Conquer Club

Epic Mafia Corruption #1 [1/8] ENDGAME: Who's the Fool now?

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Epic Mafia Corruption #1 [8/8] Day 1: Corruption

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm not voting yet, but mtamburini seems the scummiest so far. I don't scumread jonty, I just don't think he's given much thought to his hypothetical. Neb seems pretty town to me. Everyone else is too quiet.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby mtamburini on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:01 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm not voting yet, but mtamburini seems the scummiest so far. I don't scumread jonty, I just don't think he's given much thought to his hypothetical. Neb seems pretty town to me. Everyone else is too quiet.

Do you care to elaborate on ANYTHING you just said instead of coming in saying a couple things then leaving?
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby virus90 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:36 pm

its a national holiday in the netherlands so im always somewhere drinking beer or outside or having a hangover... or all of the 3 together. (on people being quite @ caff)

Then my opinion on the nebs case -towards whatssausage: I dont get it... post you commented on was without content, like all other posts that far, but you already dropped it so, ok... it started something...
then mtam comes along with jonty and neb are suspicious.. neb i would get since he just made a weak case, jonty, i didnt get that, some readoning along the lines of first post = mafia... and some personal issues. bit too far fetched in my opinion.
neb votes mtam, well i do understand that part, since thats also my strongest feeling so far...

so now i unvote, because mtam already has 3 votes if im not mistaken. and i want him to have 2... he still got some jokevotes so i dont want someone to miss that and put him at L1. so i kind of Half vote mtam... if you still get me ..
Major virus90

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:00 pm

I agree with everyone else that wonders what exactly mtamburini saw in jonty and neb's posts that was scummy... that along with throwing out the possibility of a fool or a SK being a reason to maybe go no lynch today... in an 8 player game I highly doubt there will be roles like that. So I will unvote, vote mtamburini to get him back to l-2 and time to claim. Nothing else is happening today it seems, so this is the best thing we have so far.
Major HotShot53

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:52 am

HotShot53 wrote:I agree with everyone else that wonders what exactly mtamburini saw in jonty and neb's posts that was scummy... that along with throwing out the possibility of a fool or a SK being a reason to maybe go no lynch today... in an 8 player game I highly doubt there will be roles like that. So I will unvote, vote mtamburini to get him back to l-2 and time to claim. Nothing else is happening today it seems, so this is the best thing we have so far.

Well done, you just put mtamburini at L-1. Can someone unvote now please?

Also, I suggested the possibility of a third party role such as a fool. In an eight player game it's quite often the best way to ensure balance, but that all depends on the PRs that town and mafia have. I didn't mention SK - I'm not even sure what that stands for.

mtamburini wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm not voting yet, but mtamburini seems the scummiest so far. I don't scumread jonty, I just don't think he's given much thought to his hypothetical. Neb seems pretty town to me. Everyone else is too quiet.

Do you care to elaborate on ANYTHING you just said instead of coming in saying a couple things then leaving?

I knew someone would ask for more reasoning, I was just hungover and very busy so I didn't bother at the time. Basically though, you seem far too on-edge and there are a few things you've said that I don't like.

mtamburini wrote:In the situation where we have a fool mafia can shoot them and we wont have to worry about the fear of lynching.

Assuming there is a fool, or a third party that doesn't benefit town or mafia, leaving it to the mafia to hopefully take them out would be stupid from a town perspective. If there is a third party then there will be two scum, so they have six to choose from meaning there is a 16.66% chance that they would kill TP during the night. Why would you take that risk?

mtamburini wrote:My top 2 suspects right now are Jonty and neb

Neb is leaning more towny atm I like his recent posts.

Apart from the fact you contradicted yourself instantly, what reasons are there for suspecting Neb? I don't see any. I can see why you would suspect Jonty, but I think he's just not thinking things through properly, rather than being scummy. Your reasoning for suspecting Neb (basically because you don't like him) is just pathetic.

However, since several people have now jumped onto an mtamburini bandwagon, I'm getting less suspicious and looking more at those who've just voted. I've left my general thoughts on each player so far in a spoiler below.

show
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:55 am

I wasn't sure about my L-1 comment so I did a quick vote count.

1. virus90 ~ charm
2. HotShot53 ~
3. mtamburini ~ HotShot, Neb
4. jonty125 ~ mtamburini
5. Whatsausage ~
6. charm ~
7. Nebuchadnezer ~
8. iAmCaffeine ~

Also, I am unvoting.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:34 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I wasn't sure about my L-1 comment so I did a quick vote count.

1. virus90 ~ charm
2. HotShot53 ~
3. mtamburini ~ HotShot, Neb
4. jonty125 ~ mtamburini
5. Whatsausage ~
6. charm ~
7. Nebuchadnezer ~
8. iAmCaffeine ~

Also, I am unvoting.

Looks like he's actually at L-3 then... I knew I wasn't putting him at L-1, since virus had just unvoted him. And looking back, since charm had also unvoted him, he wasn't even at L-2. The deadline is in a few days... so are we going to pressure/get a claim from mtamurini? Or has anyone else done anything suspicious enough to pressure them for? Or is everyone too scared to "join a bandwagon", which will result in a default no-lynch?
Major HotShot53

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:39 am

HotShot53 wrote:I agree with everyone else that wonders what exactly mtamburini saw in jonty and neb's posts that was scummy... that along with throwing out the possibility of a fool or a SK being a reason to maybe go no lynch today... in an 8 player game I highly doubt there will be roles like that. So I will unvote, vote mtamburini to get him back to l-2 and time to claim. Nothing else is happening today it seems, so this is the best thing we have so far.

Can you offer any more depth to what you've said here?

I don't think jonty's posts were scummy, but I can understand why others might think they were.

Neb definitely isn't scummy and mtamburini's reasoning for thinking so is ridiculous.

Why do you doubt the possibility of third party?

I don't think we need to push for a claim yet. The quiet ones need to speak more. I'd like to see what Whatsausage and charm think.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:42 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:

Can you offer any more depth to what you've said here?

I don't think jonty's posts were scummy, but I can understand why others might think they were.

Neb definitely isn't scummy and mtamburini's reasoning for thinking so is ridiculous.

Why do you doubt the possibility of third party?

I don't think we need to push for a claim yet. The quiet ones need to speak more. I'd like to see what Whatsausage and charm think.

A SK in a 8 player game would be overkill, 2 deaths in a night would make the game end way too fast. And I've seen "could be a joker..." thrown out in almost every game, but haven't seen one yet, so I doubt one would appear in a small game. Could be a third party survivor or something I guess, but that wouldn't be a reason for no-lynching.

I agree that whatsausage and charm need to talk more... in a tiny game absence is much more noticeable.

No offense... but I think your talk about potentially no-lynching, don't even need to push for claims is a bit scummish to be honest.
Major HotShot53

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:20 pm

OK so since I've been gone.

Neb voted Hotshot - I can't see anything there.

mtam suggests there could be an SK in an 8-player game!!! And suggests I have too much information - I'm just speculating, I have nothing to go on. And in a double post, votes me, without reasoning, so I assume it's because I speculated on setup which you, yourself did. And you also say Neb and jonty are scummy, *breathe*, Neb looks townie.

Neb votes mtam for hypocrisy and says I'm a little bit scummy.

KEY PART
mtam responds with -
mtam wrote:I dont like him [jonty] for personal reasons
. I have no quarrel with you mtam. You say first to confirm is mafia. IAmCaffeine was 1st to confirm, I believe I was about 7th. You say 1st person to post is mafia - Neb was the 1st to post, I was 3rd, and guess who was 2nd. Also, what kind of argument is - first to confirm/post is mafia!!! Confirmation is based on who is online when the mod sends out role and first to post is also quite similar. There is absoulutely nothing that links first to post/confirm with any alignment. And my last point, you say my first post was funny, I'm glad you liked my joke, but if you mean weird funny, go look at it again. It's quite clearly a joke.

So anyway, Caff drops by, says I'm not scummy, mtam says caff's post is too brief, IMO caff's post is too brief.

Virus comes along says I'm not scummy and Neb is slightly but that's mtam is his strongest feel.

Hotshot puts his money where his mouth is, and votes mtam for suggesting there is an SK, as well as weak case(s) on me and Neb.

Caff posts a much longer post - Is worried about mtam @ L-1. SK is a serial killer caff.

Hotshot returns and says mtam ain't at L-1. Caff wants Hotshot to elaborate on the lack of 3rd party & then says we don't need to push for claims and Hotshot says this is scummy.

KEY PART
FOS caff With deadline so close, we have to push for claims in the very near future, and I can see your intentions are honourable in getting everyone's voice to be heard (or everybody to potentially scum slip) but we must get a claim.

unvote, vote Mtam you voted me, for speculating about roles, and you then specualte about roles yourself. You say Neb is scummy and towny in the same post. Two cases of hypocrisy in the same post, my vote goes on you

OK, I seem to have caused some issues with my GF & cop combo. So let me explain, in a C9 game, (standard 7 player game), the roles are cop, doc, 2 mafia, 3 vanillas . I am of the opinion this setup is favourable of town. Here, we have 8 players, so one more. It is incredibly likely this is a 6 v 2 game. So cop + doc + 4 townies vs. 2 mafia goons, I thought was OP. So I thought I could balance it for mafia, with cop + doc + 4 townies vs. GF + goon. However, now, looking back I do realise that this means the cop can only catch 1/2 the scum faction which was more than I intended. A potenital scenario is cop + doc + 4 townies vs. Roleblocker + Goon which now looking at is a bit more balanced. This also very close to an F11 setup.

Another possibility was to remove the cop (which I still believe to be reasonable), and this of course leaves now purpose for a GF, so naturally I removed him. To make the game doc + 5 townies vs. 2 mafia goons.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby mtamburini on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Maybe yall need to read, What is sausgae asked me about NEB

Skim much?
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Whatsausage wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Gf in a eight person game would render the cop all but useless.

But this is good talk. I'm going to get serious and unvote. Vote whatsausage.

It's day one. This post didn't sit right with me.

Whatsausage wrote:
jak111 wrote:Charm has been probed.

Gross.

HotShot53 wrote:Hmm... I guess this is a problem with smaller games... harder to get things started.

Every game kinda starts like this in my experience, nothing to go on before anyone has said anything haha

Looks like someone didn't like my joke :lol:

But more seriously, what I meant was that we don't have any information past our role and the number of players at the beginning of the game and it is hard to push on anyone until someone says something stupid, which it seems like you think I did.
Really my post was just a general captain obvious statement

@mtam, I do agree that I thought it was interesting that he kept bringing up the GF role, so I can understand jonty, but why did you have neb as a suspect?
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:21 pm

I remember why I stopped playing forum mafia on this site and only play inner clan games, the level of conversation in these games are weak and filled with bs its impossible to scumhunt.

My clanmates asked me to turn my play down a notch because I was over active and being "BM"

But since you guys are gonna jump on me with no accusation with improper information (the thread is only 2 pages long and some of you cant even get your facts straight.)

Jonty is the only one who brings up a case that is worth of being accused by me talking about him discussing the GF and then me brining up possible third party (This is the only thing that makes sense from everyone else that voted for me) However his BS accusation about me not liking him for personal reasons is not true and if he took the time to actually read the thread he would have known that.

I am most certain there are scum in the people who are pushing on me and I think that better lynch options today would be people who have not yet contributed something of value and/or not posting much at all.

Havent got a read on Charm but her posts do not read as towny as they were in the last game I played with her, more pressure should be applied there IMO because I can personally get a better read on her than anyone else ( I think this is her second game I played in her first)
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:22 pm

And voting for me because I voted for you is an OMGUS reaction so GMEOY
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby charm on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

I find it funny that HotShot called out that I wasn't posting enough. There was like no activity and then there was a bunch today from him. Just trying to act like a HotShot eh? I was busy this weekend frolicking in the water and getting my groove on. Back to business this week. I'm all for starting the night early and doing some entertaining.

Someone should drink more coffee before counting!

IMO, I think there are 2 goons, possibly a non-threatening third party too ( meaning I doubt there is a SK).
Corporal 1st Class charm

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:20 pm

If you want to stop playing nobody is preventing you from fucking off mtamburini.

@jonty - I don't want a claim yet because I would rather the more quiet ones, specifically Whatsausage and charm, need to offer their thoughts first.

If mtam isn't scum he's stupid, but I'm worried it's the latter so I'm not voting until we hear from the lurkers.

FP'd by charm yet still nothing helpful.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby mtamburini on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:39 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:If you want to stop playing nobody is preventing you from fucking off mtamburini.

@jonty - I don't want a claim yet because I would rather the more quiet ones, specifically Whatsausage and charm, need to offer their thoughts first.

If mtam isn't scum he's stupid, but I'm worried it's the latter so I'm not voting until we hear from the lurkers.

Well f*ck you 2 this is why I dont like neb for personal reasons, he did the exact same thing you are doing now making the game not fun to play.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby charm on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:05 pm

mtamburini wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:If you want to stop playing nobody is preventing you from fucking off mtamburini.

Well f*ck you 2 this is why I dont like neb for personal reasons, he did the exact same thing you are doing now making the game not fun to play.

Such language!!
@Caf - what I stated was very helpful, maybe not to you!! MTAM is a very good player, and you need a spanking! Check your attitude - seems very scummy to me. In fact, UNVOTE....VOTE IAMCAFEINE!!
Corporal 1st Class charm

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Lol...that escalated quickly!

Mtamburini...what exactly is not fun about the game? The fact that your posting has led to suspicions? Or is it that we nailed scum right out of the gate, and now you're salty about it?

Had you maintained decency,I might have gone for caffeine...but I feel good about my vote now.

Need to hear from sausage.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby mtamburini on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Lol...that escalated quickly!

Mtamburini...what exactly is not fun about the game? The fact that your posting has led to suspicions? Or is it that we nailed scum right out of the gate, and now you're salty about it?

Had you maintained decency,I might have gone for caffeine...but I feel good about my vote now.

Need to hear from sausage.

If you re read the last game we played you can clearly see that I am town.

Im not scum and all the accusations against me are BS
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:15 pm

charm wrote:
mtamburini wrote:

Such language!!
@Caf - what I stated was very helpful, maybe not to you!! MTAM is a very good player, and you need a spanking! Check your attitude - seems very scummy to me. In fact, UNVOTE....VOTE IAMCAFEINE!!

You're dumb as f*ck.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby virus90 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:24 pm

wow thought we were playing mafia, not mud throwing... understand the confusion since both start with the M, but i thought i singned up for mafia.
Its very hot in europe but in America aswell? atleast the tempers are ;)
Major virus90

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:27 pm

I'm here to play mafia, but when one person votes based on personal vendettas and claims everyone else is crap at the game because they're actually pretty terrible, all the while the other person has their face up the other's arse.. not really a great game.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jak111 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:29 pm

VOTE COUNT DAY 1 #2

1. virus90 ~
2. HotShot53 ~
3. mtamburini ~ Neb, HotShot, Jonty (L2)
4. jonty125 ~ Mtam,
5. Whatsausage ~
6. charm
7. Nebuchadnezer ~
8. iAmCaffeine ~ Charm,
No Kill ~

Day ends June 12th at 8pm.

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Three days left! (plus like 90 mins).

FP'd by virus, believe me, don't talk about temperatures.. It's hot has hell over in Atlantic Canada and tearing down walls and ceilings while the heat is up in the 30 celsius.. No thanks.

FP'd by Caff.

Everyone just needs to stop the name calling. Most of the people playing are out of High School, so act mature if you can't be mature.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby mtamburini on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:34 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm here to play mafia, but when one person votes based on personal vendettas and claims everyone else is crap at the game because they're actually pretty terrible, all the while the other person has their face up the other's arse.. not really a great game.

Whos that?
Sergeant mtamburini

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives