Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Treasure Map

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[Abandoned] - Treasure Map

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Mod Note:Abandoned - If resurrected, this one must be checked again.

Treasure Map

show: INFO

[Draft]
3/17/09->Image
v27
show: previous versions

changes:
  1. Fixed Riddle's Grammer
  2. roughened up edges
  3. Changed connections
  4. Changed F.E. to Kune
feedback?
Last edited by LED ZEPPELINER on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 109 times in total.
sailorseal wrote:My big boy banana was out the whole time :D
AndyDufresne wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Many Happy Bananas to everyone, lets party...with Bananas.
--Andy
Forever linked at the hip's-banana! (That sounds strange, don't quote me.)
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Re: Treasure Map

Postby tlane on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:08 pm

mabey change the two yellows to make them a little more differant
Private tlane

Postby Eigidansei on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:50 pm

i agree. But i think you also need some additional gameplay on this. It doesnt sound to exciting right now
highest score, 1609. sergeant first class

Corporal Eigidansei

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:03 pm

Eigidansei wrote:i agree. But i think you also need some additional gameplay on this. It doesnt sound to exciting right now

got any ideas??????
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby sailorseal on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:27 pm

I do I would try some maybe one way ship attacks a bombardment or two. Maybe a bloackade?
Cook sailorseal

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:40 pm

sailorseal wrote:I do I would try some maybe one way ship attacks a bombardment or two. Maybe a bloackade?

i'll try it
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:31 pm

Treasure Map
INFO
Name: Treasure Map
Cartographer: LED ZEPPELINER
Territories: 47
Continents: 7
Special Features: +3 Deploy on X
v2
Click image to enlarge.

v1
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp31/LED_ZEPPELINER/treasuremap.jpg
Feedback?

Changes:
1. Borders
2. Bonuses
3. Color of Grendelia
Last edited by LED ZEPPELINER on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby the.killing.44 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Change the color of the bonus that just changed to something else. Hurts my eyes!
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:28 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:Change the color of the bonus that just changed to something else. Hurts my eyes!

Alright. :D
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby the.killing.44 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:29 pm

why did you link me to the smilies?
Captain the.killing.44

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:17 pm

Treasure Map
INFO
Special Features: +3 Deploy on X, X starts out with 10 neutral units
v2.2
Click image to enlarge.

v2
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp31/LED_ZEPPELINER/treasuremapV2.jpg
v1
changes:
1. impassables
2. color of Grendelia
3. one way border
4. added picture of compass
Feedback?
Last edited by LED ZEPPELINER on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby sailorseal on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Make the impassible s look different
Cook sailorseal

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:36 pm

sailorseal wrote:Make the impassible s look different

What's wrong with them
Captain the.killing.44

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:58 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
sailorseal wrote:Make the impassible s look different

What's wrong with them

if i should change them luke, what should they be
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:22 pm

Well you need to know which way is being attacked but other than that i see no prob with them.
Captain the.killing.44

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:56 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:Well you need to know which way is being attacked but other than that i see no prob with them.

oh ya...i meant just an impassable, sorry that will be fixed on the newer version
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby gimil on Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:56 pm

hi LED ZEPPELINER,

Just a small point from me today, nothing to hard to digest. Your 'note' on the map is needlessly long. You don't need the point about the neutral that X starts with, people will see that when they start a game.

The sectionabout an automatically deployed bonus is still needed though but could be reduced to 'Automatically Deployed bonus of +3 on X'. Short simple and staright to the point.

So basically what I am saying is, change your long 'note' to:

'Automatically Deployed bonus of +3 on X'

and you are good to go. ;)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:02 pm

gimil wrote:hi LED ZEPPELINER,

Just a small point from me today, nothing to hard to digest. Your 'note' on the map is needlessly long. You don't need the point about the neutral that X starts with, people will see that when they start a game.

The sectionabout an automatically deployed bonus is still needed though but could be reduced to 'Automatically Deployed bonus of +3 on X'. Short simple and staright to the point.

So basically what I am saying is, change your long 'note' to:

'Automatically Deployed bonus of +3 on X'

and you are good to go. ;)

ya that makes sense
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:18 am

Treasure Map
INFO
Special Features: +3 Deploy on X, X starts out with 10 neutral units
v3
Click image to enlarge.

v2.2
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp31/LED_ZEPPELINER/treasuremapV22.jpg
v2
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp31/LED_ZEPPELINER/treasuremapV2.jpg
v1
changes:
1. impassables
2. notifications
Feedback?
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby Nikita42 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:34 am

I like the idea of a Treasure Map. I like the look of this map, but to me, it doesn't make me think of a treasure map. A treasure map is to get to the 'X' where all the gold is. This map just has an 'X' on it for no reason.

Would it be possible to make this map a goal map? So everyone is fighting to get to the 'X' first? Then you could also add traps and such around the map. Like -ve modifiers and such. And each ship could be the starting point for the players. Everyone starts out as one of the pirates.

I've been lurking the Map Foundry recently, and at this point, this map looks more fit for the Pirate Attack map someone started, than a Treasure Map.
“The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next.” — Emerson
Highest Rank: Brigadier Highest Score: 3208 Scoreboard: 50
Major Nikita42

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:41 am

Nikita42 wrote:I like the idea of a Treasure Map. I like the look of this map, but to me, it doesn't make me think of a treasure map. A treasure map is to get to the 'X' where all the gold is. This map just has an 'X' on it for no reason.

Would it be possible to make this map a goal map? So everyone is fighting to get to the 'X' first? Then you could also add traps and such around the map. Like -ve modifiers and such. And each ship could be the starting point for the players. Everyone starts out as one of the pirates.

I've been lurking the Map Foundry recently, and at this point, this map looks more fit for the Pirate Attack map someone started, than a Treasure Map.

That is a great idea, i think i might try it, the only problem with the boat idea is that if there are more than 5 people playing then one might get a better or worse position than the others, and if the boats aren't the starting place, someone could start out with a better drop...unless that whole island were to start with neutrals
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby Nikita42 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:30 pm

LED ZEPPELINER wrote:
Nikita42 wrote:I like the idea of a Treasure Map. I like the look of this map, but to me, it doesn't make me think of a treasure map. A treasure map is to get to the 'X' where all the gold is. This map just has an 'X' on it for no reason.

That is a great idea, i think i might try it, the only problem with the boat idea is that if there are more than 5 people playing then one might get a better or worse position than the others, and if the boats aren't the starting place, someone could start out with a better drop...unless that whole island were to start with neutrals

I figured my suggestion might mean changing the map quite a bit, but I thought I had to suggest it. I liked the Treasure Map idea, but when I looked at your map, it didn't look like something I would play....YET.

I like the idea of the 'X' island being neutral. I also think that there should be no direct connection from the ships to the 'X' island. Only way to get to the main island is to get there from the other islands. Sort of like following a specific path laid out by the treasure map. In order to allow for 8 players, you can add more ships. And maybe they don't connect either and each has a specific landing spot.

Anyway, I'm definitely not an expert here. I'm not sure what is need to make sure the logistics of a map work. I give all you guys who try to make your own maps credit. Because I'm sure it's really hard to make sure everything work the way it's supposed to.
“The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next.” — Emerson
Highest Rank: Brigadier Highest Score: 3208 Scoreboard: 50
Major Nikita42

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:32 pm

Nikita42 wrote:
LED ZEPPELINER wrote:

I figured my suggestion might mean changing the map quite a bit, but I thought I had to suggest it. I liked the Treasure Map idea, but when I looked at your map, it didn't look like something I would play....YET.

I like the idea of the 'X' island being neutral. I also think that there should be no direct connection from the ships to the 'X' island. Only way to get to the main island is to get there from the other islands. Sort of like following a specific path laid out by the treasure map. In order to allow for 8 players, you can add more ships. And maybe they don't connect either and each has a specific landing spot.

Anyway, I'm definitely not an expert here. I'm not sure what is need to make sure the logistics of a map work. I give all you guys who try to make your own maps credit. Because I'm sure it's really hard to make sure everything work the way it's supposed to.

I have decided to change my map based off of some of your ideas. The island that has x on it will start out with 7 or 5 ( i haven't decided yet) neutrals, and x will start with 10. each of those neutral territories will be a killer neutrals, except for x. to win you either eliminate the opponent(s) or you hold x for 2 turns. I am also changing the look of the map.

:ugeek: :lol: :lol: :D :o :shock: :mrgreen:
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:43 pm

7 or 5 is a bit much. Just 3/4 on the island and 7/10 on the X should be good.
Captain the.killing.44

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:04 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:7 or 5 is a bit much. Just 3/4 on the island and 7/10 on the X should be good.

If its 4 on normal and 7 on x, then somebody only needs to get through 11 pieces,if playing flat rate, and one gets a mixed set, they could win the game fairly quickly
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Next

Return to Recycling Box