Conquer Club

Closed owenshooter - offensive use of religious terms/images

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

owenshooter - offensive use of religious terms/images

Postby mrswdk on Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:44 am

Accused:

owenshooter

The accused are suspected of:

Other: offensive disregard for Christian site members, through profane use of the name and image of Jesus

Comments:

owenshooter routinely refers to himself as 'the black jesus'. He does this in every forum post he writes and regularly posts messages about 'black jesus time' in global chat. People who use any part of this site outside of the games will be familiar with him and his use of this moniker, including the significant number of Christian members of the site.

Taking the lord's name in vain is a sin, considered highly disrespectful and degrading towards the Christian Son of God:

https://www.ucg.org/teen-bible-study/te ... e-gods-nam

owen demands others treat his self-styled ethnicity with the utmost respect and on his own terms, and has pursued C&A cases against transgressors accordingly. However, having already been censured for his disrespect of Jesus once before he does not appear to have learned to treat the beliefs of others with the same respect he demands they treat his own beliefs with. I think it is only fair that the respect shown by those CC members is reciprocated by owen. He should cease referring to himself as 'the black Jesus' immediately.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Re: owenshooter - offensive use of religious terms/images

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:37 am

Is there any evidence at all that you're willing to provide here?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jfm10 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:13 am

FAMO.....forgive and move on.
Captain jfm10

Mrwdk is obsessed with me to the level of STALKING

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:28 am

at what point does this member receive a time out for continual harassment and frivolous reports?
again, this user has been digging through the archives to find a thread several years old, which is closed, to try and finally come out on top against me. a ruling was made, it was a controversial ruling, and if you follow the thread, very interesting.

Mrwdk, i am truly sorry that you were banned for using racist language within the forums, global chat, and games... you seem truly irked that you were banned for using the N word, even after multiple warnings. you need to realize that your actions got you banned, not mine. it truly is kind of creepy that you spend hours searching the CC archives to try and bring up old cases to somehow get me banned... i hope the site admins step in and give you a considerable time out for this stalker level harassment. throw in a member of your posse threatening real world violence against me in the past few weeks, and it is clear that you need to realize this is a casual online gaming site. i am sorry, but i feel as if you truly do need to seek psychiatric help.

FYI, this same thing was alleged last week and closed.

Subject: Owenshooter "Jesus"

i hope the admins step in and talk to you. this is really scary behaviour/patterns that you are exhibiting. good luck, i truly hope you get better.

the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Last edited by owenshooter on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby ubcman64 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:42 am

Good grief! Bunch of fucking whiny ass cry babies on this site. Grow a pair!
Every time someone files a report for being offended, I should file one because that offends me.
Founding Member of ++The Legion++
Major ubcman64

Re: Mrwdk is obsessed with me to the level of STALKING

Postby mrswdk on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:54 am

owenshooter wrote:this user has been digging through the archives to find a thread several years old

The old case is precedent which shows that your blasphemy has been ruled offensive and unacceptable before, so it's relevant.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Re: Mrwdk is obsessed with me to the level of STALKING

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:57 am

mrswdk wrote:
owenshooter wrote:this user has been digging through the archives to find a thread several years old

The old case is precedent which shows that your blasphemy has been ruled offensive and unacceptable before, so it's relevant.

you clearly didn't read the case. troll on. this exact allegation was ONCE AGAIN ruled on last week. you truly need to seek psychiatric help, this level of obsession/stalking is a little creepy and pretty unhealthy. the thought of you losing sleep over me, is very sad. the black jesus has spoken.-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Serbia on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:01 pm

This isn't even a halfway decent troll thread. It's a lazy offering of a recycled complaint which always gets dismissed. Come up with something original.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Serbia wrote:This isn't even a halfway decent troll thread. It's a lazy offering of a recycled complaint which always gets dismissed. Come up with something original.

the best part is, he didn't even read the thread. my avatar with F*ck on it, was in response to a complaint about a mods avatar that had F*ck on it and was deemed to not be offensive. so, i put the same thing on my avatar to prove a point and was successful. did i remove it when asked? yep... this is a lackluster effort and smacks of stalking/obsession and a slew of other unhealthy words. wdk should be given a vacation for excessive reports. i served one of those for 6 months... *shaking head in disbelief*...-Bj
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:11 pm

mrswdk; you are double foed for being a terrible C&A troll
Major betiko

Postby mrswdk on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:13 pm

@Serbia Last week was different. It was a report about one single message posted in GC or a game chat or somewhere. This is about site wide behavior.

There are several people in GC at the moment saying they find it offensive. CC has recently introduced a ban on a specific word and punished people for posting comments in GC or starting threads in OT that might upset other members. CC has consistently erred on the side of caution when it comes to preventing people from behaving in a way that might offend or upset others. Several people are offended by owen's routine blasphemy and he keeps it up anyway because he doesn't care - is that not behavior 'destructive to the site'? Why is it permitted?

@owen the old C&A thread was about your disrespectful use of an image of Jesus, keep up
Lieutenant mrswdk

Re: owenshooter - object of my stalking

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:21 pm

mrswdk wrote:@owen the old C&A thread was about your disrespectful use of an image of Jesus, keep up

nope..

Subject: owenshooter [closed]

that was my protesting a mod having the word F*ck in their avatar. i was told it wasn't offensive. so i put the same word in my avatar. then, somehow, it was offensive. point proven. picture of a giraffe with f*ck was not offensive, picture of a black guy with a crow of thorns and the word f*ck, was offensive. if you read the thread, it was more about who made the complaint and not about the actual complaint. the mod avatar was changed soon after that.

here is another thread from last week that was closed, on the same subject:

Subject: Owenshooter "Jesus"

anyway, you really look sad. you really look like a stalker. you really look as if you are coming unhinged. you really look like you need some sort of help. i hope you reflect on your actions during this time out that you are going to receive for stalking/frivolous reports, that usually helped me before i returned from bans. again, this is sad. good luck!! i still have love for you in my heart!!-Bj

p.s.-i'm not going to stoop to your level. i hope you enjoy continuing this conversation on your own without me. i think my paying attention to anything do is really unhealthy for you. sorry, i just kind of need to severe all ties with you. it is getting creepy.

des·per·a·tion
ˌdespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun

a state of despair, typically one that results in rash or extreme behavior.
"she wrote to him in desperation"
synonyms: hopelessness, despair, distress; More
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:10 pm

mrswdk, my advice to you is just to start calling yourself the Chinese Jesus, since that seems to be the precedent we're now allowing.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Beast Of Burson on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Where in the rules does it say Owen cannot refer to himself as Jesus? Or Black?

What rule is being broken?

I think mrsdwlk should be banned for life from the forums for filing gay ass reports that hold no merit.

Nothing more than a racist loser with no life what-so-ever.
You are a lame ass douche bag.

You being born offends me.
Cook Beast Of Burson

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:37 pm

- This is a bit cRaZy, If I started calling myself the Vietnamese dwarf jesus with cataract and club foot, will I be reported? Please mrswdk, let this go?

-\MGM/- Canoli noir-
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:25 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:- This is a bit cRaZy, If I started calling myself the Vietnamese dwarf jesus with cataract and club foot, will I be reported? Please mrswdk, let this go?

-\MGM/- Canoli noir-

yes, you might even say... IT IS LuDIcRouS!!!

the black jesus has spoken...-Bj
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Beast Of Burson on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:43 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:- This is a bit cRaZy, If I started calling myself the Vietnamese dwarf jesus with cataract and club foot, will I be reported? Please mrswdk, let this go?

-\MGM/- Canoli noir-

:lol: :lol:
Cook Beast Of Burson

Postby mrswdk on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:mrswdk, my advice to you is just to start calling yourself the Chinese Jesus, since that seems to be the precedent we're now allowing.

I like it. Although that depends upon whether or not blasphemy is ruled against in this thread. But if not :dance:
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby TeeGee on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:13 pm

No guidelines have been Violated, therefore owenshooter is CLEARED

Use the community guidelines, it clearly tells you if you are offended to foe

Do not waste any more time of the moderation team.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:18 pm

I don't think the complaint is completely groundless. It won't be upheld, I'm sure, and yet it shines a spotlight on a real issue.

I'm not religious, myself, but many people on the site are. Some of them are appalled at the idea of someone "taking the Lord's name in vain." Why are we so dismissive of their feelings? We uphold the complaints of people who feel their gender or race or sexual orientation has been insulted, so why is it so ridiculous to uphold the complaints of people who feel their religion has been insulted?

Don't even bother calling me a hypocrite because I'm one of the people that has often insulted religions. I'm well aware that I've done so. My question remains valid: why do people like myself and Owenshooter continue to get away with insulting people's religions, when others don't get away with insulting people's race or gender or sexual orientation?

Obviously I know there's precedent here and this complaint won't be upheld. Still, the ridicule that is being heaped upon mrswdk is completely inappropriate. He is shining a spotlight on a very real double standard that we uphold here.

(Edit: fastposted by TeeGee. Sorry, after all that typing I wasn't about to cancel it.)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TeeGee on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I don't think the complaint is completely groundless. It won't be upheld, I'm sure, and yet it shines a spotlight on a real issue.

I'm not religious, myself, but many people on the site are. Some of them are appalled at the idea of someone "taking the Lord's name in vain." Why are we so dismissive of their feelings? We uphold the complaints of people who feel their gender or race or sexual orientation has been insulted, so why is it so ridiculous to uphold the complaints of people who feel their religion has been insulted?

Don't even bother calling me a hypocrite because I'm one of the people that has often insulted religions. I'm well aware that I've done so. My question remains valid: why do people like myself and Owenshooter continue to get away with insulting people's religions, when others don't get away with insulting people's race or gender or sexual orientation?

Obviously I know there's precedent here and this complaint won't be upheld. Still, the ridicule that is being heaped upon mrswdk is completely inappropriate. He is shining a spotlight on a very real double standard that we uphold here.

(Edit: fastposted by TeeGee. Sorry, after all that typing I wasn't about to cancel it.)

Because I am following the NEW community Guidelines ;)
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Return to Closed C&A Reports