Conquer Club

World 2.1 terminator escalating advice

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

World 2.1 terminator escalating advice

Postby werealldevodad on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:44 am

Any advice for this Game 5423478, I'm not looking for a turn by turn tutorial (as i know you guys are busy) just any basic advice for this game. My first 2.1 game i played was the same settings and i played it like a complete newbie (board game style, going for bonuses) and almost won, though I had a really good drop giving me australia. This time i'm thinking of playing more SOCs' style but think there must be some big tactical differences as the board is just so big. I'm thinking of going for territories in 3 or 4 areas, but not stacking, trying to pick all ones i come across and picking up reinforcesments that way.
Any opinions or advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks Werealldevodad.
Major werealldevodad

Re: World 2.1 terminator escalating advice

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:10 am

i think you should win ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Beckytheblondie on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:13 am

The winner of this game will be the one to eliminate his opponent when his opponenet has 4 or 5 cards. He will double cash, eliminate another opponent, cash again and move again.

As with any escalating game, its all about spreading yourself out. Dont worry TOO much about bonuses, and strike when the time is ripe.

DOnt worry too much about terminator either.

Just put three or four big stacks around the board and make every player accessible to you so that you may eliminate him or her when he/she has 4 or 5 cards when they're worth 35-50....
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby alex951 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:51 am

the strategic is the same as classic but on a different scale, the most important objective is cards. try to get into a position as to corner a player or two so if they run low on armies its easy-er to kill them off
Corporal alex951

Postby mpjh on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:03 am

We don't teach the map, but that is good advice. Build a small bonus area, keep some stacks elsewhere, wait for cards to escalate, then kill them off one at a time.
Cadet mpjh

Postby jghost7 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:25 pm

How does the strategy differ when the game is not escalating, and it is set to flat rate?
Major jghost7

Postby wolfpack0530 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:10 pm

removed
Last edited by wolfpack0530 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby wolfpack0530 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:11 pm

jghost7 wrote:How does the strategy differ when the game is not escalating, and it is set to flat rate?

in flat rate, nobody can go on a kill run like what becky described perfectly. So in flat rate, it is more important to build an area of strength on the map than to maintain large stacks spread out all over (one escalating strategy). Diplomacy is more important as well. It is very hard to maintain strength when you have enemies on two borders. If you are in N america, form an alliance with australia between hawaii and mexico, so you can focus on keeping europe and S america in check for example.

i have an 8 player flat rate 2.1 game going on right now, and it is almost round 100. it will never end unless players decide to team up against one poor soul and eliminate him.

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?gam ... full_log=Y

in this game, green broke cyan in africa to take the largest bonus out of all players. I could not let that happen so i broke green. I have done this to blue at least 3 different times and cyan at least 3 different times this game. But this is the first clash I have had with green all game. It is round 101 and this is the first time I have attacked him. Green decided to move 150 armies onto austrailian claim. I knew he was gearing up to try and hit me cuz he had left it a 1 for the last 15-20 turns. I actually would not have attacked him, if he did not make the show of aggression.

Notice what orange is doing. He hasnt made a single attack (other than taking a 1 for the card) in over 80 rounds. that is patience my friend.

My next move is to hope that green focuses on getting back his continent and doesnt try to break me in Hawaii (he would be sacrificing 175 armies) out of revenge. I will use the next 7-10 turns rebuilding my aussie border while keeping an eye on blue in moskva.
Captain wolfpack0530

Return to SoC Training Grounds