Conquer Club

EW's Semi-Open Matrix Madness

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: EW's Semi-Open Matrix Madness

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 17, 2024 4:17 am

This is kangaroo court!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Ragian on Fri May 17, 2024 4:23 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Best i can do is sex on the beach.

This better not be a drink.
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 17, 2024 5:30 am

Ragian wrote:

Don't knock it till you try it
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri May 17, 2024 6:17 am

Extreme Ways wrote:Official vote count
Votecount:
Swang (5) - fusi, kongming, charle, devante, votanic
No Lynch (4) - kingm, , Pixar, Traf, DDS
DDS (3) - Max, Ragian, pmc
Devante (2) - Strike, Swang
Votanic (1) - Loose

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

if this is wrong I blame the unofficial one I based it off.

Will prod swang.

If this fix is wrong I blame ragian not catching all mistakes
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Loose Canon on Fri May 17, 2024 6:33 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:This is kangaroo court!

Don't tell me - it's made from joey milk right?

Are you doing a 2 for 1 offer on it?
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 17, 2024 6:45 am

The drink or the roo?
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Ragian on Fri May 17, 2024 6:46 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
Ragian wrote:

Don't knock it till you try it

I was making a sex joke...
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 17, 2024 7:37 am

Same here!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby pmchugh on Fri May 17, 2024 8:31 am

Nuce we have a strong lynch candidate. Given the number of votes and the time dealdine; Swang I think its claim time if you do have a role. Otherwise get in and defend yourself, give us a list of suspects etc.

In the wilds game you didn't defend yourself as town, please don't do that here, come and have a go.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby fusibaseball on Fri May 17, 2024 10:34 am

I've been following the thread and haven't have too much to add. Just to follow up on my long post from earlier with clearer thoughts on my arguments:

We have a lot of Vanillas this game (#VanillaLivesMatter). In these cases, if you're voting for someone, you should be legitimately interested in lynching said person. They can just claim Vanilla and then just "pressure" doesn't really accomplish much.

In games where everyone has a power role, I feel bandwagons and forcing out claims is more useful in comparison, especially really early like Day 1 or 2, because you force a Scum to follow the same thread throughout the entire game. Oftentimes discrepancies will arise by the time you reach final 5 or whatever and you can weed out whose story hasn't really added up through all the night results.

------------------------

Regarding the PMC lynch contract with the groups, I guess you could put me on a Selective Lynchers list. There's about half the group I would not be interested in lynching anytime soon because I'm fairly sure they're town. PMC and LC are at the top of my list for Town because they contribute independent, objective thoughts to how they're approaching this Matrix setup. That to me is the hallmark of Towniness...being investigative. It's similar to my thoughts on Sonic for many games before this...I PERSONALLY just have a hard time believing a Mafia player would write so much and in all that text never say something self-incriminating. Sure enough, he was Town pretty much every game even though he was constantly FOS'ed. I see the same thing happening to PMC and LC here. I'd like to see an actual Scum take the time to come up with a plan as elaborate as LC's just for the sake of "looking Town". I don't care if I get FOS'ed for writing my own thoughts...people seem to love doing that. I'm usually on the right track which is part of why I get chronically night killed early.

-----------------------

I see a lot of people have jumped on my Swang train, so the question is, am I legitimately interested in lynching Swang? I assume he'll just claim Vanilla if he's scum, as any PR will just be counterclaimed and a 1:1 trade town for Scum at this stage is always worth. I am, for a few reasons people seem to be missing since I initially voted, primarily relating to the intel it generates:

1) If Swang is Scum, myself, Kong, and Vot should be virtually confirmed Townies for people actively reading the thread. No way would fellows Scums A) start the vote against him when he had no prior heat (myself), B) actively jump on a bandwagon with no supporting evidence (Kong), or C) strongly agree with my argument within 24 hours and later join the vote (Vot). That's a huge amount of intel that can weed out a lot of Townies and wasted time and votes to help hone targets.
2) If Swang is Scum, I feel Max is probably Scum as well, and my plan has been to go after him Day 2 should my Swang vote happen to materialize. I think within 5 minutes of me posting, Max just said "FOS Fusi" when all I was doing was sharing my thoughts on the Matrix and he seemed to have zero interest in giving Swang any attention. That to me was pretty noticeable.
3) If Swang is Scum, Dev is virtually confirmed Townie because Swang's brief attention to the game resulted in him voting for Dev. I don't think Scum votes for Scum Day 1 under all but the most extreme circumstances, of which this is not
4) If Swang is Town, later vote bandwagoners become slightly incriminated for me, as I think Scum would probably send 1 (maybe 2) people from their group out to the vote and leave the others in reserves. So if 8 people end up voting for him, I'd say there's almost certainly 1 Scum (maybe 2) in the last 4 or 5 voters, while the rest of Scum likely did not participate in the vote. I hesitate to say that, because legitimate Townies should be interesting in joining the vote considering the above reasoning and I don't want to scare people off, but it's an important thought that I feel should be shared
Conqueror fusibaseball

Postby Loose Canon on Fri May 17, 2024 12:28 pm

I really like fusis post above. Doesn't mean it couldn't have been posted by mafia.
I do really like the post though.
Major Loose Canon

Postby Loose Canon on Fri May 17, 2024 12:33 pm

Swang with 5 votes and deadline approaching there is a reasonable chance you will be lynched.

Could be you are town.

If you had to call someone out as being most likely scum right now who would that be?

Could be if you are mislynched town today, we decide to lynch play you are most suss about tomorrow.
Major Loose Canon

Postby swang918 on Fri May 17, 2024 1:57 pm

Alright guys, ill catch up and then post some reads if i got them. Might take a day or two though.
Major swang918

Postby Ragian on Fri May 17, 2024 3:35 pm

@Fusi, why are you not incriminated if Swang is town and we were to lynch him? Why only people jumping on later? Since scum know who is town, they could start a wagon in order to get a lynch (and look townie by being early on the train) or to direct attention away from another target.
Captain Ragian

Postby pmchugh on Fri May 17, 2024 4:14 pm

I would be most sus of like dev/vot/dds if swang is town.
Major pmchugh

Postby strike wolf on Fri May 17, 2024 8:03 pm

Ragian wrote:@Fusi, why are you not incriminated if Swang is town and we were to lynch him? Why only people jumping on later? Since scum know who is town, they could start a wagon in order to get a lynch (and look townie by being early on the train) or to direct attention away from another target.

That is interesting. Only suggesting one option could suggest Fusi already knows that Swang is going go flip scum. It's a bit flimsy but still a good catch Ragian.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Votanic on Fri May 17, 2024 8:16 pm

strike wolf wrote:
Ragian wrote:@Fusi, why are you not incriminated if Swang is town and we were to lynch him? Why only people jumping on later? Since scum know who is town, they could start a wagon in order to get a lynch (and look townie by being early on the train) or to direct attention away from another target.

That is interesting. Only suggesting one option could suggest Fusi already knows that Swang is going go flip scum. It's a bit flimsy but still a good catch Ragian.

Or!... does strike already know that swang will flip scum and he's trying to frame that scummy knowledge onto fusi?!

as for me, I don't know anything :cry: ... but it sure would be nice.
Captain Votanic

Postby Ragian on Sat May 18, 2024 2:13 am

Votanic wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Or!... does strike already know that swang will flip scum and he's trying to frame that scummy knowledge onto fusi?!

as for me, I don't know anything :cry: ... but it sure would be nice.

I was talking about Swang flipping town. I wonder if that was a Freudian scumslip on Strike's part :D
Captain Ragian

Postby strike wolf on Sat May 18, 2024 7:02 am

Blah. Was going too fast trying to catch up with the thread and misread Fusi's post and Ragians response. Should have gone back and double checked before posting.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Loose Canon on Sat May 18, 2024 7:37 am

For D2 voting strategy I'm going to suggest the following;

Put 2 players up for lynch vote and once those players are up we just lynch one or the other IF (until) Night Actions Do NOT (do) reveal a firm lynchee

First player to get 3 Votes D2 is the first candidate for lynching (could be the player Swang reveals he is most suss of)
The First candidate for lynching chooses the Second lynchee candidate.

Would make it a straight duke out between 2 players, could have later advantages, there's already been a lot of suspicions thrown around D1 already, mafia manipulation of votes is a possibility/probability whether we did this or not.

Does anyone want to argue this is a bad idea, or suggest something better?
Major Loose Canon

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat May 18, 2024 10:51 am

pmchugh wrote:I would be most sus of like dev/vot/dds if swang is town.

This is confusing. I've been against lynching swang for his activity earlier. How do you exactly tie me in of he's town?
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat May 18, 2024 10:52 am

If anything, if he flips scum, that looks incredibly bad on my end.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby pmchugh on Sat May 18, 2024 1:27 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:

This is confusing. I've been against lynching swang for his activity earlier. How do you exactly tie me in of he's town?

The momentum on swang built right after i voted for you. Before then, didn't seem like we had a good target.
Major pmchugh

Postby swang918 on Sat May 18, 2024 2:46 pm

Ok so. None of us have anything solid to go on, except vibes, so here are some weak vibe based reads.

I think if devante gets lynched and flips scum at some point, I would look at the more prolific posters since then. I can see a situation where dev makes his slip up, then the other scum try to drown it out with volume posting. While calling out me and other less active D1 guys for posting less. If so, it is working because we are not really talking about dev any more are we? It is all swang on the hot seat now.

And by volume guys, basically I mean vot, who it just seems to me to be posting more than even his usual. And I don't recall vot going after inactives this hard in previous games. And also fusi, who I also don't remember as going hard after inactives, either as scum or town. So I feel like there is a reason it is happening here.

Contrast fusi and vot with, say Ragian, who always doesn't like inactives, and pmc, who was a big proponent of volume posting on D1 as town.

So basically I agree w this, except for dds. Now I ask pmc, why do you suspect vot in this case?
Major swang918

Postby swang918 on Sat May 18, 2024 2:47 pm

pmchugh wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:

The momentum on swang built right after i voted for you. Before then, didn't seem like we had a good target.

DDS was always a joke wagon tho. Don't think he was ever in much danger
Major swang918

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games