Before I start my comments, I must say that it would be greatly appreciated if you put current versions inside [BigImg] tags, such as the following.
1) Why exactly is there an empty parchment piece in the lower left corner?
2) The texture seems a bit rough. Have you thought of getting a height map for this region? If you look around (Google is your friend
) then I am sure you can find something
3) The bridges are very small and hard to see
4) Is this during the time of the United or Divided monarchy? If this is during the divided monarchy, and you want to go for accuracy, then I suggest that you also split the areas into Israel and Judah.
5) Im not so sure about the accuracy of the placement of each the Israelite tribes. Maybe look at the following pictures? (I am not that sure about the accuracy of it either, but eh) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... Tribes.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... nt_830.svg
6) The style you are using for this map seems strange for Ancient Israel. When I think of Ancient Israel, I think of parchment-like maps. Maybe try it that way?
7) Including the names of the rivers may cause some trouble
The colors used for the names of different tribes differs from the actual colors used on the map, and this causes some confusion.
9) Its 12 tribes right? I count 11
You have a good map going here, I cant wait to see how it turns out