Conquer Club

Soaps Role Madness! Night 3

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Day 1

Postby Devante on Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:58 am

I'm back now. I'll have to catch up on posts then will post my thoughts later today
Major Devante

Postby kongming3 on Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:23 am

No problem with maintaining a healthy bit of skepticism about me and/or others, but the offer to claim is genuine. I have some ideas on why it might be beneficial long-term as well as potentially short, and I don't mind testing the waters a bit and seeing what we get from it. Okay with forcing an additional claim out of someone else in conjunction with it, or leaning into me and giving some real bite to it so we can actually see how people react and try to vote when push comes to shove.
Major kongming3

Postby kongming3 on Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:35 am

I am still "noobish" for sure, and still trying to adapt to people here and what seems to be the common patterns of play, but I would like to note that I obviously have knowledge here of myself and my role that others don't and why it might be favourable. I'm not trying to play the pig to eat the tiger, I genuinely believe doing this opens up some beneficial opportunities to town even if it might seem to go against commonly accepted practices of play.
Major kongming3

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:44 pm

Kong is just obvtown
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Ragian on Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:11 am

@Kong, the thing is that you only - supposing you're town - know your role. While it might seem logical to claim, looking at your role in a vacuum, you don't know if other roles - perhaps scum roles - are there to balance out the benefits of you claiming.

Moreover, one shouldn't claim without pressure as it more or less hijacks the game from town who are trying to establish patterns based in votes and interactions (despite some players lack of interest in such progress).

I.e. Don't claim.
Captain Ragian

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:27 am

Kong: Are you trying to Out Loose Cannon Loose Cannon?
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby Ragian on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:56 am

Nothing is happening here. We will go into N1 with no information apart from Son!c's role :roll:
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:59 am

What are we? 3 on PMC, 3 on Loose, and 2 on Pix?
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 am

Voting List of Lynchers

(2) Pix - PMC, Loose
(3) Pmc - Ragoo, Pix, Swang
(2) EW - Charle, Kong
(2) Loose - EW, Strike

With 13 alive, it takes 7 for a lynch!

12 hours remain
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 pm

Ragian wrote:Nothing is happening here. We will go into N1 with no information apart from Son!c's role :roll:

Which is part of my argument why some (non Vanilla) claim by Town might be advantageous to Town D1.

Lets say Town is divided;

1. Powerful roles
2. Roles with limited power (not Vanilla but probably not much of one)
3. Vanilla roles

A claim by one 2 player would give Town someone to coalesce around, but still leave Scum with as equal a probability of night actions hitting 3. Vanilla as 1. Power
(I find it hard to believe that Scum would offer a Day1 false claim for nothing - although I do now wonder if Kongs apparent offer is a scum bluff)
(Kong could be Noob, Noobish as he says, or somewhere approaching International Grandmaster - for now I do take him at his word as Noobish. But as for whether he is Town, Scum or 3P , I now have no inkling)

As things stand I find it hard to believe any Town player has gained anything from D1.

Its something to discuss in a future game perhaps.

I too don't want to see Kong make a claim D1 now though - it is too late in the day for there to be any advantage to Town, if anyone agrees with my contention at all.
Major Loose Canon

Postby Votanic on Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:04 pm

Loose Canon wrote:
Ragian wrote:Nothing is happening here. We will go into N1 with no information apart from Son!c's role :roll:

Which is part of my argument why some (non Vanilla) claim by Town might be advantageous to Town D1.

Lets say Town is divided;

1. Powerful roles
2. Roles with limited power (not Vanilla but probably not much of one)
3. Vanilla roles

A claim by one 2 player would give Town someone to coalesce around, but still leave Scum with as equal a probability of night actions hitting 3. Vanilla as 1. Power
(I find it hard to believe that Scum would offer a Day1 false claim for nothing - although I do now wonder if Kongs apparent offer is a scum bluff)
(Kong could be Noob, Noobish as he says, or somewhere approaching International Grandmaster - for now I do take him at his word as Noobish. But as for whether he is Town, Scum or 3P , I now have no inkling)

As things stand I find it hard to believe any Town player has gained anything from D1.

Its something to discuss in a future game perhaps.

I too don't want to see Kong make a claim D1 now though - it is too late in the day for there to be any advantage to Town, if anyone agrees with my contention at all.

LC, the only thing you're convincing me of is Vote LC.
Captain Votanic

Postby Devante on Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:48 pm

Alright looking over posts here's a summary of my thoughts:

Traf - I know he's busy on the clan side of things but simply choosing not to bother posting D1 seems odd to me. Not sure if this is his usual game play but that alone makes him lean scum for me
Pix - I always assume Pixie is scum but not getting too many reads that way this game so far. Don't care for the posting just to defend himself but that seems to have changed in the latter posts once pointed out. neutral for now
Loose - Scum read for me. Mainly because of the coming back over and over to getting claims out. I don't see how that would benefit town at all at this point as it is just giving scum intel they don't have
Strike - leaning town. seems to be genuinely trying to be helpful although the hard defense on a couple players right outta the gate seems odd but could simply be him trying to defend who he thinks is town
Swang - leaning town. similar to strike
EW - leaning town for now but on the fence
Vot - leaning town mainly because it seems to be posting to help steer town. but experienced played so could be trying to play that MO as scum but right i don't think so.
Charle - seems to be playing similar to last game and posting that way in which he was scum so leaning scum to me right now but that might be biased from last game. too early to be sure
Rag - leaning town, not really getting any scum reads from his post
Fusi - he was busy but not really posting much initially made sense and it seems like he started participating more, lean town for now
Kong - he is new and i'm not sure of his previous mafia experience, if just new here on the site or to the game as a whole like i was. right now based on posts leaning town
Pmc - this one i'm struggling with. he is posting very different from last game where he was scum but it almost reads as trying to intentionally be very different maybe because he is scum again. based on posts i would say leaning scum

I am town again and I don't agree that anyone should be making claims until absolutely necessary right now. if needed I will but again this just seems like it would benefit scum not town at this point. I consider myself newer but having played two games now I think i have a better grasp of things, if anything my biggest weakness is not knowing all the different possible roles simply because of how many are possible and I haven't had time learning them all, that was an issue last game as new roles i didn't know about were possibly in play and kind of made a mess of things.

Right now I would say Loose is leaning scum the most followed by PMC, and a ways back Charle and Traf slightly. So I'm fairly confident out of everyone so far but any other input might change this. So:

VOTE LOOSE
Major Devante

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:49 pm

Surprising vot because from what I've seen you work best the more you have to work around. I could be right and you haven't figured what is best for your existing strengths yet?
Major Loose Canon

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:33 pm

DDS Kong didn't unvote me before he voted EW so technically I'm on 5 now aren't I?
Major Loose Canon

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:36 pm

Going by vote count. You are at 4.

I don't know if I have anything more to say at this point. There's no way to push through a lynch and even if we did it would be too rushed and not as beneficial. My reads also haven't changed much since I last laid out my thoughts.

I don't think I quite followed Loose's logic in his breakdown post. If a strong power role came out then mafia would do what they can to stop it from being effective whether through finding a way to kill them or derailing their actions. You also seem to be assuming equal numbers of each type of townie which almost never holds true.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Votanic on Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:10 pm

Loose Canon wrote:Surprising vot because from what I've seen you work best the more you have to work around. I could be right and you haven't figured what is best for your existing strengths yet?
Huh?
Captain Votanic

Soaps Role Madness! Night 1

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:47 pm

Welp, ladies and gents, gonna pull a bastardely move here but since no consensus was reached, and the votes are everywhere anyways with 15 minutes remaining, pulling the plug on D1. No lynch! Its officially N1. Send thy actions.

Given the amount of roles, I'm giving it 72 hours instead of the usual 48.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Night 1

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:55 pm

N1 is being increased one more day. Dega replaces EW
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Votanic on Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:16 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:N1 is being increased one more day. Dega replaces EW

Gosh, EW doesn't have time for us, now that he's a big superstar over at mafiauniverse...
Captain Votanic

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:54 am

Votanic wrote:

Gosh, EW doesn't have time for us, now that he's a big superstar over at mafiauniverse...

Unfortunately not. I would have loved to keep playing this game but circumstances decided I was unable to.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Votanic on Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:49 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
Votanic wrote:

Unfortunately not. I would have loved to keep playing this game but circumstances decided I was unable to.

?!?!
Captain Votanic

Soaps Role Madness! Day 2!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:33 am

Day 2 is now here! There's been heinous crimes committed against the good people of CC!

Rag has been shot! The poor man was only an Arson!

But wait! Over there! Charle has been repeatedly stabbed! Why God?! WHY! Tracker is no more.

Day 2 is now here! Go forth and avenge... well Charle.
Dukasaur wrote:

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Day 2

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:47 am

Heyssss youz...whyd *hic* whyd yu ummm stab Charle?

Well, two deaths is shurtainly intereshing and Ragoo being a umm arshonish makes it even more. Mafia plus Sk? Mafia + Vig? Sk+vig?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:05 am

Rag-Arson was third party? I guess so cause its on Orange.

Damn Tracker was a good role for town.

How many of us are left? 11? I think there is at least 3 scums among us. Reg was shot while Charle was stabbed. repeatedly stabbed sounds like mafia, while maybe shot its vig.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:14 am

Woopsies.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 for a lynch!
Dukasaur wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games