Conquer Club

Periodic Table Mafia: Nonmetals (TOWN) win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [12/13] Day 2: Metalloids Suffer

Postby vodean on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:04 am

betiko wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
betiko wrote:let's find a replacement for this guy. he got banned from making tournaments cause he never finishes something he starts, i think he should be blacklisted from mafia games.

Haha Betiko, you should take out your anger on something other than your keyboard. How about running a bit, I think that would do you good.

well apparently you decided to participate now, i'm fine with that ;) I just fell in your provocation.

@doom: why would you suddenly realize this? "I think scum may have" means you have just a theory, so why would you not tell us about since it probably has no more reason to be the reality than any other theory?

@everyone: do you think making hippo claim would help us out, and if you don't think so can you give your reasons why?

ok. guys. here is an alternative. while im not opposed to pressuring the lazy inactive, i feel for him and have an alternative. take a look at this post. betiko is being incredibly agressive, and is rolefishing. he wants to lynch gillipig, and is trying to get doom to claim. maybe he had semi-valid reasons, but he is just jumping from case to case, trying to get someone to jump on it. this time it worked. i would vote him, but my vote is already on him.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 am

vodean wrote:
betiko wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
betiko wrote:let's find a replacement for this guy. he got banned from making tournaments cause he never finishes something he starts, i think he should be blacklisted from mafia games.

Haha Betiko, you should take out your anger on something other than your keyboard. How about running a bit, I think that would do you good.

well apparently you decided to participate now, i'm fine with that ;) I just fell in your provocation.

@doom: why would you suddenly realize this? "I think scum may have" means you have just a theory, so why would you not tell us about since it probably has no more reason to be the reality than any other theory?

@everyone: do you think making hippo claim would help us out, and if you don't think so can you give your reasons why?

ok. guys. here is an alternative. while im not opposed to pressuring the lazy inactive, i feel for him and have an alternative. take a look at this post. betiko is being incredibly agressive, and is rolefishing. he wants to lynch gillipig, and is trying to get doom to claim. maybe he had semi-valid reasons, but he is just jumping from case to case, trying to get someone to jump on it. this time it worked. i would vote him, but my vote is already on him.

Sure, but keep in mind that betiko has already claimed (whether that claim is true or not is another story).
betiko, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I read it:
He (betiko) feels pressured, and he's trying to take pressure off of himself. This would definitely be understandable if he was scum, but it doesn't necessarily mean that he is - he could be trying to prevent town from wasting a lynch on a townie.

It's 2 AM my time, so I apologize if that doesn't make sense.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:03 am

vodean wrote:
betiko wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

you're not making any sense again. Where am I being overly agressive in that post? take other posts where i might be agressive (like this one), but not in that one.

Now tell me where I want to lynch gillipig please, i asked for his replacement earlier and i have never voted for him.

Where am I asking doom to claim please??? do you know how to read?? I'm asking him to spit out his theory. Anyhow, doom will have to claim at some point, is there anything that tells you that doom is above all suspicions? because i don t agree with that.

Rolefishing; yes I am, I said I wanted a couple of more claims today, and I even asked people to give reasons why it wouldn't be a good idea. Now can you please answer that question instead of acusing me of something that at this stage is not a crime from my understanding?? Why would you not be OK with a couple of more claims and what do you pretend to acheive by killing a claimed VT from the day before and getting as little info as we did from this day 2?

Me jumping from case to case?? my vote has been almost all game on hippo and is still on hippo. Do you know that when you write something it has to be related to stuff happening in this thread, not from stuff happening in your head? Why do we always have to stop logic and reason each time you post something?

I don't know why I even bother answering vodean.

@ safari: dude you're skimming, wasn't expecting it from you, gillipig just claimed helium, VT and I posted a summary of unproven claims and unclaimed players a page ago.
Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:25 am

betiko wrote:
vodean wrote:
betiko wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

you're not making any sense again. Where am I being overly agressive in that post? take other posts where i might be agressive (like this one), but not in that one.

Now tell me where I want to lynch gillipig please, i asked for his replacement earlier and i have never voted for him.

Where am I asking doom to claim please??? do you know how to read?? I'm asking him to spit out his theory. Anyhow, doom will have to claim at some point, is there anything that tells you that doom is above all suspicions? because i don t agree with that.

Rolefishing; yes I am, I said I wanted a couple of more claims today, and I even asked people to give reasons why it wouldn't be a good idea. Now can you please answer that question instead of acusing me of something that at this stage is not a crime from my understanding?? Why would you not be OK with a couple of more claims and what do you pretend to acheive by killing a claimed VT from the day before and getting as little info as we did from this day 2?

Me jumping from case to case?? my vote has been almost all game on hippo and is still on hippo. Do you know that when you write something it has to be related to stuff happening in this thread, not from stuff happening in your head? Why do we always have to stop logic and reason each time you post something?

I don't know why I even bother answering vodean.

@ safari: dude you're skimming, wasn't expecting it from you, gillipig just claimed helium, VT and I posted a summary of unproven claims and unclaimed players a page ago.

You asked for my removal right after I made a role and name claim. That makes no sense at all! Why would you want me replaced after I've taken an active role and outing my name and role? I agree with Vodean here, you're shooting high and low to try to find someone for others to bandwagon on. I don't know if you're just an incoherent person who generally doesn't make much sense or if you're being scummy.
FOS Betiko
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:51 am

gillipig, let me put it this way quoting you exactly what happened. You basically showed willingness to quit the game, then you've started being more active. you changed your attitude, so I can change my attitude towards you.

Gillipig wrote:Hi guys, I won't read the ten pages I've missed, so a sum up would be greatly appreciated. I'm scummy for not being active obviously but other than that what has been said?

betiko wrote:who's talking about lynching him, gillipig hasn't even claimed yet.... humm... i can't change my vote, i said i will go for hippo harrassment until I get a claim. no matter how bad a hippo bite is, i want my answer and hear his claim.

Gillipig wrote:You guys can totally lynch me. I'm town but I have an unimportant role with no night actions. Helium to be exact.

betiko wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 am

betiko wrote:gillipig, let me put it this way quoting you exactly what happened. You basically showed willingness to quit the game, then you've started being more active. you changed your attitude, so I can change my attitude towards you.

Gillipig wrote:Hi guys, I won't read the ten pages I've missed, so a sum up would be greatly appreciated. I'm scummy for not being active obviously but other than that what has been said?

betiko wrote:who's talking about lynching him, gillipig hasn't even claimed yet.... humm... i can't change my vote, i said i will go for hippo harrassment until I get a claim. no matter how bad a hippo bite is, i want my answer and hear his claim.

Gillipig wrote:You guys can totally lynch me. I'm town but I have an unimportant role with no night actions. Helium to be exact.

betiko wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Thanks for quoting the conversation. Now I don't need to do it lol.
After I stated that I have no night actions and claim helium, You ask for my removal. After that I tell you to go for a run, and you retract your statement. Let's make this clear shall we, You think, that claiming name and role is so unhelpful that it warrants removal from the game. But telling you basically to f off, is a noteworthy contribution which forces you to retract your statement. Hm.......
Clearly you either weren't thinking straight or desperately trying to keep the bandwagon on me for scummy reasons.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:30 am

You still don t get it do you? You hadn t posted a thing in like 10 days and you came back saying you were too lazy to read, then you claim telling we can just lynch you. How was i supposed to know you would continue playing after that given your history and your reputation? Do you think it was so much out of the line asking for your replacement given your participation and involvment?
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:33 am

By the way, i just realized you didn t explicitely claim your role gillipig.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:13 am

He claimed his role twice. FOS saf for skimming.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:57 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:He claimed his role twice. FOS saf for skimming.

he claimed but not explicitely. he just said he had no night action, he could still be a town mason and confirmed by someone else.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:02 pm

betiko wrote:

he claimed but not explicitely. he just said he had no night action, he could still be a town mason and confirmed by someone else.

Is GIllipig an obtuse enough player to make that sort of technicality-based argument? I don't think so.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:02 pm

In any case, talking at night is a sort of action.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:20 pm

well I understood VT of course, but I'd still rather have the full confirmation rather than assuming he meant something. If he tells us later one he's masoned with someone else he didn't really lie in his claim.
Major betiko

Postby vodean on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:13 pm

saf?

but the point stands.
betiko wrote:gillipig, let me put it this way quoting you exactly what happened. You basically showed willingness to quit the game, then you've started being more active. you changed your attitude, so I can change my attitude towards you.

betiko wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

and then comes this wonderful post which is essentially a plea for sympathy, and for us to stop pressuring. you are jumpy, defensive, and feel cornered. scum.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Vote Count, Day 2.4

Postby samgrossy on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Vote Count, Day 2.4

Betiko - (1) Vodean, L-6
thehippo8 - (1) Betiko L-6
Gillipig - (5) sempaispellcheck, DoomYoshi, Jonty125, Dukasaur, safariguy5 L-2

Not Voting - (5) NoSurvivors, Gillipig, thechuck51, /, thehippo8,

To make gameplay easier for players, the player(s) closest to lynch at the time of vote count will be in red bold

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 2 is 10 PM EST, October 25th. That's 6 days from now.

MOD NOTE: I will most likely not be able to post a vote count tomorrow. The next vote count will be Sunday, around 10 PM EST, 48 hours from now.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:35 pm

So, I guess we are at an impasse?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:25 pm

not unless we do what i'm suggesting, get a couple more of claims. we are 12 left, out of which 4 climed VTs and we got a godfather out. having half of the town that claimed on day 2 seems legit given the type of setup.
Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:54 am

betiko wrote:You still don t get it do you? You hadn t posted a thing in like 10 days and you came back saying you were too lazy to read, then you claim telling we can just lynch you. How was i supposed to know you would continue playing after that given your history and your reputation? Do you think it was so much out of the line asking for your replacement given your participation and involvment?

What you don't seem to get is that you said this after I started making claims. Not before. I would've had no problems with your statement if it was uttered before I came back. But that wasn't the case. Immediately after my first post in a long while you request that I should be removed, that looks scummy Betiko!

Concerning my role;
I have no night action, or day action. I'm a townie, a blue boy without any powers.
I suppose you will call for my replacement even more now because I further explained my role. :roll:
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:24 am

Gillipig wrote:
betiko wrote:You still don t get it do you? You hadn t posted a thing in like 10 days and you came back saying you were too lazy to read, then you claim telling we can just lynch you. How was i supposed to know you would continue playing after that given your history and your reputation? Do you think it was so much out of the line asking for your replacement given your participation and involvment?

What you don't seem to get is that you said this after I started making claims. Not before. I would've had no problems with your statement if it was uttered before I came back. But that wasn't the case. Immediately after my first post in a long while you request that I should be removed, that looks scummy Betiko!

Concerning my role;
I have no night action, or day action. I'm a townie, a blue boy without any powers.
I suppose you will call for my replacement even more now because I further explained my role. :roll:

so i need to explain it again? aparently what is written in the post you are quoting doesn't fit in your brain. coming back for a post after 10 days of absence doesn't tell me you will start posting like you are doing now once and for all. your last post was just a comeback saying whatever, just lynch me. after 10 days of absence, how is that not normal to want you out and replaced? And I was not the only one to ask for this. why would a scum ask for your replacement instead of going for your lynch? you are at l-2? Think. Almost all the town is against you right now, so try to hang to that branch, you never know!
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:37 am

This arguing isn't helping at all.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:29 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:This arguing isn't helping at all.

I know, this whole argument is completely pointless. but what are you doing here to help doom? you jump in to say that we are stalling, I have asked a couple of times a couple of question to the rest of you and you don't bother to answer it doom. why wouldn't you answer my question? are you in favour of getting a couple of claims ot of the 8 unknown or not?
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:35 pm

betiko wrote:

I know, this whole argument is completely pointless. but what are you doing here to help doom? you jump in to say that we are stalling, I have asked a couple of times a couple of question to the rest of you and you don't bother to answer it doom. why wouldn't you answer my question? are you in favour of getting a couple of claims ot of the 8 unknown or not?

I'm not sure it will help at this point. 4 is a pretty good level for day 2, especially since we already got the godfather.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:45 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
betiko wrote:

I'm not sure it will help at this point. 4 is a pretty good level for day 2, especially since we already got the godfather.

I find this quite ironic coming from you!

DoomYoshi wrote:It means that the setup is randomized (semi-, since there are finite possibilites), but all possibilities are known to the players (open).

There is a link in the OP to the setup. Everybody playing should be familiar with the setup, it has some subtle cool features.

Half of all setups feature an SK. We don't know whether or not sam randomly selected an SK, but that is clearly what fluorine is referring to.

Unfortunately, the setup is almost broken, in that there is ALWAYS a massclaim day 2 or 3. Mafia can still win after the massclaim, but beware that it is coming up soon.

so how is it that the best result possible for town after night one makes you think 4 VT claims are enough, and only 1 claim on day 2 (gillipig). You are not respecting your own logic, FOS for that.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I don't see what the contradiction is.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:08 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I don't see what the contradiction is.

elaborate then. why did you say on day 2 or 3 there is always a massclaim but you're not really keen to get 2 more claims today? "especially since we got the godfather". tell me more about this. why would we risk more now?

we don't know if mafia has fakeclaims, so i wouldn't mind a few nameclaims at least.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives