Conquer Club

Soaps Role Madness! Town Wins!

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Day 2

Postby Votanic on Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:01 am

pmchugh wrote:You missed his claim because you don't pay attention to what others say and think on it, you just assert things in a one way monologue. Not sure if this is just how you play or because you don't need to pay attention because you aren't trying to catch mafia as part of them.

No.
LC only saying he was a fall guy (uncapitalized) without even using the word claim in the same sentence was a totally cryptic claim to the point of being subliminal.
It is common a expression for people to say sombody is a fall guy, while the mafia role of the same name is an especially obscure one (...and rightfully so).

PMC, the fact that you first identified LC's almost mumbled sentence as a claim and then immediately jumped in to try to explain and make (stilted) sense of the ridiculous role, staggers belief. You're a good player but methinks you just fugazied yourself royally this time.
Captain Votanic

Postby pmchugh on Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 am

strike wolf wrote:Uggh. Ive got a headache and youre all being WAY TOO LOUD! Can someone get me a f***ing coffee?

So Fall Guy isn't a role I think I've ever played with before. I don't think not telling him would necessarily be bastardish, it just depends on the game and how it's balanced. Closest roles I can compare it to are Miller and Innocent Mafia (may not be the exact name). The Miller role is a weaker version of the Fall Guy where they would flip mafia on investigation but town after they were killed. Mafia also usually didn't know about the Miller. Whether the Miller knew they were a Miller usually depended on the game.

An innocent mafia is kind of an inverse Fall guy. They're a mafia that appears town on investigation. Key difference between an innocent mafia and a Godfather is that they would know who mafia are but mafia would not know about them.

Scenario 1: LC is telling the truth.

Hiding the Fall Guy role would be kind of weird in a presumably non-vanilla game if it's his only power. So him knowing he's the Fall Guy could make sense. It also lines up with his statements about Vot telling the truth despite the guilty result. From a balance perspective with an arsonist, a PGO and a Fall Guy in the mix, mafia would probably be pretty weak. Either reduced numbers or weaker roles. If mafia has normal numbers (3) for this size game though and we lynch LC then we could be a MYLO situation tomorrow and not even be able to prove it. (Lynch LC (10), mafia and other killer each get a kill (8), we lynch a townie (7) and then any townie death would give mafia the win).

Scenario B: LC is lying

Him lying fits with his hesitancy to claim. It also seems a bit easier to believe than trying to get a balance with a PGO, an arsonist and a Fall Guy in the mix.

Or maybe I just need some beer to keep me from over thinking this whole balance thing in a role Madness game.

PMC's behavior perplexes me a bit. If PMC is town then he has no reason to sound as confident that LC is telling the truth as he does unless he knows something about LC that the rest of us don't. However, I also can't see scum PMC defending a scumbuddy this hard and it seems even harder to believe that Scum PMC would defend a Fall Guy this hard. It would all but guarantee he'd be lynched the following day.

In short, you are all giving me a headache. Don't wake me up until the sun is down or someone fetches me another beer.

I feel like you are deliberately over stating my confidence levels.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:42 am

I am actually going to town read vot. If LC is really mafia, he is a legitimate cop. If LC is really a fall guy, and mafia know he is, surely vot doesn't miss his claim?
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:02 am

Voting voters of votes!
(4) Loose - Dev, Dega, FUSI, Vot

With 11 alive it takes 6 for a lynch!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby *Pixar* on Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:47 am

I'm going to go ahead and say I don't believe LC. For today goes it's as good as a lead we will get, unless we get another claim out of someone.

Vote LC
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 am

Just bear in mind the message I received from DDS notifying me of my role was pretty basic.

Vot, I accept you and others are very sceptical about me. I have to live with that. I'm going to have to be circumspect with you if we both survive into D3 because I think you are town but not sure.

I'm sorry though you are sounding a bit like a 1 trick pony. I'm reading this as more tunnel vision than Sus for you.

Please just bear in mind that if not with me there will be other players you are throwing some suss at, who you will have to work with D3 onwards if town is to bring this home. And the players you will end up needing to work with may not necessarily be the players who are in team vot at the moment.
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 am

Really wish I had the ghost role instead.

There's a handful of players I'd haunt spooky time till the end of this game.
Major Loose Canon

Postby kongming3 on Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 am

Vote LC
Major kongming3

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:35 am

*Pixar* wrote:I'm going to go ahead and say I don't believe LC. For today goes it's as good as a lead we will get, unless we get another claim out of someone.

Vote LC

It's not likely there will be another claim the way my one is being handled! Just saying...
Major Loose Canon

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:01 am

Can Is jush ask effryone to not hammer yesh? I Douth Dev's unvote contest in tha format and I have shum stuff I'd like to shay that might take me a bit to write up.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:08 am

Why the rush. There is no deadline yet. We might be able to get some more info today. I think vot has no reasons to lie so probable Cop. Perhaps some townies know what to do with their roles and items. or do we need to say?

And LC fall was smart, but if we dont have any new info. then we lynch him. but I just say no rush.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 am

Actually KONG should make his claim now.
fos.
Major Loose Canon

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:11 am

Ugh I'm not sure if we already reached the 6 votes
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:13 am

So before the days ends. Protections roles on Vot. And also what a good idea if u have an item that would work on daytime that you can pass to vot.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:55 am

Fair enough if 6 votes reached - as there has been a post I feel free to post too before I die.

Its not the worst thing in the world if I'm lynched.

Timing could have been better.

Kongs late offer to claim D1 is most suss to me - it was at the least a mistimed offer at least in terms of coordinating with my considerations of claiming D1 - I've been thinking an offer of a claim he didn't expect to be taken up - as is how experienced he is of course too.

And assumptions based on my reveal - well I've already said enough about that.
Major Loose Canon

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 pm

pmchugh wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Uggh. Ive got a headache and youre all being WAY TOO LOUD! Can someone get me a f***ing coffee?

So Fall Guy isn't a role I think I've ever played with before. I don't think not telling him would necessarily be bastardish, it just depends on the game and how it's balanced. Closest roles I can compare it to are Miller and Innocent Mafia (may not be the exact name). The Miller role is a weaker version of the Fall Guy where they would flip mafia on investigation but town after they were killed. Mafia also usually didn't know about the Miller. Whether the Miller knew they were a Miller usually depended on the game.

An innocent mafia is kind of an inverse Fall guy. They're a mafia that appears town on investigation. Key difference between an innocent mafia and a Godfather is that they would know who mafia are but mafia would not know about them.

Scenario 1: LC is telling the truth.

Hiding the Fall Guy role would be kind of weird in a presumably non-vanilla game if it's his only power. So him knowing he's the Fall Guy could make sense. It also lines up with his statements about Vot telling the truth despite the guilty result. From a balance perspective with an arsonist, a PGO and a Fall Guy in the mix, mafia would probably be pretty weak. Either reduced numbers or weaker roles. If mafia has normal numbers (3) for this size game though and we lynch LC then we could be a MYLO situation tomorrow and not even be able to prove it. (Lynch LC (10), mafia and other killer each get a kill (8), we lynch a townie (7) and then any townie death would give mafia the win).

Scenario B: LC is lying

Him lying fits with his hesitancy to claim. It also seems a bit easier to believe than trying to get a balance with a PGO, an arsonist and a Fall Guy in the mix.

Or maybe I just need some beer to keep me from over thinking this whole balance thing in a role Madness game.

PMC's behavior perplexes me a bit. If PMC is town then he has no reason to sound as confident that LC is telling the truth as he does unless he knows something about LC that the rest of us don't. However, I also can't see scum PMC defending a scumbuddy this hard and it seems even harder to believe that Scum PMC would defend a Fall Guy this hard. It would all but guarantee he'd be lynched the following day.

In short, you are all giving me a headache. Don't wake me up until the sun is down or someone fetches me another beer.

I feel like you are deliberately over stating my confidence levels.

Well, *hic* in yer first two posts after LC's claim, you shtated that you believed him and used that to paint a picture where me and Dega are scum. It'sh only affer people were all calling you out Fer it that you back off shum and start talking about yer douths. Maybe I'm jush seein double but that seems a bit two headed to me. Alsho, vot is right that it has felt like LC has been following yer lead. First with his EW vote D1 and then wif the whole wait for these playersh to show up and then claim affer ya tell him tooo.

Tha part that I have a hard time wrapping my head around ish why you would defend LC as hard as you did. It has me thinking you were town eay 1 but it All I can figure is that either you are tunneling or you knew people were going to associate you two anyways and tried to double down and sow confusion with your theory about Dega and me. Tunneling doesn't explain why LC seems to also be linking himself with you.

List:

Scum:

1. LC-Cop verdict and I don't find the fall guy claim thst believable.

Lean scum:

1. PMC-hes linked with LC.

Neutralish-

1. Dega-Hes said some things that peaked my interest. On opposite ends from LC and PMC. Might mean he's town. Could mean that PMC and LC decided to hard steer away from him so that he'd appear town.
2. *Pix*- a little aloof but mostly playing within his M.O. don't know if I trust him but he has no hard connections as of yet. More likely 3rd party than mafia.
3. Fusi-Generally like what he's said but has still been quieter than normal

Lean town
1. Dev-seems legitimately curious about the game. No strong connections with other players.
2. Swang-if PmC is scum then Swang is almost certainly town. He was one of the first to call BS on PMC and has generally been more active than he was in the game he was scum.
3. Kong-Seems town but his analysis earlier was pretty good for someone supposedly new. So I've moved him down to leans town.
4. Traf-doeant act like third party and doesn't appear connected with anyone.

Town

1. Me
2. Vot-the only way I see him being scum is if LC is the Fall Guy and mafia was given Cop as a fake claim which would IMO be bastard modding.

I don't think we've reached the 6 votes. Vot was already on LC before he unvoted and voted and I believe Pix was #5. 4 if DDS counts Devantes unvote.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Night 2

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 pm

Silly drunk, Bold votes are required but I'm gonna allow it
(Looking at you Kong and Dev.)

So you stick bastards wanted to kill Loose eh? Based on Vots gibber jabber?! So be it
!

Loose Cannon
show
has been lynched!

Night 2 has begun! Send me thy actions in 72 hours.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Soaps Role Madness! Day 3

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:33 pm

Oh boy, what a night. Some of you didn't make it.
To those of you who have passed on, I'll miss you. <3

So where's Strike? Hello? HALLO?!

Strike - ??? Was killed by someone really squeaky clean

But wait! Over there! No... NOT HIM! NOT MAH BOI!

FUSI - Town Doc, the hero of every game

With 9 alive it takes 5 for a lynch!
Dukasaur wrote:

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Night 2

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm

f*ck the Town Doc. So i hope Town played the cards right this night. I think we might have something going.

First of Vot did u have a read on anyone?
General TrafalgarLaw01

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Day 3

Postby kongming3 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:50 pm

Don't understand what happened with strike - is he still alive? And yes, we need Vot's reads asap now that Town Doc is dead.
Major kongming3

Postby Devante on Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:01 pm

I don't understand the squeaky clean part either unless that's just DDS adding some flair to his post. Losing the town Doc sucks but at least Vot is still alive. Would the Doc have died protecting our cop from a scum attack?
Major Devante

Postby strike wolf on Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:15 pm

:cry:

Cadet strike wolf

Postby *Pixar* on Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:50 pm

Devante wrote:I don't understand the squeaky clean part either unless that's just DDS adding some flair to his post. Losing the town Doc sucks but at least Vot is still alive. Would the Doc have died protecting our cop from a scum attack?

If that is the case I have something to add to this.
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby *Pixar* on Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 pm

Knowing fusi was somewhat on most peoples scum list. I dont see how scum knew he was town doc, am I wrong?
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games