Conquer Club

[Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - The Creator Returns (8/27/15)

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:10 pm

After digging through a few old hard drives I found the XML (it is now in the cloud so it cant get lost again) and looked at it this past week. Wow that is some complicated stuff I wrote. I am going through line by line to see where the problems are and should have that by the end of the week. Then I can turn my attention to the update.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (4)

Postby Fuchsia tude on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:00 am

Donelladan wrote:Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.
Strong interest here !!!! If you've time will be very happy to play the new version :)

Same, I'd be really interested to see this finished. This map seems like it could use the Transform feature to make race affect more than bonuses and conditional movement, as well, if you really want to dig deep into the gameplay...
Sergeant 1st Class Fuchsia tude

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:14 pm

dolomite13 wrote:After digging through a few old hard drives I found the XML (it is now in the cloud so it cant get lost again) and looked at it this past week. Wow that is some complicated stuff I wrote. I am going through line by line to see where the problems are and should have that by the end of the week. Then I can turn my attention to the update.

=D13=

Sounds good!
Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
-- Mark Twain
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Medals: 166
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (24)
General Achievement (19) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (32)
General Contribution (14)

Postby owenshooter on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:58 am

Dukasaur wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:After digging through a few old hard drives I found the XML (it is now in the cloud so it cant get lost again) and looked at it this past week. Wow that is some complicated stuff I wrote. I am going through line by line to see where the problems are and should have that by the end of the week. Then I can turn my attention to the update.

=D13=

Sounds good!

what would sound better would be if the graphics for this one didn't suck as much as the others. sorry, i think it is one of the least aesthetically pleasing maps on the site. looks like a bad 80's video game and i absolutely pray it does not pop up, every time i select RANDOM for a map... sorry, just being honest...-Jésus noir
Arama86n,"you seem to think that everything you write is gospel."
Captain owenshooter

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:37 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

=D13=

Sounds good!

what would sound better would be if the graphics for this one didn't suck as much as the others. sorry, i think it is one of the least aesthetically pleasing maps on the site. looks like a bad 80's video game and i absolutely pray it does not pop up, every time i select RANDOM for a map... sorry, just being honest...-Jésus noir

But I like 80's video games! Bring on the Defender! Joust! Donkey Kong! Ms. Pac-Man! Frogger! Galaga! Gorf! BurgerTime! Q*Bert!

Oh, and the one with the caterpillar, can't remember the name!

Booyah!
Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
-- Mark Twain
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Medals: 166
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (24)
General Achievement (19) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (32)
General Contribution (14)

Postby Fuchsia tude on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

=D13=

Sounds good!

But I like 80's video games! Bring on the Defender! Joust! Donkey Kong! Ms. Pac-Man! Frogger! Galaga! Gorf! BurgerTime! Q*Bert!

Oh, and the one with the caterpillar, can't remember the name!

Booyah!

Centipede! My dentist had one of those machines in their waiting room in the 90s.
Sergeant 1st Class Fuchsia tude

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Still trying to get the XML updated properly and make sure its all working ... been a hectic Oct and Nov

As for the graphics. Well it was intended to look sort of crappy video game like. I would like to put together a better look for map if I could manage it.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:37 am

Prioritise the XML, that's what we're keen for! If you happen to find time to make it all nice and shiny then sound, but I personally can appreciate the current design.
Captain iAmCaffeine

Medals: 104
The Championships Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (5)

Postby Gilligan on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:37 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Prioritise the XML, that's what we're keen for! If you happen to find time to make it all nice and shiny then sound, but I personally can appreciate the current design.

i can appreciate the design as well, and i agree to prioritize the XML :)
Captain Gilligan

Medals: 204
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (33)
Clan Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (7) Map Contribution (10) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (20)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:40 pm

Played this map a couple of times. I like the play, but would like to see better, clearer labels for the spaces and such. Also, labels for the nobels.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1)

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:01 pm

I have had NO time at all for anything outside of Life and Work ... maybe soon ... can't promise much but please don't mark this as abandoned

-D13-
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:04 pm

Looks like Image Shack went all greedy and all of the images on here died.

I will see if I have them somewhere and try to re upload them to someplace like imgur.

Sorry for my absence. Every time I try to come back I get a new job I need to focus on :(

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Previous

Return to Beta Maps