Conquer Club

The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia Spirits Wins!

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (D6) 5/13

Postby Ewebasher on Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 pm

fusibaseball wrote:Devante was blocked again and Bus Driver got the kill off.

Devante is 100% Town, otherwise he would have bandwagoned last thing yesterday and gotten the lynch off on me.

If Dev is town please explain Charl visiting kingm on N4 and kingm not dying? Makes it unlikely that Charl is scum (unless he was blocked by Dev but Dev claims otherwise). If Dev is 100% town then that means it you and PMC who are scum (which would explain how you know Dev is 100% town but makes your votes for each other at this stage of the game quite a gamble)
Captain Ewebasher

Postby Ewebasher on Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:36 pm

fusibaseball wrote:
Devante is 100% Town, otherwise he would have bandwagoned last thing yesterday and gotten the lynch off on me. Which means the 2 Scum are between PMC, Charle, and Ewe.

Interesting that Dev not bandwagoning means he's not cleared but I had the same opportunity, didn't bandwagon but am still under suspicion... Do you know something we don't? #scum
Captain Ewebasher

Postby Ewebasher on Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 pm

EBWOP 'Dev not bandwagoning means he's cleared'... :oops:
Captain Ewebasher

Postby fusibaseball on Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 pm

Ewebasher wrote:If Dev is town please explain Charl visiting kingm on N4 and kingm not dying? Makes it unlikely that Charl is scum (unless he was blocked by Dev but Dev claims otherwise). If Dev is 100% town then that means it you and PMC who are scum (which would explain how you know Dev is 100% town but makes your votes for each other at this stage of the game quite a gamble)

Some theories I have on this:
1) Dev is lying about his save item not going through Night 4 (also sorry, every time I wrote Night 5 in my last post should have been Night 4). He could have a few reasons for this...for instance, he wanted to bait the blocker role again Night 5 (which he did successfully)
2) Scum intentionally didn't kill Night 4 because they felt they needed to build significant town cred for Charle, which is exactly the result this action, if taken, is earning now. They had already blocked Dev on Night 4, so knew that no other saving action would take place, in which case a Doc claim starts to appear strong
3) The game started with only 2 Scum, so we have been playing on a single Scum PMC since Sonic died a long time ago. In which case Charle is truly a Doc and we have been going at each other for weeks now for no point
4) Scum just literally forgot to submit an action via PM in time (which this is actually the case I am leaning towards at the moment). Maybe they had time to decide on a target in private chat but the Bus Driver forgot to follow through with the PM afterwards. Deadlines have been pretty strict from strike. Maybe they also couldn't agree on a target in time...it can be hard to arrange set times to actually discuss live your thoughts in the Scum chat.

------

And yes, for some reason, my mind was doing a mental block against you after you seemed to decide pretty strongly yesterday I was no longer town-aligned, but you didn't end up voting for me yesterday, same as Dev. So yes, you're also cleared in my book. I see no reason why a Scum wouldn't have jumped on the chance to hammer. Today would then be 2 Town:2 Scum, they force a tie, kill Night 6 and end the game.

So Scum is either Charle + PMC or just PMC.
Field Marshal fusibaseball

Postby pmchugh on Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:51 am

Vote fusi

Today should.be pretty simple, we kill fusi. Charle is confirmed town barring some weird scenarios that don't make any sense, I will show it from fusi post in a second. Neither dev nor ewebasher voted for fusi which would have won them the game if they were both scum together. Same for me + either dev or ewebasher, they would have hammered fusi.

1 scum remaining is impossible unless they have both roleblock and busdrive like capabilities, which would be weirdly OP when sonic is just a goon, makes zero sense.

Given that there must be two scum left and it isn't charle and it isnt dev/ewe + anyone other than fusi. Then it must be;
Fusi + me
Fusi + dev
Fusi + ewebasher

Regardless, it has to be fusi or he dies yesterday.

From his perspective, he has to argue its me + charle because we were the only ones left voting for him who couldn't hammer him, but charle prevented kingm death night 4, so it's a pretty bad argument.

Tomorrow might be more complicated, but I am pretty sure the teammate is dev. Either way charle dies tonight when fusi shows up scum.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:03 am

fusibaseball wrote:
Ewebasher wrote:If Dev is town please explain Charl visiting kingm on N4 and kingm not dying? Makes it unlikely that Charl is scum (unless he was blocked by Dev but Dev claims otherwise). If Dev is 100% town then that means it you and PMC who are scum (which would explain how you know Dev is 100% town but makes your votes for each other at this stage of the game quite a gamble)

Some theories I have on this:
1) Dev is lying about his save item not going through Night 4 (also sorry, every time I wrote Night 5 in my last post should have been Night 4). He could have a few reasons for this...for instance, he wanted to bait the blocker role again Night 5 (which he did successfully)

Dev said he was blocked again last night, as town there is no point lying again today. Also, someone would have gotten that item and used it yesterday, confirming themselves, dev and the person they saved pretty much winning the game. The only reason to lie is if he is scum, and since he didn't hammer you, that would mean both of you together.

2) Scum intentionally didn't kill Night 4 because they felt they needed to build significant town cred for Charle, which is exactly the result this action, if taken, is earning now. They had already blocked Dev on Night 4, so knew that no other saving action would take place, in which case a Doc claim starts to appear strong

Scum intentionally not killing when they were one mislynch from winning would be bizarre, especially with so many town PRs left and so close to the end of the game.

3) The game started with only 2 Scum, so we have been playing on a single Scum PMC since Sonic died a long time ago. In which case Charle is truly a Doc and we have been going at each other for weeks now for no point

Em no. I would have to have roleblock powers and a different power to mess with investigations while sonic is just vanilla goon. Makes no sense. If we kill you today and you show up town + game continues then people can consider this tomorrow, but I just don't see 1 scum left as possible.

4) Scum just literally forgot to submit an action via PM in time (which this is actually the case I am leaning towards at the moment). Maybe they had time to decide on a target in private chat but the Bus Driver forgot to follow through with the PM afterwards. Deadlines have been pretty strict from strike. Maybe they also couldn't agree on a target in time...it can be hard to arrange set times to actually discuss live your thoughts in the Scum chat.

So your master explanation is that scum forgot to submit a night action, but includes charle who was confirmed to have visited kingm?

------

And yes, for some reason, my mind was doing a mental block against you after you seemed to decide pretty strongly yesterday I was no longer town-aligned, but you didn't end up voting for me yesterday, same as Dev. So yes, you're also cleared in my book. I see no reason why a Scum wouldn't have jumped on the chance to hammer. Today would then be 2 Town:2 Scum, they force a tie, kill Night 6 and end the game.

So Scum is either Charle + PMC or just PMC.

The reason scum didn't jump on it was because you were the other scum.
Major pmchugh

Postby Ewebasher on Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:38 am

Yes, must confess given I'm most suspicious of Dev that would make Fusi his partner-in-scum as if Fusi was town Dev would have hammered...
Captain Ewebasher

Postby Ewebasher on Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:41 am

Charl, rightly or wrongly (we'll soon find out I guess) I believe you're town so looking for your input here. You agree with my Dev suspicions and I reckon by extension that puts the FOS on Fusi (no hammertime from Dev on D5).

Do we side with the twice guilty PMC and hammer Fusi?
Captain Ewebasher

Postby Devante on Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:08 pm

I'm confused Ewe, clear up something for me. If you're town and twice you've chosen to read PMC and it came up guilty, then why are you so adamant about voting for anyone else?

Secondly, and more importantly, why would you choose to read the same person twice instead of one of the other ones around still, including myself?

And finally, since I was blocked, can someone explain if Charle protected King last night, how did King still die?

As for not voting Fusi on the last day, as I said he was leaning town for me and we've done nothing but vote for town players so far, so I am not looking to vote for someone who was leaning town. If he is scum then he's done a hell of a job playing the role but right now I don't think he is.
Major Devante

Postby Charle on Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:30 pm

Ewebasher wrote:Charl, rightly or wrongly (we'll soon find out I guess) I believe you're town so looking for your input here. You agree with my Dev suspicions and I reckon by extension that puts the FOS on Fusi (no hammertime from Dev on D5).

Do we side with the twice guilty PMC and hammer Fusi?

Sorry, I am on a boat cruise, but I agree Ewe, letā€™s go for it

vote Fusi
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Devante on Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:09 pm

So, you're voting for Fusi which caused a stale mate and no vote the day prior? Meaning Scum gets another day with nothing on our end and then can kill again. None of this is making any sense
Major Devante

Postby fusibaseball on Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:34 pm

@Dev you're starting to see through them because they have noone else to lump into the FOS besides you at this point.

You know something that could work? I'd like PMC or Charle to come up with a full log of what they think happened every night with the investigative results. I can come up with one in 5 min. Let's compare the 2 and see whose makes more sense.

Postby pmchugh on Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:41 pm

On last nights investigation, its worth remembering it is literally 50/50 excluding mind games. Since busdriver switches two players, and they don't switch ewebasher, one scum will appear as scum, one will appear as town, one town will appear as scum and one mafia will appear as town. The earlier investigations are the more impressive catches by mafia as they required better prediction, especially the first one on me. Which is the only thing making me suspect ewebasher, but my instinct is he would just be all over me if he was faking guilty results on me, so it doesn't make sense.

I am happy to take up your challenge fusi, I might not have every action down (because I have less complete information) but I am confident that mine will still make more sense than your mafia forgetting their night actions nonsense, because I don't think there is a way for you to square the game up.

Will take a bit of time to go through.
Major pmchugh

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:12 am

Vote Count

Pmc (1)-Fusi
Fusi (2)-PMC, Charle
Charle
Ewebasher
Devante

with 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Deadline is next Thursday.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Devante on Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:13 am

I agree with you both doing this. I also want an answers from Ewe and Charle. Although I'm leaning that PMC and Charle are Scum. Right now as the only town I know for sure, this makes the most sense. We got time so let's see it
Major Devante

Postby Ewebasher on Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:43 am

Vote Fusi
Captain Ewebasher

Postby fusibaseball on Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:18 am

At least it's over.

GG PMC + Charle

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:37 pm

That's 3 on Fusi. Scene will be a while because of Easter family plans.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Devante on Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:26 pm

Really don't understand the hammer like that before any more feedback. Hope you guys are right. Otherwise GG Scum
Major Devante

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:52 pm

End Scene: Death

The group gathered around. Their torchlight barely seemed to keep out the creeping darkness of the forest. Nervousness filled everyone of them, the Alabasians wondered why they ever even volunteered to leave the safety of their high walls. Even the remaining villagers felt out of place in a forest they'd known their whole lives.

One of them finally spoke out, "This is the spirits. If we could just kill even one more of them, I'm sure this darkness would part and we could find our way."

Another nodded in agreement, "But who?"

The leader of the Alabasians sighed wearily. He'd been so confident when he had struck out. So careful. His notebook had all the notes he thought he'd need to decide the real ones from the spirits impersonating them. He looked at the villager across from him. If he could trust the notebook book then he knew this man was not who he claimed to be. However, his notebook had proven false twice already.

An Alabasian stood up and pointed at this very villager as well as another villager sitting nearby, "Look. It has two be those two. Everyone else has alibis for the nights of the murders."

The accuser was Bil Sprigs, a man that at one time, the leader thought he could trust with his life but everything seemed so out of sorts now. The villager accused Bil back and everyone started arguing back and forth. As paralyzed with indecision as he was, something had to change.

He stood up and looked at William, "I trust you to be the doctor. Whoever you think did it, I will follow."

William smiled sadly and pointed to Bil, "even if he's right about the actions, he knows to much to be a simple Alabasian. He must be a spirit."

There was a little deliberation before a gun rang out and Bil fell to the ground.

Fusibaseball-City Dweller Bil Sprigs-Vanilla Townie has been lynched.

The remaining town didn't even have time to process what just happened before a powerful gust extinguished the torches and left them in darkness.

Charls again found himself looking over the wall to the forest. Since he had spotted the flare, they only seemed to have double his guard duties. He hadn't minded at first. There was a certain thrill to the idea that any time now, something else mysterious could happen. However, it didn't take long for the dull monotony of his duties to reassert themselves.

He leaned over the wall bored when he again saw an unexpected sight. A small group of people walking out of the forest towards the city. He called to the gatekeepers and soon the group was inside the walls. They were greeted with many questions but dodged them merely stating that they needed to rest and speak to the leadership of the city.

A man and woman take their child to the edge of the forest and sit overlooking a dark desert. They point out at the other end at a large wall. "That was once a great city named Alabasia. It is said after the first Cataclysm that it remained strong for hundreds of years. Now it sits empty and dead. Only its great wall still stands. We take you here to tell you, never venture beyond its walls. Only death waits for you there."

Son!c-Malevolent Spirit-Mafia Goon, PMChugh-Attacking Spirit-Mafia Roleblocker and Charles-Attacking Spirit-Mafia Busdriver have won.

Ewebasher and Devante have been eliminated.
Last edited by strike wolf on Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:55 pm

Congrats to PMC, Charle and Son!c. Very well played. The first two nights especially were basically a master class in how to use a mafia busdriver.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia Spirits Wins!

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:08 pm

Some notes

1. Adapting an original story to a mafia plot proved to have more wrinkles than I realized. Still very fun for me.
2. I think if I was to do the roles again, I would have given the busdrive to the Serial Killer/Loose and given Charle a more standard Godfather role. I did give Loose an immunity to investigations and the really strong fake claim of Doctor but that fell apart when Mafia decided to kill him night 1.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Loose Canon on Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:10 pm

yes gg and well played mafia.

sitting from the side Charle and PMC were my 2nd and 3rd favourites to be mafia.
My first favourite was King though - as I thought the framing of Vot was too perfect and that King was the busdriver with a false claim - and that it was a double bluff dreamt up by Sonic.

For my part I must be the most incompetent serial killer ever.
I think I've tried it 4 times now and never got beyond 1 kill. Still I suppose 1 1 0 1 is a series of sorts.

Thanks for the game strike.
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:20 pm

Loose Canon wrote:yes gg and well played mafia.

sitting from the side Charle and PMC were my 2nd and 3rd favourites to be mafia.
My first favourite was King though - as I thought the framing of Vot was too perfect and that King was the busdriver with a false claim - and that it was a double bluff dreamt up by Sonic.

For my part I must be the most incompetent serial killer ever.
I think I've tried it 4 times now and never got beyond 1 kill. Still I suppose 1 1 0 1 is a series of sorts.

Thanks for the game strike.

I did consider rerolling when you were randomly landed on for SK since you'd just been a serial killer in the previous game but figured that tainted the game a bit.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:37 pm

I sent an early guess to Strike I had Chare as Scum. but well played by mafia. =D> =D> =D>

Lost the track on the last days. But when I saw people voting Fusi I knew the outcome.
General TrafalgarLaw01

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games