Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 1]

Postby betiko on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:52 am

can we have a votecount lovo please?
Major betiko

Postby vodean on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

betiko wrote:
vodean wrote:
spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:
/ wrote:my my, defensive aren't you?
You make it sound like an either/or senario, "shut up and talk about unrelated subjects!"
And yet, you completely gloss over my actual critique, I asked, how does it help to list potential town names?
This early on day 1 this is good enough for me. Vote betiko.
this post is stupid enough for me spiesr. unvote vote spiesr. You feel like pressuring me, I think you sound like a good client with all the mod ass licking and the quick stuborn bandwagoning.
I had a specific, albeit not explicitly mentioned, goal in mind when I joined the bandwagon on you. That was to ensure to the the game quickly made the full transition to serious discussion and that we had something to talk about. As Shaggy just said, we only have four days left until the deadline. In order to achieve a "good" lynch today we need the discussion to start as soon as it can. (Especially if we want to option of pursuing someone other than the first candidate we find to remain viable.) As such I decided to move on the first halfway serious case anyone comes up with, either supporting and pushing it forward, or attacking it's maker. /'s thing on you came up first, I decided that hitting you looked more favorable than the reverse. It is of course a shit case, but you know Day 1, however it seems to be accomplishing my goal and things are starting to move forward. If you have a compelling argument for how this makes me scummy please present it as soon a possible so that we may have more things to work with. As it stands your weak OMGUSesc reaction isn't really helping you much in my view.

I dont remember exactly what i saw, and in truth, i dont fully see it any more. but it was to do with jumping on whatever BW that came along, and you also do what you are accusing me of, voting without reason -- except worse. you quote another person, jump on their BW, and give no reason.

I suspect that edoc and betiko are actually talking about a currently active game and are just trying to cover their asses. I was in matrix mafia as a VT, not 3rd party. but you all seemed rather aggressive. betiko does not ALWAYS play aggressively, however, as he seems to want us to think, just in games where he is anti-town and two currently active ones. here i'd say they are both scum or town (or 3rd party) and are trying to get on the same page. they might be masoned. FOS betiko, but i think my vote stays on spiesr

loooooooooool we are either town, scum or 3rd party! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: you blow my mind again vodean.

haha no you misread me. i mean they are either mason town, scum, or 3rd party. like they are on the same side. and dont just ignore my post.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby / on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:24 pm

new guy1 wrote:In my opinion, we should have done what Betiko was saying to do and moved on to see if there was a better case instead of arguing whether he is lynchworthy or not. If at the end of the day we have a better lead, lynch them, if at the end of the day we came up with the shit end of the stick and didnt get anything, pressure Betiko for an actual role claim. Of course I am a little bit late on this, but this is a lesson to be learned for future days to come, since unless night actions prove to be efficient and get us a lead, we will have nothing but betiko, speiser, vodean or edocsil to go on, which even though there are alot of names on that list, there is not alot of information on any of them.

Hmmm, LOVO said he is willing to give an extention for activity, there's no reason not to make a case if you have one.

Iliad make a good point regarding fakeclaims, I may continue pressure depending on the votecount.
Question to mod: did/will anyone receive fakeclaims from you this game?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby new guy1 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:32 pm

I know the mod said we could have an extension for activity, but I dont know what he considers activity. Also, I will reread if I get the time to check and see if I see other cases to go on.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Ionno about that line of questioning /, the mod isn't obligated to answer that...
Captain safariguy5

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Whew, internet is finally working again and I'm slowly catching up on my games.

As for the Bekito vs. Edoc debate, I don't really buy into either side. We have a name claim from Bekito which can be chased up by certain investigative roles or scene flavour so I'm happy to let that slide for day one (but definitely return to it tomorrow), and Edoc seems to be genuine in his apologies for bringing up old games when it may not be relevent.

vodean]I suspect that edoc and betiko are actually talking about a currently active game and are just trying to cover their asses. I was in matrix mafia as a VT, not 3rd party. but you all seemed rather aggressive. betiko does not ALWAYS play aggressively, however, as he seems to want us to think, just in games where he is anti-town and two currently active ones. here i'd say they are both scum or town (or 3rd party) and are trying to get on the same page. they might be masoned. FOS betiko, but i think my vote stays on spiesr[/quote]

What evidence do you have for your thoughts of them being on the same side? Surely if they were scum, third party together or mason'd Edoc wouldn't have pushed so hard on Bekito bringing him right into the spotlight for day one. The risk vs. reward of that play is horrible. On top of that, instead of looking at a relevent case you keep a vote on you put forward 5 pages ago with only this reason to explain it:

[quote="vodean wrote:
your earlier post stood out to me before, but now i think its enough for a vote. unvote vote spi

Which is brief, and the post in question seems to not be overly scummy to me.

[/color]Unvote and Vote Vodean[/color] for the reasons above... also add a slight level of inactivity to that list (which I'm aware is a bit hypocritical of me :P).
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Ebwop: Unvote and Vote Vodean.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Gah! Ebwop: Fixed tags. Sorry guys

Whew, internet is finally working again and I'm slowly catching up on my games.

As for the Bekito vs. Edoc debate, I don't really buy into either side. We have a name claim from Bekito which can be chased up by certain investigative roles or scene flavour so I'm happy to let that slide for day one (but definitely return to it tomorrow), and Edoc seems to be genuine in his apologies for bringing up old games when it may not be relevent.

vodean wrote:I suspect that edoc and betiko are actually talking about a currently active game and are just trying to cover their asses. I was in matrix mafia as a VT, not 3rd party. but you all seemed rather aggressive. betiko does not ALWAYS play aggressively, however, as he seems to want us to think, just in games where he is anti-town and two currently active ones. here i'd say they are both scum or town (or 3rd party) and are trying to get on the same page. they might be masoned. FOS betiko, but i think my vote stays on spiesr

What evidence do you have for your thoughts of them being on the same side? Surely if they were scum, third party together or mason'd Edoc wouldn't have pushed so hard on Bekito bringing him right into the spotlight for day one. The risk vs. reward of that play is horrible. On top of that, instead of looking at a relevent case you keep a vote on you put forward 5 pages ago with only this reason to explain it:

vodean wrote:your earlier post stood out to me before, but now i think its enough for a vote. unvote vote spi

Which is brief, and the post in question seems to not be overly scummy to me.

Unvote and Vote Vodean for the reasons above... also add a slight level of inactivity to that list (which I'm aware is a bit hypocritical of me :P).
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Vote Count 1.4

new guy1 (1)- Nagerous
ShaggyDan (1)- ghostly447
Vodean(2)- Mr. Squirrel, ShaggyDan
Nendreel (1)- cm5
cm5 (1)- jonty125
betiko (5)- spiesr, edocsil, Illiad, safariguy5, jak111
spiesr (1)- Vodean
edocsil (1)- betiko

Not Voting (8)- , LSU Josh, Nendreel, strike wolf, gillipig, gregwolf121, new guy1, /, DRoZ

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is currently which is in just under 20 minutes
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Night 1]

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Day 1 in Arkham. Proved confusing. The criminals freedom confused them. Was batman really there. They tried to corner betiko....Forcing him to tell them what he knew of the bats. But he kept yelling I am Bane. I'm with you guys. Some believed him. Some didn't. Either way no one could come to an agreement. And no one was sent away from Arkham and the power of being in charge of this city. And batman remained in the shadows...waiting to pounce.

No Lynch

You have 54 hours to send night actions to me. Please ensure they have batman in the title (to get through pm filters)

In other news. I will consider extending day 2 deadlines. Day 1 I find extending deadlines is silly. At this time I am looking at a day of 10 days....Thoughts???

Also not sure if youre aware. But in the op is link to all important scenes/vote counts. Could be handy ;)

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:21 am

I'm in favor of extending the deadline to 10 days. Maybe shorten it when more people die and the game is smaller.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:46 am

I actually kinda thought we had enough activity to maybe get a reconsideration. Should have spoken up earlier. Was going to but then the deadline hit.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:52 am

40 mins ish for actions...get them in if you havent

Postby betiko on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:56 am

lord voldemort wrote:40 mins ish for actions...get them in if you havent

i guess they are over? ;)
Major betiko

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:21 am

betiko wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:40 mins ish for actions...get them in if you havent

i guess they are over? ;)

Yes well no. I'm extending this another 20 hours. I'm super tired and need sleep. And have to work tomorrow so I shall wait until then. I think the weekend is difficult for all.
So if we go 7pm gmt +9.30. Which is just over 20 hours away.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2]

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:13 am

TYGER operatives were starting to hear rumours...whispers were getting around the streets of Arkham.
"Did you hear?? The Batman is inside here with us"
"I'm gonna kill him"- an optimistic guard said.
Hours later he was found hanging from the ceiling with batarangs lying on the floor nearby. Batman was trying to track down Strange. The mastermind of why he was in their. As well as keeping Gothams scum from becoming organised and truly unleashing terror onto the civillians.
As sunlight hit the criminals gathered waiting for Strange to give instructions. He never arrived.
safariguy5 - Hugo Strange (Doctor) is dead.

It is now Day 2. You currently do not have a deadline. However it will be no sooner than 10 days. If i feel it to be longer I will make it so.

With 20 alive it still takes 11 to lynch.

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:51 am

safariguy5 wrote:I suppose I have to be...flattered you guys are still talking about my game. For the record, pmc was recruited by cult, so you all knew who cult was. At that point, with mafia seriously diminished, third party just had to see which side between town and cult was going to win.

But that's beside the point.

What I find exceedingly curious is that you guys are bringing in a full discussion of an archived game that really has no bearing on this game. Not only are you guys overanalyzing the meta on a pretty old game (I consider anything that get's moved to archive old), but other people are actually trying to use it build cases on one of you two. Really??!!! I personally reference older games if I see similarities, but I wouldn't use meta reasons based solely on an old game to construct an entire case.

FOS edoc for arguing with betiko about it.
unvote vote betiko for bringing it up in the first case and then trying to redirect pressure onto edoc using an alignment argument.
IGMEOY strike for seriously buying into it.

hum why would they go for him? here is his last post with content. I think that mafia is well aware that I'm the town's number 1 target after day 1 and didn't go for me also for what I kind of softclaimed telling that I didn't fear what could scum do during the night. If I'm pressured today I don't mind revealing my role anymore I see I have to change strategy now with our doc killed.
Major betiko

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2] Dr. Strange is gone

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:30 am

Well damn. I'm kind of hoping that reference to seeing Batman was more than just flavor but I'm not holding my breath.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:56 am

betiko wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I suppose I have to be...flattered you guys are still talking about my game. For the record, pmc was recruited by cult, so you all knew who cult was. At that point, with mafia seriously diminished, third party just had to see which side between town and cult was going to win.

What I find exceedingly curious is that you guys are bringing in a full discussion of an archived game that really has no bearing on this game. Not only are you guys overanalyzing the meta on a pretty old game (I consider anything that get's moved to archive old), but other people are actually trying to use it build cases on one of you two. Really??!!! I personally reference older games if I see similarities, but I wouldn't use meta reasons based solely on an old game to construct an entire case.

unvote vote betiko for bringing it up in the first case and then trying to redirect pressure onto edoc using an alignment argument.

hum why would they go for him? here is his last post with content. I think that mafia is well aware that I'm the town's number 1 target after day 1 and didn't go for me also for what I kind of softclaimed telling that I didn't fear what could scum do during the night. If I'm pressured today I don't mind revealing my role anymore I see I have to change strategy now with our doc killed.

Safariguy is a pretty experienced player. I've played in many scum groups in the past who will target him (or others) for exactly that reason. Its just a shame that he had to turn up doc.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby jonty125 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 am

betiko wrote:

I would be interested to find out more about your role, but I ain't going to vote you over it.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby vodean on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:29 am

betiko wrote:

so what you are saying is that the person who pressured you is dead, and that you dont fear the mafia, and after N1 (some time to talk to your scumbuddies) you are ready to claim? hmm... seems like you must be town. and since you are town, then im going to vote for you! vote betiko
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 am

@Bekito.

Does bane have a night action?

if yes, mind telling us who you targeted?
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby nagerous on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:23 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:@Bekito.

Does bane have a night action?

if yes, mind telling us who you targeted?

Indeed
Captain nagerous

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 pm

I wont pressure betiko, but I would also like to know who he targetted, that is if he has a night action. Also, I too find it odd that after the night is over that you wouldnt mind revealing your role now. What changed besides the doc dying? I dont know of any role whose name is all of a sudden revealable if the doctor dies, so I am quite curious, although from the information you gave us yesterday I already have a couple of guesses at what it could be. As for why the mafia would target Safariguy, my best guess is that he is experienced and so they wanted him out of the picture. Him coming up as the doctor was a stroke of luck for them, and I doubt there was any more reasoning behind it then that, although there could be other reasons that I just cant think of. Anyone have any information, I hope?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:14 pm

betiko wrote:

What this says to me?
Betiko: Here everybody, I have a kill now for my death, so I will throw you another bone if you really want me to. But here, I am going to try to WIFOM this place up a bit with trying to see who would want him dead based on who he accused (which by the way includes myself with the full on VOTE. I will also jump directly into the argument of "Well...I assume your all going to pretty much crowd me with pitch forks so lets get a move on."

I dont buy it a bit. By your argument alone on showing what was last said (basically trying to show what safariguy said last...Trying to say that these people would want him dead?), and your unwillingness to say your role (when you said, and I quote "that I didn't fear what could scum do during the night". I will highlight in magenta above. So uhh, one question. Why now that the Doc is dead must you change your strategy if in fact you had nothing to fear from the mafia during the night? Does this in fact mean that you were trying to claim a bulletproof, but now must change because your only source of protection is gone? Because last I checked, we dont fix things that arent broken around here, and if you are self defendable, then you dont need a doctor to do it for you.

If you want to go by the WIFOM of "Here is what he last said", then lets go by the WIFOM of "He done tried to get me killed, Imma shoot him" and Vote Betiko on top of the other evidence above.

If I am just incorrect completely about this and going on the longest tangent of the game, please let me know where I went wrong instead of trying to argue these points. Because that would be a waste of day 2, and that doesnt do us any good if I have completely gone and screwed this up.
Cadet ghostly447

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives