Conquer Club

Soaps Role Madness! Night 3

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Day 1

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:22 am

I just realised... With DDS not in this game there's no one hard advocating for no lunch!

I'll see if I manage to gather some thoughts tonight
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:26 am

Work through lunch you peasants!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Charle on Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:27 am

Extreme Ways wrote:I just realised... With DDS not in this game there's no one hard advocating for no lunch!

I'll see if I manage to gather some thoughts tonight

I always wondered why I was so hungry when DDS was part of the game!

FP by DDS :D :D :D
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Ragian on Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:31 am

I don't get it. You're not answering any of my questions because you're town reading me (ish)... So you don't want to engage with me because you think I'm town. That's very non-reciprocal. I'm suspicious of your play, but you don't find it important to alleviate any issues there. I do thank you, however, for spelling my name correctly ;)

I also find it odd that Loose is dead set on getting a lynch. Any lynch. I, for one, am totally down with getting a claim or two D1, but I'm not saying that a lynch is a necessity.

Suss
- PMC (see above)
- Loose (see above)

Slight suss
- Pix (doesn't really say anything but posts)
- Charle (doesn't really say anything but posts)
- Devante (doesn't really say anything but posts)
- EW (this might be because I'm not necessarily sure what he's on about)

Neutral
- Rest

I have no town reads. I like how Strike plays this D1, which makes me town read him right now, but I've been fooled before.
Captain Ragian

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:03 am

I have predetermined now that next game town or scum I will vote for a lynch candidate and not vote no lynch.

So at least then I cannot be accused of being bad town OR scum.

It will have to be scum and bad play if you so wish.

#givelynchachance
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby kongming3 on Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:29 am

Vote Loose Canon
Major kongming3

Postby *Pixar* on Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:33 am

Anyone know why Fusi's vote is larger text, bolded and underlined? Or is it just because DDS likes to pick on him :lol:
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Charle on Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:16 am

*Pixar* wrote:Anyone know why Fusi's vote is larger text, bolded and underlined? Or is it just because DDS likes to pick on him :lol:

:lol: I think it because everything he posted so far in this game was in that exact large text, just in red.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby pmchugh on Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:32 am

Ragian wrote:I don't get it. You're not answering any of my questions because you're town reading me (ish)... So you don't want to engage with me because you think I'm town. That's very non-reciprocal. I'm suspicious of your play, but you don't find it important to alleviate any issues there. I do thank you, however, for spelling my name correctly ;)

I also find it odd that Loose is dead set on getting a lynch. Any lynch. I, for one, am totally down with getting a claim or two D1, but I'm not saying that a lynch is a necessity.

Suss
- PMC (see above)
- Loose (see above)

Slight suss
- Pix (doesn't really say anything but posts)
- Charle (doesn't really say anything but posts)
- Devante (doesn't really say anything but posts)
- EW (this might be because I'm not necessarily sure what he's on about)

Neutral
- Rest

I have no town reads. I like how Strike plays this D1, which makes me town read him right now, but I've been fooled before.

Charle at least gave a town list.

LC is probably right I should stick to one candidate and try build something rather than switching to the latest shiny scum read. The more pressure the more real the responses.

I am town reading fusi via the mod for having a post restriction/weird mod interaction, usually given to a townie the most struggles to give a power role to in role madness.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:36 pm

fusi deserves some attention
I found pmc townie but that thing with rag is super weird???
loose is still in my sus pile

I havent gotten many townie pings except our newcomer.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:41 pm

I'm in most players scum or bad player pile, and the player I trust most as town has voted to lynch me.

I'm a big boy, I can get over it.

Just need to put on a brave face and hunt down those mafiosi. :roll:
Major Loose Canon

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:44 pm

(couldn't get actual crying face emoji didn't work)
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:29 pm

Alright, gonna light a fire under you guys. Deadline set to next Weds 10pm -7utc
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Devante on Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:52 pm

Alright, just trying to square things up before being away for a few days. Deadline works better as I should be back by Monday, god willing. As town does not have a general consensus going I will unvote so scum cannot hop on any bandwagon. If we're still going when I'm back I'll look over posts and post my reads. Feel like the posting of reads with reasons does seem the most helpful for town so I'll follow suit. Otherwise farewell bitches I'm taking a very needed break.

UNVOTE
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:40 am

Also, just wanted to post this as it seemed the right thing to do. Fusi may not be very active right now but I would point to the fact he dropped points off the scoreboard to make sure Cheff hit conqueror. I can only guess he is grieving at this point like so many others and mafia is the last item on the list. Please give him some time for now. He is usually very active and I'm sure he will be again moving forward.

Not saying he ain't scum possibly, just that we should understand the circumstances around his lack of posting. Be well everyone
Major Devante

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:12 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Alright, gonna light a fire under you guys. Deadline set to next Weds 10pm -7utc

Arsonist mod :roll:

Now, I want a claim from someone. Just so we at least have something to go on D2 rather than relying on power roles solely. So I'm going to put my money where my mouth is...and was... vote PMC
Captain Ragian

Postby Charle on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:24 am

Wow, why protecting Fusi when he doesn't even have a single vote against him? That seems scummy to both of you in my books. If any of you would turn out to be scum later in the game, this is the post we would come back to. To be honest, I am going to read your posts with a different eye in the future.

Being busy with games on CC is no excuse for not posting, it only takes a few minutes. It is not as if he sits 24/7 working out his CC moves. Both are only games though.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Charle on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:25 am

Sorry, that was FP by Ragian
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby pmchugh on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:28 am

Devante wrote:Alright, just trying to square things up before being away for a few days. Deadline works better as I should be back by Monday, god willing. As town does not have a general consensus going I will unvote so scum cannot hop on any bandwagon. If we're still going when I'm back I'll look over posts and post my reads. Feel like the posting of reads with reasons does seem the most helpful for town so I'll follow suit. Otherwise farewell bitches I'm taking a very needed break.

UNVOTE

Fusi is a fucking legend for this, I will vote for myself if he tells me to :lol:

OK, raigan, you on the other hand, why me? Cause I didn't immediately respond to you?

I am going to now post a full appraisal of everyone without reading the thread, see who I miss cause they are probably scum.

Fusi - has a post restriction/mod interaction which makes me believe he is more likely town, but this is a mod read not a fusi read.
Strike- I am still suspicious of him, I don't understand how he thinks bandwaggonning day 1 is bad, without it, the game goes nowhere. His logic makes no sense to me, so that could just be a clash of styles, or it could be that he was acting suss
LC - I get townie vibes but LC is certainly capable of that day 1 as mafia
EW - On the suspicious list for never actually doing any reads
TLaw - not active enough for judgement
Swang - Really not active enough for judgement, which is weird as swang was quite active last game
Pixar - it's now Thursday and no more info or posts, other than defending himself. The only thing that gives me pause here is when I was scum last game pixar made for an easy mislynch for us, maybe he just always reads scummy
Ragian - mistaken townie vibes
Dev - He is too new to fake town slips, and he town slipped. 99% town
Charle - town read, seems lighter than when he was scum
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:36 am

pmchugh wrote:
Devante wrote:Alright, just trying to square things up before being away for a few days. Deadline works better as I should be back by Monday, god willing. As town does not have a general consensus going I will unvote so scum cannot hop on any bandwagon. If we're still going when I'm back I'll look over posts and post my reads. Feel like the posting of reads with reasons does seem the most helpful for town so I'll follow suit. Otherwise farewell bitches I'm taking a very needed break.

UNVOTE

Fusi is a fucking legend for this, I will vote for myself if he tells me to :lol:

OK, raigan, you on the other hand, why me? Cause I didn't immediately respond to you?

I am going to now post a full appraisal of everyone without reading the thread, see who I miss cause they are probably scum.

Fusi - has a post restriction/mod interaction which makes me believe he is more likely town, but this is a mod read not a fusi read.
Strike- I am still suspicious of him, I don't understand how he thinks bandwaggonning day 1 is bad, without it, the game goes nowhere. His logic makes no sense to me, so that could just be a clash of styles, or it could be that he was acting suss
Swang - Really not active enough for judgement, which is weird as swang was quite active last game
Pixar - it's now Thursday and no more info or posts, other than defending himself. The only thing that gives me pause here is when I was scum last game pixar made for an easy mislynch for us, maybe he just always reads scummy

So to summarise with the actual player list
Town reads
3. Dev
4. Loose
9. Charle
10. Rag
11. King (Replaced by Fusi)

Middle
1. Traf

Sus list
2. Pix
5. Strike
6. Swang
7. EW

Forgotten
8. Vot
13. Kong

In this case I don't actually suspect my forgotten list. Not sure how I forgot vot but he is in the middle too early to tell group. Kong town slipped before the game really began, which is kind of bad form if you are faking it.
Major pmchugh

Postby Votanic on Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:32 am

pmchugh wrote:
pmchugh wrote:

UNVOTE

So to summarise with the actual player list
Town reads
3. Dev
4. Loose
9. Charle
10. Rag
11. King (Replaced by Fusi)

Middle
1. Traf

Sus list
2. Pix
5. Strike
6. Swang
7. EW

Forgotten
8. Vot
13. Kong

In this case I don't actually suspect my forgotten list. Not sure how I forgot vot but he is in the middle too early to tell group. Kong town slipped before the game really began, which is kind of bad form if you are faking it.

What the hell is all this?
This just comes off as queasy, unsubstantiated manipulation.
Now some might say I'm only looking at PMC askance because of his recent history as victorious scum... but I don't think so.

There is no evidence that Fusi has a post restriction. Where did that come from??
What Fusi has is a case of [i]extreme silence, to the point where it is becoming extremely suspicious...[/i]
He needs to get over here and post something. He can start by explaining his silence.
Yes, swang and Traf are also being too quiet. They're missing all the fun!
The latter even gave a RL excuse... but no there's rule that says scum can't be busy... or lie about being busy.
...but somehow, PMC can deduce from all this quiet absence that Fusi is townish, swang is scummish, and traf is uniquely middle-of-the road. Please...

Nor am I offended at being 'forgotten'. That's actually a refreshing change-of-pace, if sincere.
But since PMC also just tried to subliminally equate being forgotten with being scum, I'm kinda doubting his sincerity.
I mean, seriously, stop for a moment and think about the logic what PMC just wrote:[/b][/i] Somehow his forgetting to read somebody is to be treated as a scum-tell.... what??

Hmm, I seem to be independently arriving at the same scummy/off list as Ragian: PMC and LC.
Even though this is my third game with LC his M.O. (if any) remains an enigma, The fact that he was third party and died early in the last two games might explain that.

Most of the others are behaving more-or-less typically, but I don't consider such typicality to be either a scum or town read.
Ragian is doing his usual 'direct, probing' questions.
EW is giving vague reads and comments.
Pixar is still kinda 'phoning it in'...
Devante is still acting like a wide-eyed noob... and by his third game, it could really be an act.
Charle is exuding disarming friendliness... Last game showed me he can/will do the same even as scum.
strike is doing his bossy, take-charge act... behavior not totally disimilar to that of PMC, tbh.

And as for... the Forgotten,
Votanic is, as always, trying his best to sift through vast dunes of deceit and disfunction with something that might pass as reasoning. No, it doesn't always work...
and Kong, the dreaded newcomer, be he noob, or not...
Unknown players are not to be trusted. They have a have a tragic history of showing up and leaving epic amounts ofchaotic disaster in their wake.
PMC was that newcomer last game, and just look what happend.
And don't even mention Thor60, I still have PTSD about the way he played.
Yes, I suppose I was that newcomer four games ago as The Thing... even though I had played Mafia before, but not like this... no, not like this.
Captain Votanic

Postby *Pixar* on Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:57 am

Yeah, I don't see anything about a mod/fusi interaction other than fusi replacing king early in game. For that and the fact that one claim wouldn't hurt before days end.

Vote PMC

Also note last game (Beyond the Walls) we ended day 1 with no lynch and town lost so starting to think no lynch isn't the "Greatest".
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby *Pixar* on Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:57 am

oops sorry forgot to

Unvote

Vote PMC
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Charle on Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:43 am

*Pixar* wrote:Yeah, I don't see anything about a mod/fusi interaction other than fusi replacing king early in game. For that and the fact that one claim wouldn't hurt before days end.

Vote PMC

Also note last game (Beyond the Walls) we ended day 1 with no lynch and town lost so starting to think no lynch isn't the "Greatest".

The only reason town lost in the last game was because scum were so damn good!!

I don't think we should lynch good experienced players from who we can learn and get good summaries on D1, unless they come forward as really very scummy for a specific reason. Let our cop or seer investigate them rather at first, it can be a huge loss for town if we miss lynch a good experienced player specially in the beginning of the game.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby *Pixar* on Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:14 am

Charle wrote:
*Pixar* wrote:Yeah, I don't see anything about a mod/fusi interaction other than fusi replacing king early in game. For that and the fact that one claim wouldn't hurt before days end.

Vote PMC

The only reason town lost in the last game was because scum were so damn good!!

I don't think we should lynch good experienced players from who we can learn and get good summaries on D1, unless they come forward as really very scummy for a specific reason. Let our cop or seer investigate them rather at first, it can be a huge loss for town if we miss lynch a good experienced player specially in the beginning of the game.

True but I don't think we should go into Day2 without at least one claim. Doing that is a wasted day to me.
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games