are impossible)
I am tempted to think the noble gas theory kind of fits, and that we have the 6 noble gases + me and no survivors, meaning a total of 8vts.
this is just my opinion but the most likely setting for me would be this:
T=5
anti town: Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer
2 town power roles including a doc or a roleblocker
8 VTs

I think that given all what we know we can start trying to get lots of claims.
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:35 am

betiko wrote:I am tempted to think the noble gas theory kind of fits,

I don't want to us to assume that because if scum fakeclaims noble gas, and they pull it off, then we'll just be keeping them alive.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:41 am

I think scum may have self-killed last night. I will explain my reasons later.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Gillipig on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:41 am

betiko wrote:let's find a replacement for this guy. he got banned from making tournaments cause he never finishes something he starts, i think he should be blacklisted from mafia games.

Haha Betiko, you should take out your anger on something other than your keyboard. How about running a bit, I think that would do you good.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Gillipig wrote:
betiko wrote:let's find a replacement for this guy. he got banned from making tournaments cause he never finishes something he starts, i think he should be blacklisted from mafia games.

Haha Betiko, you should take out your anger on something other than your keyboard. How about running a bit, I think that would do you good.

well apparently you decided to participate now, i'm fine with that ;) I just fell in your provocation.

@doom: why would you suddenly realize this? "I think scum may have" means you have just a theory, so why would you not tell us about since it probably has no more reason to be the reality than any other theory?

@everyone: do you think making hippo claim would help us out, and if you don't think so can you give your reasons why?
Major betiko

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:42 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I think scum may have self-killed last night. I will explain my reasons later.

That would be setting up some pretty extreme WIFOM, especially considering that they must have then deliberately targeted the GF (who is the strongest mafia role). But I'd like to hear this theory, I've never heard of that kind of move before (killing the own GF).
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Well, I forgot that the GF was dead. I thought it was just a mafia member, so the WIFOM doesn't actually make sense. Also, after rethinking about the numbers it makes even less sense.

There are 16 total Non-Metals. Since there are 13 players, that means 13 roles + fakeclaims = 16 or 17 roles. The mafia would've targetted their own member if there wasn't enough fakeclaims, but my numbers are off because the mafia aren't taking up non-metal roles. NVM, I'm a moron.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:49 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Well, I forgot that the GF was dead. I thought it was just a mafia member, so the WIFOM doesn't actually make sense. Also, after rethinking about the numbers it makes even less sense.

There are 16 total Non-Metals. Since there are 13 players, that means 13 roles + fakeclaims = 16 or 17 roles. The mafia would've targetted their own member if there wasn't enough fakeclaims, but my numbers are off because the mafia aren't taking up non-metal roles. NVM, I'm a moron.

and also fluorine is definitely not going to claim with his real name and he doesn t talk to mafia at night for those stuff.

so who is in favour of getting a couple of claims?
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:59 pm

samgrossy wrote:MOD NOTE: I feel that the latest post by Betiko may be going down a road that we, as a community of mafia players, don't want to travel. Please, players, let's not continue down that road by responding with comments that could be viewed as personal or unrelated to gameplay. I'm sure that Betiko is only thinking of the integrity of the game as a whole, and not intending it to be a personal assault on any one player. Let's leave it at that, please.

Anyway, let's not forget the purpose of this game in particular: There are metalloids on the loose!

I don't think that betiko was out of line. People like Gillipig who sign up for stuff and then don't follow through should be treated as scum.

I've been on the road all day, I'm tired, I'm hungry, my back hurts, my head hurts, and I still have to drive another 200 miles after supper. Last thing on earth I want to do is to log in and take my stupid turns, but I'm doing it because I have a sense of responsibility to the other players. People like Gillipig who want to thumb their nose at the rest of us and say, "f*ck you, I'm too good to take the game seriously" are essentially insulting the rest of us. They are scum in real life and quite likely scum in the game as well.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
samgrossy wrote:MOD NOTE: I feel that the latest post by Betiko may be going down a road that we, as a community of mafia players, don't want to travel. Please, players, let's not continue down that road by responding with comments that could be viewed as personal or unrelated to gameplay. I'm sure that Betiko is only thinking of the integrity of the game as a whole, and not intending it to be a personal assault on any one player. Let's leave it at that, please.

I don't think that betiko was out of line. People like Gillipig who sign up for stuff and then don't follow through should be treated as scum.

I've been on the road all day, I'm tired, I'm hungry, my back hurts, my head hurts, and I still have to drive another 200 miles after supper. Last thing on earth I want to do is to log in and take my stupid turns, but I'm doing it because I have a sense of responsibility to the other players. People like Gillipig who want to thumb their nose at the rest of us and say, "f*ck you, I'm too good to take the game seriously" are essentially insulting the rest of us. They are scum in real life and quite likely scum in the game as well.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

You're absolutely right, Dukasaur. And we appreciate you for it.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Vote Count, Day 2.3

Postby samgrossy on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Vote Count, Day 2.3

Betiko - (1) Vodean, L-6
thehippo8 - (1) Betiko L-6
Gillipig - (4) sempaispellcheck, DoomYoshi, Jonty125, Dukasaur L-3

Not Voting - (6) NoSurvivors, Gillipig, thechuck51, /, thehippo8, safariguy5

To make gameplay easier for players, the player(s) closest to lynch at the time of vote count will be in red bold

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 2 is 10 PM EST, October 25th. That's 7 days from now.

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Quite frankly, if Gillipig isn't willing to put in the time to even read up on the thread, I don't think we can expect that he's going to contribute later on in the game. In lieu of a better case, I think getting at least a claim is the way to go here.

vote Gillipig
Captain safariguy5

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives