Conquer Club

The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia Spirits Wins!

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia Spirits Wins!

Postby SoN!c on Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:58 pm

WE would have won always; :D

BAD luck Loose poisoned like the 7¨ish % probablility first night but always super confident till the end O:)

If not for the 7% bad luck on that i would have been cleared as townie (confirmed townie after THAT night)- goodluck winning those odds..if you could not even win it on THESE ODDS :lol:

Still GREAT JOB PMCHUCH and CHARLE =D> =D> =D> :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

"Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:55 pm

Congrats to PMC, Charle and Son!c. Very well played. The first two nights especially were basically a master class in how to use a mafia busdriver."
PMC nailed it and we fine-tuned it :D Master cleaning LOOSE ends O:) :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!

Son!c-Malevolent Spirit-Mafia Goon, PMChugh-Attacking Spirit-Mafia Roleblocker and Charles-Attacking Spirit-Mafia Busdriver have won.
Major SoN!c

Postby pmchugh on Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:15 pm

Ggs all, massive thanks to Strike for all the effort, especially with the written scenes.

Very stressful game and quite surprised we won. I do feel mafia busdriver is uber powerful, but we probably made mistakes with it and made it too obvious. Like, I am assuming LC poisoned vot and we switched sonic into it? I think almost everyone targetted vot night 1 lol.

I would be interested to see if fusi had worked out what happened on the penultimate night. I feel like if anyone had noticed that we switched charle and kingm, resulting in it looking like charle visited kingm (he actually saw himself visit himself) then it would have given more doubt to our story.

Big props to charle, not easy to carry a game for a newbie as mafia, the doctor claim switch saved our game. Fusi called it right, I panicked when ewe had a guilty on me (he had a knack for avoiding our busdrive switches) and fusi made a case against charle in the same day. Ewe being cop was annoying as he was definitely in the target lynch pile.

The next night when I came up with the no kill plan it put all the pressure on charle and despite being worried, he took it up and owned it. Him selling that was the mandatory for us to have a chance.

The one thing I would say to town is you didn't engage enough with the posts, the evidence was there. I did classic scum tells like vote charle day 1 and then quickly back down, not defend him but attack someone else when he was accused and virtually no one noticed. Sonic at one point even said, "I think all city dwellers are scum and third party" while in the same post he claimed to be a city dweller lol. I think we could use some newbie games with no roles and stories so that people get used to trying to find scum tells and town tells and don't rely on night actions.

Oh and note to self, never claim vanilla as mafia, terrible idea.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:16 pm

SoN!c wrote:WE would have won always; :D

BAD luck Loose poisoned like the 7¨ish % probablility first night but always super confident till the end O:)

If not for the 7% bad luck on that i would have been cleared as townie (confirmed townie after THAT night)- goodluck winning those odds..if you could not even win it on THESE ODDS :lol:

Still GREAT JOB PMCHUCH and CHARLE =D> =D> =D> :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

"Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:55 pm

Congrats to PMC, Charle and Son!c. Very well played. The first two nights especially were basically a master class in how to use a mafia busdriver."
PMC nailed it and we fine-tuned it :D Master cleaning LOOSE ends O:) :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!

Son!c-Malevolent Spirit-Mafia Goon, PMChugh-Attacking Spirit-Mafia Roleblocker and Charles-Attacking Spirit-Mafia Busdriver have won.

Yeah with you alive we would have won quite easily.
Major pmchugh

Postby SoN!c on Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:18 pm

pmchugh wrote:Ggs all, massive thanks to Strike for all the effort, especially with the written scenes.

Very stressful game and quite surprised we won. I do feel mafia busdriver is uber powerful, but we probably made mistakes with it and made it too obvious. Like, I am assuming LC poisoned vot and we switched sonic into it? I think almost everyone targetted vot night 1 lol.

I would be interested to see if fusi had worked out what happened on the penultimate night. I feel like if anyone had noticed that we switched charle and kingm, resulting in it looking like charle visited kingm (he actually saw himself visit himself) then it would have given more doubt to our story.

Big props to charle, not easy to carry a game for a newbie as mafia, the doctor claim switch saved our game. Fusi called it right, I panicked when ewe had a guilty on me (he had a knack for avoiding our busdrive switches) and fusi made a case against charle in the same day. Ewe being cop was annoying as he was definitely in the target lynch pile.

The next night when I came up with the no kill plan it put all the pressure on charle and despite being worried, he took it up and owned it. Him selling that was the mandatory for us to have a chance.

The one thing I would say to town is you didn't engage enough with the posts, the evidence was there. I did classic scum tells like vote charle day 1 and then quickly back down, not defend him but attack someone else when he was accused and virtually no one noticed. Sonic at one point even said, "I think all city dwellers are scum and third party" while in the same post he claimed to be a city dweller lol. I think we could use some newbie games with no roles and stories so that people get used to trying to find scum tells and town tells and don't rely on night actions.

"I think all city dwellers are scum and third party" while in the same post he claimed to be a city dweller lol."

I was planting seeds to take that over the top but it needs to be said: pmchugh was our BIG brain =D> =D> we just fine-tuned his idea's O:) =D> =D> =D> =D>
Major SoN!c

Postby Votanic on Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:46 pm

Having Sonic killed off early was probably scum's greatest stroke of luck.
Captain Votanic

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:05 pm

Votanic wrote:Having Sonic killed off early was probably scum's greatest stroke of luck.

I wonder why you claimed vainilla that probably had u lynched. had u claimed BG as u were. maybe u wouldnt have got lynched
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:40 pm

pmchugh wrote:Ggs all, massive thanks to Strike for all the effort, especially with the written scenes.

I'm glad that people enjoyed the writing. It was fun writing it.

Yes. Ewe, King and Loose all visited Vot N1.

What I noted and probably would have screwed over mafia had town noticed is that by this point in the game, Mafia Roleblocker and Busdriver were basically confirmed roles. With that kind of manipulation out there, there was no reason mafia should have missed a kill when the "doctor" was known. Mafia had just too many ways to subvert the protection and town could have called you out on it. Town probably also could have figured out balance wise town was already heavy on protective roles. It also slowed down the game when mafia was in control and if 5 had been alive, I felt there was a good chance you could have forced a bad lynch on either Devante or Fusi. 6 alive on the other hand gave town an extra night to get information and think it through. You played it really well but I think more often than not that second guilty result on you would lead to your lynch, then without the role block, Devante gets cleared by giving out his inventions and then Charle probably becomes the odd duck since Fusi and you made it pretty clear you weren't on the same side.

I think being passive in general hurt town. Vot getting a lucky guess on his protect N1 could have thrown the whole game for a loop but he chose not to use his protect at all. Devante never got to use his inventions. Even traf chose to visit himself N1 and visiting Vot or son!c instead could have really changed the nights outcome. The only time it worked in towns favor was D5 when no lynch was objectively the correct move to avoid the MYLO situation
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Votanic on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:47 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
Votanic wrote:Having Sonic killed off early was probably scum's greatest stroke of luck.

I wonder why you claimed vainilla that probably had u lynched. had u claimed BG as u were. maybe u wouldnt have got lynched

Glad you asked.
What is the benefit to town of forcing the reveal a town power role? Especially early in the game? ...Usually none.
I doubt it would have even saved me, but it would definitely have raised my chance of being killed that night. Remember, scum loves unnecessary role reveals.
In the future, town needs to not be so nosy about PRs and just hope whoever has one plays it well for town.

Claiming Vanilla to protect your role is usually a wise move Yes, it might not save you if there is other evidence (even if false...), but it is a mistake to perceive it as scummy.
Both Fusi (town, true) and PMC (scum, false) made it to the end of the game claiming Vanilla.

Overall this was a clever and twisty game, but any game with major scum PRs, especially if unannounced, is always going to be a longshot win for town.
Last edited by Votanic on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Votanic

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:55 pm

Votanic wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:

Glad you asked.
What is the benefit to town of forcing the reveal a town power role? Especially early in the game? ...Usually none.
I doubt it would have even saved me, but it would definitely have raised my chance of being killed that night. Remember, scum loves unnecessary role reveals.
In the future, town needs to not be so nosy about PRs and just hope whoever has one plays it well for town.

Overall this was a clever and twisty game, but any game with major scum PRs, especially if unannounced, is always going to be a longshot win for town.

I agree reveals are not very usefull early on. But if u are town its better be honest about it and do the best on your hand to be alive and reveal scum instead of lying
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Votanic on Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:04 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
Votanic wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:

Glad you asked.

I agree reveals are not very usefull early on. But if u are town its better be honest about it and do the best on your hand to be alive and reveal scum instead of lying

No, on the contrary, you (and the six of seven lynchers who were town) need to recognize that your pointless demand to know my PR was unreasonable and self-destructive.
Especially, since there turned out to be a scum roleblocker... I just wish Devante had kept his mouth shut about his inventions...then he would have been able to use them!
Anyone ever heard of 'LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS'?

Like I said before, there was other (false) evidence that doomed me on Day 2. Even I suggested the possibility of a Scum PR at the same time I accused KingM, but myself and every other town player wasn't ready to believe that yet.

Come on, seriously, giving two major and unnannounced PRs to the team that already knows who is the enemy and can kill every night is a pretty sweetheart deal for Scum.
Captain Votanic

Postby Charle on Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:08 am

Thanks very much Strike, I really enjoyed this and had so many laughs, from day 2 with Vot’s lynch until the end. PMC is a brilliant player and I learned so much from him, thanks buddy!
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby pmchugh on Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:54 am

Yeah dev really shouldn't have held on to his inventions or he should have lied about what they were, or at least not confirmed to us they were returned to him. Usually x-shot roles don't get them back if they are blocked. If he had gotten off one action to a townie we were dead.

strike wolf wrote:What I noted and probably would have screwed over mafia had town noticed is that by this point in the game, Mafia Roleblocker and Busdriver were basically confirmed roles. With that kind of manipulation out there, there was no reason mafia should have missed a kill when the "doctor" was known. Mafia had just too many ways to subvert the protection and town could have called you out on it. Town probably also could have figured out balance wise town was already heavy on protective roles. It also slowed down the game when mafia was in control and if 5 had been alive, I felt there was a good chance you could have forced a bad lynch on either Devante or Fusi. 6 alive on the other hand gave town an extra night to get information and think it through. You played it really well but I think more often than not that second guilty result on you would lead to your lynch, then without the role block, Devante gets cleared by giving out his inventions and then Charle probably becomes the odd duck since Fusi and you made it pretty clear you weren't on the same side.

I think you are right in that 5 vs 6 is a massive disadvantage and we probably made it slightly harder, but that was kind of the whole point. Fusi and me becoming polarised was not my plan, my plan was to basically shut up and say nothing and neither vote for Dev or fusi, so either would look more like my partner than charle, but then fusi connected the dots and ruined that.

As for the, "where were the roleblocker and busdriver" narrative I think there were two lines we never explored.

First the explanation I was going to have had ewe not hammered was that devante couldn't roleblock because he needed to use up all his items one night so as to not appear like wolf. What's more likely, mafia skip a kill to look innocent or they skip a roleblock to look innocent?

The fusi investigation by ewe was also the worst possible outcome for us, because I expected someone to pick up on swangs claim that busdrive, roleblock and kill couldn't be used on the same night. This kills me but confirms charle as town as long as ewe doesn't investigate fusi. Imagine charle is investigated by ewe and seen as town, dev with OP roles is blocked, no kill, with the assumption that you can't do all 3 in one night.

I do think we tried to control the game a bit too much, which is very hard with so many PRs. I felt the need to set it up to look guaranteed innocent rather than rely on argumentation during the days.
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:55 am

Charle wrote:Thanks very much Strike, I really enjoyed this and had so many laughs, from day 2 with Vot’s lynch until the end. PMC is a brilliant player and I learned so much from him, thanks buddy!

Cheers charle! :D
Major pmchugh

Postby Ewebasher on Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:39 am

pmchugh wrote:I would be interested to see if fusi had worked out what happened on the penultimate night. I feel like if anyone had noticed that we switched charle and kingm, resulting in it looking like charle visited kingm (he actually saw himself visit himself) then it would have given more doubt to our story.

It was this move that won it for you I reckon. That put Dev in the frame (and then by extension Fusi). If as you say one of us had seen through that I may have gone for my investigations but after the first 2 nights I didn't believe a word I was saying...

Well played all and apologies to Dev and Fusi...
Last edited by Ewebasher on Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Ewebasher

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:17 am

Big shout out to Fusi, who not only knew who the last two scum were, but made an accurate guess on the roles as well. It's tough seeing a game go in that direction, but it happens. I hope you have better luck next time Fusi!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby SoN!c on Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:58 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Big shout out to Fusi, who not only knew who the last two scum were, but made an accurate guess on the roles as well. It's tough seeing a game go in that direction, but it happens. I hope you have better luck next time Fusi!

Hear, hear =D> =D>
Major SoN!c

Postby strike wolf on Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:41 am

With a guilty result and a track leading to the person killed, Vot was probably always going to be lynched. I do agree though that fake claiming Vanilla townie only helped to seal his fate.

Fusi played well late. He would have definitely been the MVP if town had pulled out the win. The only flaw that I recall of his logic was the assumption that a mafia member couldn't perform the kill and their other action in the same night.

Ewebasher had a decent string of actions, aiming for mafia on 3 of the last 4 nights but ultimately the busdrive confusion won out.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:29 am

I do want to add that a general policy in Mafia, no matter what site or platform you play on, it's "Lynch all liars."
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:36 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I do want to add that a general policy in Mafia, no matter what site or platform you play on, it's "Lynch all liars."

I uh, tried this but maifauniverse is quite different in shielding or using claims to protect something else.

I had a jailkeeper out for almost no reason d2 after a no kill night and someone else claimed another roleblocker on someone. In return I too claimed roleblocker to protect the other two claims. We were both (forced to) retract but lying has purpose.

Also sometimes people claim they picked up on a soft from someone to shield them from a lynch only to say the next day they just really trusted them. It's all about whether "does this come from scum or from town"
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Devante on Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:54 am

Thanks Strike, story was well written and added a nice twist to things.

As a newbie to mafia, I think what I've learned the most from this game is I need to lie way more or at least keep things closer and more hidden.

All in all, great game and congrats to the winners.
Major Devante

Postby Votanic on Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:49 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I do want to add that a general policy in Mafia, no matter what site or platform you play on, it's "Lynch all liars."

This is completely daft... and untrue. DDS are you at all familiar with a game called Mafia?

Those wine glasses spin around constantly, setting yourself any hard rule like that will trip you up sooner or later.
And more specifically, keeping one's PR on the down-low is obviously an idea a lot of players around here have yet to comprehend.

Btw DDS, between driving my lynch and your opening remarks on day 3, I was convinced you were fairly well-playing scum...
Imagine both my amusement and chagrin to discover you acted that way as town...
Last edited by Votanic on Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Votanic

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:30 pm

Hey, whatever your idea on how to play mafia is entirely up to you. I'm just letting you know it's scummy to lie about your role in general. If you feel differently about it, cool. But most people feel otherwise. No need to be hostile about it.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:15 am

Extreme Ways wrote:

I uh, tried this but maifauniverse is quite different in shielding or using claims to protect something else.

I had a jailkeeper out for almost no reason d2 after a no kill night and someone else claimed another roleblocker on someone. In return I too claimed roleblocker to protect the other two claims. We were both (forced to) retract but lying has purpose.

Also sometimes people claim they picked up on a soft from someone to shield them from a lynch only to say the next day they just really trusted them. It's all about whether "does this come from scum or from town"

Huh. Always been a general policy I've ran into. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I typically wont trust someone's claim at face value if they have a lying streak. Just me.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Votanic on Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:15 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I typically wont trust someone's claim at face value if they have a lying streak. Just me.

DDS = Honesty.
Captain Votanic

Postby Charle on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:50 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Big shout out to Fusi, who not only knew who the last two scum were, but made an accurate guess on the roles as well. It's tough seeing a game go in that direction, but it happens. I hope you have better luck next time Fusi!

Yes that was brilliant from Fusi, well worked out, was very difficult to get the rest of the guys to think otherwise. Good job!!
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games