Conquer Club

Epic Mafia Corruption #1 [1/8] ENDGAME: Who's the Fool now?

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Epic Mafia Corruption #1 [6/8] Day 2: One Less Sexy Thre

Postby Whatsausage on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:13 pm

I recognize that a lot of those questions have already been asked, but they haven't been answered. So I am asking again. We need these answers
Colonel Whatsausage

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:33 am

If I remember correctly, a hooker blocks night actions for that night, so presumably charm blocked mtam. That would make sense.

I agree there could be a vig, as a counter to the hooker. If town only has a cop then it would be fairly imbalanced. If there is only one other mafia I would assume they're vanilla, which means we have a third party. However, with a vig there could be three mafia and no third party, with one vanilla and another role. In my experience a killer is pretty common with a hooker, but I have no idea. I do think there are two scum left though.

I wish Neb wasn't dead, he's helpful. The fact that mtam's definitely cop is good though, since even if I don't trust him I know he's legit. HotShot seems rather pro-town. I don't like the amount of lurkers; please start commenting more.

@Whatsausage - it's all well and good posting with a load of questions for other players but you haven't really given any opinions so far which I do not like. I do agree that mtam should post who he tried to investigate though.

It doesn't mean much, but I have never encountered charm before and wouldn't risk that kind of play (firing away at each other) with someone I don't know.

Right now I want to hear from jonty and virus, and a bit more sausage. Mtam post who you investigated please.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:34 am

FP'd by bangers 'n' mash, but I'd still like your thoughts, rather than just questions.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby mtamburini on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:01 am

Are the dumb tells real? Lmao
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:49 am

mtamburini wrote:Are the dumb tells real? Lmao

Try to be more specific.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby mtamburini on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:41 am

To not know what the hooker role does. To ask silly questions like that in game to appear more town or just be really confused town.

A simple pm to the mod would've answered his question or goin to the mafia role page itself to find the information.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:32 am

mtamburini wrote:To not know what the hooker role does. To ask silly questions like that in game to appear more town or just be really confused town.

A simple pm to the mod would've answered his question or goin to the mafia role page itself to find the information.

I suppose, but for people who have only played basic mafia they wouldn't know what the hooker does, and posting here gets an answer quicker than sending a PM.

Still waiting to here from the quiet ones.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:47 am

I didn't expect Virus' Reply Logic
A long long time ago, I was in a pirate mafia. And there was a 1-shot vig, who had a 50% chance of been revealed when he shot, and the scene went along the lines of "Steve dropped dead and Thomas was holding a smoking gun". So I felt that virus could of been a 1-shot vig but he says he didn't do it, which I didn't expect, because I thought he was a 1-shot vig based on the scene, but he says he isn't.

Scummy Things By Caffeine
iAmCaffeine wrote:There are only going to be two/three mafia right? We don't have to lynch.
Like I said previously, suggesting a no lynch so early in D1 is poor, because it leads to no information for D2. And I believe that anybody's who has played 2-3 games here will know that.

iAmCaffeine wrote:I don't think we need to push for a claim yet.
With time running out on D1, he suggests we don't need to push for a claim!! When else are we going to push for a claim. Once suggesting no-lynch (without information on the table), might be forgivable; twice is scummy.

iAmCaffeine wrote:The fact that the only other two contributing anything at the moment didn't question it made me not bother either.
Sheeping here

vote Caffeine for the above reasons

Other Things In The Thread
A Mafia Hooker is just another name for a roleblocker and normally has no in-role way of dying i.e.e exactly like a town roleblocker with different alignment.
Mafia & SK cannot win together. SK wants to kill everyone. Mafia win, when they are the majority.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:36 pm

jonty125 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:There are only going to be two/three mafia right? We don't have to lynch.
Like I said previously, suggesting a no lynch so early in D1 is poor, because it leads to no information for D2. And I believe that anybody's who has played 2-3 games here will know that.

I was suggesting it to see if anyone jumped at the idea.

jonty125 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I don't think we need to push for a claim yet.
With time running out on D1, he suggests we don't need to push for a claim!! When else are we going to push for a claim. Once suggesting no-lynch (without information on the table), might be forgivable; twice is scummy.

See above, although it was still early for a claim since nobody was at L-1. Unfortunately, the claim resulted in absolutely nothing good for town.

jonty125 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:The fact that the only other two contributing anything at the moment didn't question it made me not bother either.
Sheeping here

More like trusting my reads.

jonty125 wrote:vote Caffeine for the above reasons

I have no issue with you voting me, but don't let it get to L-1 before I claim. Thanks.

jonty125 wrote:Mafia & SK cannot win together.

In my experience on other sites an SK is not the same as a killer, and a killer is mafia-aligned, but the killer and mafia don't know who each other are. Weird I know. Then again, on the only other I (used) to play on, everyone knew the roles before joining a game.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:37 pm

only other site I used to play on...
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Whatsausage on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:57 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

I was suggesting it to see if anyone jumped at the idea.

I don't like this ("Yes I did <insert any scummy thing here>, but it was only to see if I could get others to do it too and catch them.") way of playing/ excuse.
I do think caffeine is town however. With all the inactivity (yes I am guilty of it myself) he could very easily be sitting back and waiting for nothing to happen like yesterday if he were scum

mtamburini wrote:To not know what the hooker role does. To ask silly questions like that in game to appear more town or just be really confused town.

In hindsight I probably should have just looked it up, but it isn't like I dedicated a whole post to it (or two in your case :roll: ) and this way everyone gets to know in case I wasn't the only one

I doubt a vig, unless our vig is very confident. I also think the a full on vig would be OP for a game this size, but a limited shot really probably wouldn't use one on N1

Right now I am leaning virus. Only the vague response to the mention of his name and then an off-topic post
Colonel Whatsausage

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:15 am

Come on..
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby virus90 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:10 am

jonty125 wrote:I didn't expect Virus' Reply Logic
A long long time ago, I was in a pirate mafia. And there was a 1-shot vig, who had a 50% chance of been revealed when he shot, and the scene went along the lines of "Steve dropped dead and Thomas was holding a smoking gun". So I felt that virus could of been a 1-shot vig but he says he didn't do it, which I didn't expect, because I thought he was a 1-shot vig based on the scene, but he says he isn't.

well i think the person who killed charm knows that im not the one who killed her, but i understand that he is not stepping forward. Or i dont know myself that i have that ability, that would be fun :P

so i vote no lynch, since we are now with 6 and a no lynch might give us an extra day. (5 after tnoight), then these 5 should find the mafia or 3 after a lynch and another night. assuning 2 mafia in the beginning.
else its 4 tomorrow and then 2 day after, in which case mafia would win
Major virus90

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:22 am

Suggesting we don't lynch is incredibly anti-town. Assuming there are two mafia left, that would potentially leave town at 3v2 tomorrow, which is not at all a situation we want to be in. I have no idea why you'd suggest this.

Secondly, you were mentioned in the night scene:
jak111 wrote:Upon further investigations, there is evidence of virus90 being close to Charm when she died.

All you stated is that you didn't kill her:
virus90 wrote:lets say im not the one who killed charm

I asked you to elaborate on this and you have not done so. I am now asking again, otherwise my vote will not change. If you didn't kill her, why would you be near her? It seems highly likely that charm was roleblocking mtamburini after he revealed he's the cop.

I was going to vote for you mate, but I changed my mind. If you were scum I doubt jak111 would make it so glaringly obvious, but there is definitely something going on. I'm actually wondering if mtamburini is lying about being roleblocked, but then would charm be so stupid as not to block him? I doubt it, but I trust both of them as much as I trust a smackhead.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:23 am

I realised I said "my vote will not change" because I did originally type out a vote, but I am not voting now.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby virus90 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:16 am

i dont believe there to be 3 mafia in a 8 player game that would mean a mislynch day 1= game over. so i believe 2 mafia in which case a no lynch is an option.
so thats why i voted no lynch
will do it in red and bold this time to be sure:
vote no lynch
Major virus90

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:19 am

If there are only two mafia then the last member must be a pretty powerful PR to keep things balanced. Perhaps a GF. The other alternative is there is a neutral party.

Can we really no lynch on the basis that we think there aren't three mafia? I didn't originally but the majority disagreed.

You still haven't explained why you were included in the night scene.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:39 am

Well, over the last page of posts, caffeine has sounded a lot more towny, and has actually kept the game going... so based on my previous analysis, I will vote Whatsausage as my most likely scum read at the moment
Major HotShot53

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:09 am

FOS virus for suggesting we no lynch without getting any new information from D2, if we decide now we're not going to pressurise anyone, we are effectively giving mafia a free kill

Where is everyone?
Cook jonty125

Postby mtamburini on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Theres advantages to sleeping I get a free check if there is a medic and I get saved or Ill get double stacked if my assumptions on a SK are correct.

BUT I would prefer a lynch on caffiene or sausage today tbh. Jonty can be thrown in there too but I think he is ok for now.

Im liking hotshot's post a bit more and virus im coming around on.

That leaves the last 3 of you and frankly If we lynch inside them I think well win the game
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:21 am

Vote for me then mtamburini. I have one vote on me already, I don't really care. As soon as I claim everyone will back the f*ck off anyway. :D
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:37 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Vote for me then mtamburini. I have one vote on me already, I don't really care. As soon as I claim everyone will back the f*ck off anyway. :D

Scummy softclaim.
Cook jonty125

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:58 am

jonty125 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Vote for me then mtamburini. I have one vote on me already, I don't really care. As soon as I claim everyone will back the f*ck off anyway. :D

Scummy softclaim.

Of course you think so, you voted me. I'm just getting sick of barely any discussion and even when people do post, it's mostly pointless. I've almost single-handedly kept the game going throughout day two yet you have voted me and mtamburini is happy to vote me as well. I fail to see how maintaining a scum hunt and contributing the most makes me mafia, but it's fine.

If I get to L-1 I'll claim.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby mtamburini on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:02 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

Scummy softclaim.

Of course you think so, you voted me. I'm just getting sick of barely any discussion and even when people do post, it's mostly pointless. I've almost single-handedly kept the game going throughout day two yet you have voted me and mtamburini is happy to vote me as well. I fail to see how maintaining a scum hunt and contributing the most makes me mafia, but it's fine.

If I get to L-1 I'll claim.

Id probably still lynch you regardless of your claim
Sergeant mtamburini

Re: Epic Mafia Corruption #1 [8/8] Day 1: Corruption

Postby jak111 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:31 pm

VOTE COUNT DAY 2 #1

1. virus90
2. HotShot53
3. mtamburini
4. jonty125
5. Whatsausage ~ HotShot, (L3)
8. iAmCaffeine ~ Jonty, (L3)

No-Lynch ~ Virus, (L3)

Day ends June 22nd at 4am EST.

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Pretty bad, day is half over and only 3 votes cast and not even 2 pages filled.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives