With demo-army numbers
What You Need To Know
- 1a.Starting Territories - 42
1b.Total Territories - 68
2. Continents -
3. Other Gameplay Features - Autodeployed bonuses, neutral starting territories, Bombard Routes
Changes in this Update
- 1. Updates to legend
2. Arrows on 1 way attack routes
3. Added Missing Name
To Do List
- 1. Finalise Legend graphics
2. Unify attack route colours
3. Finalise the territories names
4. Small map
5. Keep Graphics
6. Army circle for inner gate
Points to Discuss
- 1. Which colour is better for the attack routes, left or right?
2. What needs doing on the legend and title?
3. What needs doing to the territory names?
4. Anything else?
1. The number of territories currently on the map: 64
2. The number of continents: -
3. Descriptions of any unique features or areas.
The goal of this map is to rebuild in a more accurate form a real Siege. There will be no continents, but rally points where that represent troops gaining new positions in the battlefield. Also, there are no 'borders', but attack routes. The Siege weapons also try to emulate their effect in real battles. This is how it works:
- The legions, both attacking and defending, give a +1 bonus.
- The catpults receive an auto deploy, +3 until now, but can only bombard walls and archers towers. Cant conquer any territories, but can be conquered. (So it receives just one way routes.)
- Its almost the same about the burning oil barrels in the walls. each one receive a +2 bonus (auto deploy), and can bombard the territories under the barrel. Actually they have a normal attack to archers towers, but this is something we can think about.
- The archers towers receive a smaller bonus (+1 auto deploy) but have a better reach as you can see at the "extra bombard routes" legend. Some of those routes are still wrong, we will correct that soon. They connect to adjacent walls (with the oil barrels) and defenders rally points near them. Can just bombard the territories out of the castle.
- The battery ram only get auto deploy (+2) to bombard the gate, and this one could maybe receive something, too. Need think better about this one.
- The Siege Tower gives no bonus, but can connect to a point beyond the walls (not all points, just an especific point, possibly DR 10 (its not in the legend yet).
- The moat could give a negative bonus, but maybe its not necessary, once the oil have a bonus to bombard it. Any thoughts?
- The constructions on both sides of the castle, the Stables and the Smithy, they give a normal bonus +3.
- Inside the inner wall, there is the treasure room (we also could call it sanctuary, , temple, etc), something harder to achieve but with a better bonus. Im thinking about +5 or +7, according to how difficult we will do it.
- Except for the legions, other bonuses start neutral.
To clarify the mechanics:
- To invade the castle:
1) Use the men on water spaces to attack walls. But its not easy, the walls receive an auto deploy bonus of oil, and can bombard them, like the archers towers. The best way would be keep men at a safe distance and bombard with catapults before invade.
2) Use men to break the gate. This one can also be bombarded by battery ram.
3) Using the Siege Tower to go over the walls.
- To leave the castle:
1) For now the gate is the single way, but we can think about a "hidden" passage.
Again, the rally points and legions are starting territories, others being neutral in the start.
So, what to you think about it? Would it be possible? Do you have other ideas?
For now, I think that are main priorities: fix the legend, putting the right bombard routes, discuss the bonuses, and thinking about removing / adding rally points (Im up, for example, to remove some DR's, the castle looks a bit crowded), and about the hidden defenders tunnel.
Well, you are free to discuss the graphics, too... even why its not me doing them
(And I admit, I think Tel is doing a very nice job )