Conquer Club

samuraj and Stoned Ryder [Cleared]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

samuraj and Stoned Ryder [Cleared]

Postby Nephilim on Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:27 am

These are suspected Multis/Secret Alliance

Suspect users: samuraj and Stoned Ryder

Game number: xxx

Comments: watch out for these two noobs....they work together and play together. anytime you see them in a game together, it's probably smart to watch out for preferential treatment between the two of them

they have only played two games together so far, but have been suspected of cheating in both; check samuraj's feedback
Captain Nephilim

Postby Wisse on Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:56 am

fill in the form
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:12 pm

samuraj and Stoned Ryder are CLEARED of being multiple accounts.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Nephilim on Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:48 pm

just to clarify, i never filled in the form accusing these two of being multis. my original post was modified to fit the form, with no designation between multi/secret alliance. i never thought these two players were multis, just very suspicious and probably working together in the game. i am not the only player to notice the shadiness here--check samuraj's feedback.

so, although i appreciate Andy's diligent work on behalf of CC, I resent somewhat the appearance of the words "Samuraj and Stoned Ryder [Cleared]" on this forum. i never actually accused them of being multis, so they cannot be cleared of a charge that was never made. and they have not (cannot?) be cleared of secret alliance charges. but now they have a semblance of exoneration b/c "Cleared" is next to their names on this forum. i should have avoided this problem by filling in the form, i guess, and Andy can't be faulted for exculpating them of the charges that he can actually investigate.

So, while they're not multis, and were never accused in this thread of such, samuraj and stoned ryder are still shady. they work in the same office and play games together while at work. they don't attack each other, but instead seem to stake out their respective territories then withdraw from each other's zones. in my game with them, this behavior stopped when i pointed out their bullshit. pretty risky to play with them, methinks.
Captain Nephilim

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:01 pm

exculpating

methinks.

you just wouldnt expect these words to be in the same post

thanks for the heads up...maybe leave a neutral feedback for them to let people know...negative if you are absolutely sure...but neutral is safer or let people read this...

alliances are hard...its hard to know if its cheating or fair strategy...but friends will sometimes favor their friends...i try to not look at the name...only do whats best for me...
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:12 am

As always, feel free to leave appropriate feedback and/or add them to your ignore list. If things persist, and more users complain, we can look into blocking them from playing together or worse. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Nephilim on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:12 pm

Thanks, Andy, you are on point as usual. I appreciate your fair approach.

Fitz, I'm fairly sure that "exculpating" and "methinks" should not be placed on opposite sides of a literate/illiterate dichotomy (if that's what you are implying, i'm not sure). "Methinks" isn't a low or base word indicating poor vocab--I only know of it from Shakespeare. Thanks for your comments; yes, alliances are hard to figure out. Guess we just have to roll with it!

peace
Captain Nephilim

Return to Closed C&A Reports