Conquer Club

Clandemonium [GP,GX,XML,BETA]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clandamonium

Postby barterer2002 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:48 pm

grifftron wrote:
Blitz had this brilliant idea, hope others like it, what if we put the 8 minor clan castles with a high neutral on each in between each clan on those bottle necks? That way clans would have to go threw their portals to attack other clans or get to NM land, unless they wanted to break down the castles (kinda like in Feudal)... wait....... 8-[

Anyways what do people think?

So when you say minor clans, you mean clans like THOTA right?
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby jiminski on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:11 pm

barterer2002 wrote:
grifftron wrote:
Blitz had this brilliant idea, hope others like it, what if we put the 8 minor clan castles with a high neutral on each in between each clan on those bottle necks? That way clans would have to go threw their portals to attack other clans or get to NM land, unless they wanted to break down the castles (kinda like in Feudal)... wait....... 8-[

heheh ah griff... maybe say - "..an additional 8 clans will be represented by portal castles etc etc through etc etc attack other clans, clans who are in no way seen as superior in any way whatsoever but who perhaps have been around a little longer or whose clan leader is making the map etc etc wink wink Blitzy..(kind of like feudal)..."
As opposed to referring to 'minor clans' .. it's a political minefield! (which would also be a nice feature to look at, you could name the mines after chat and other minor mods)

but aside from all that, i think the portals sound like a very nice gameplay feature.
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby grifftron on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Click image to enlarge.

Got some time to mess around with the map last night, I have one question for experienced map makers, are these territories too small for the 888? Let me know, i hope not, and if not i will continue foward in making territories for all clans, just laid out where clans would be and where the castles would be.

Kabanellas wrote:The more I look at it the more I think that Pinnacle should bombard all Drop Points. It should start with a higher number of neutral troops though.....

Achievable victory conditions (which rarely happen) could bring some inspiring moments to the battles in this map. I would stick to this idea ā€“ some Drop Points + Pinnacle to win.

As for the Clan castles, they should be 8 right? They could be in each border region dividing Clans territories.

The regions within no manā€™s land.. hummm I wouldnā€™t divide it that much.... probably those 3 portal regions bordering 2 inner regions that border the Pinnacle. Btw, I would invest some time on a better looking Pinnacle :) - a Tower maybe......

Thanks again Kabanellas for the ideas, very appriciated, we will have to see what others think about the pinnacle becoming a bombard on all drop points and for it being an "Achievable Victory". Sounds fun and this map is starting to turn into lots of maps in see on CC all in 1 (which isn't bad...) I will be working more in Pinnacle, a big tower on their seems like a great idea, any hints on how to do something like that, that would look good?

jammyjames wrote:huge change from the old map!!

i really like it though blitz + Griff... keep it going guys.

:D

Thanks jammyjames, we need all the support we can get.

jiminski wrote:
barterer2002 wrote:
grifftron wrote:

heheh ah griff... maybe say - "..an additional 8 clans will be represented by portal castles etc etc through etc etc attack other clans, clans who are in no way seen as superior in any way whatsoever but who perhaps have been around a little longer or whose clan leader is making the map etc etc wink wink Blitzy..(kind of like feudal)..."
As opposed to referring to 'minor clans' .. it's a political minefield! (which would also be a nice feature to look at, you could name the mines after chat and other minor mods)

but aside from all that, i think the portals sound like a very nice gameplay feature.

Sorry i was the one that wrote "minor clans" (Not Blitz :lol: so he is safe on that one). after seeing feedback i shouldn't have wrote it that way, what i meant was clans with less territories. I will now change the wording when i mention these clans to "additional 8 clans" like jim suggested :mrgreen: Sorry about that, all 16 clans on this map are champs in my mind! ;)

Thanks again for all the ideas and suggestions, keep them coming! and let me know about the territories being too small or not for the 888.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:35 pm

BpB = The Bandits
AOD = The Angels
TOFU = The Union
DVLL = De Vero's
KORT = The Knights
MYTH = Myth
O&H = Outlaws
EE = Eternal

opps! and before i get yelled at :oops: , i worked on this on my laptop with no net so i took a old list and put them on the map for castles (thinking it was the new one). This will be changed ASAP and put on the map with names of castles being that of the above 8 clans. :mrgreen:

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jiminski on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:39 pm

you've already made fantastic progress in both graphics/concept and adapting gameplay by the way!
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby grifftron on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:43 pm

jiminski wrote:you've already made fantastic progress in both graphics/concept and adapting gameplay by the way!

oh stop it! now i am just getting shy :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks jiminski!!! O:)
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby natty dread on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:37 am

You have made good progress... One can see your graphical skills are starting to develop. Even if this map doesn't make it, it doesn't matter, you will have made lots of valuable experience to use in your next project.

As for the map... the forests look great. But overall the map is still a bit too dark...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby grifftron on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:20 am

natty_dread wrote:You have made good progress... One can see your graphical skills are starting to develop. Even if this map doesn't make it, it doesn't matter, you will have made lots of valuable experience to use in your next project.

As for the map... the forests look great. But overall the map is still a bit too dark...

This map looks light on my laptop... i loaded it on to flickr on the desktop at the hotel here and it was dark... wonder why this is... I will try to lighten it up more...

As for the map making it, we hope it makes it! Besides the Clan politics (which we seem to be moving foward on...) The game play is starting to come along as more and more ideas come in...

thanks natty for the comments.

-grifftron
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jammyjames on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:29 am

What about IB. :D

Line up to smoke some top clans :D
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby Kabanellas on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:54 am

[quote="grifftron"]
Got some time to mess around with the map last night, I have one question for experienced map makers, are these territories too small for the 888? Let me know, i hope not, and if not i will continue foward in making territories for all clans, just laid out where clans would be and where the castles would be.[quote="grifftron"]

I think the region size is ok...... though you should try the numbers in a small version of this map.

you can find the numbers here:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=48259
Major Kabanellas

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:51 am

Fruitcake wrote:Thanks for thinking about us Blitz.

We''ll pass on this if that's ok.

Fc

griff please take BpB off the map and add L4D, thx m8
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:52 am

Tisha wrote:the layout is looking a lot better than the previous version.. definitely lighten it up a bit, as blitz suggested.

;)

oh and thx for the distraction tisha ;)
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:02 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:A few text alterations are needed.

'DEPLOYED' rather than 'DELPOYED'

'EACH OTHER' rather than 'EACHOTHER'

and possibly a revision to the main body of text

'CC's' looks better than 'CC'S' even when using upper case throughout the text.

Also the word 'chaos' could be removed now that the map has been renamed Clandamonium (no longer Clan Chaos) as it looks rather out of context when you read it now (i.e. it's no longer 'The Battle of Chaos', so that portion could be removed)

Minor things, but all improvements nevertheless :D

yes, you are correct, we are making revisions on those.

Chariot of Fire wrote:Shouldn't it be 'Clandemonium' (with an 'e') being as it's a play on the word 'pandemonium'?

yes
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:05 am

Kabanellas wrote:The more I look at it the more I think that Pinnacle should bombard all Drop Points. It should start with a higher number of neutral troops though.....

Achievable victory conditions (which rarely happen) could bring some inspiring moments to the battles in this map. I would stick to this idea ā€“ some Drop Points + Pinnacle to win.

As for the Clan castles, they should be 8 right? They could be in each border region dividing Clans territories.

The regions within no manā€™s land.. hummm I wouldnā€™t divide it that much.... probably those 3 portal regions bordering 2 inner regions that border the Pinnacle. Btw, I would invest some time on a better looking Pinnacle :) - a Tower maybe......

ok, I will create a new poll as soon as the old poll is deleted.
General Blitzaholic

Re: Clandemonium

Postby Natascha on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:30 pm

seems to me very good map, great idea & settings are all well now.

Luv to play this map & great work griff & blitz.
well done, no comments here.

kus Leia
FBI = Fabulous Body Inside
Sergeant Natascha

Postby grifftron on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Natascha wrote:seems to me very good map, great idea & settings are all well now.

Luv to play this map & great work griff & blitz.
well done, no comments here.

kus Leia

Thanks for the support!

Here is a newer version of the map, I have not yet taken BpB off and added L4D as i just got that PM from Blitz, but i will redo that, and i will add an "e" on the name of the title, i made this pretty light now... is it light enough for everyone?

Click image to enlarge.

Thanks for the info on the 8's i will mess around with those later when i get time and see if they will fit in all territories...

is the "idea" on this getting close to passing or do we have to wait for more support for a "green" light on this map?

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Kabanellas wrote:
grifftron wrote:Got some time to mess around with the map last night, I have one question for experienced map makers, are these territories too small for the 888? Let me know, i hope not, and if not i will continue foward in making territories for all clans, just laid out where clans would be and where the castles would be.
grifftron wrote:
I think the region size is ok...... though you should try the numbers in a small version of this map.

you can find the numbers here:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=48259

I dont know why the 888 is not coming up for me on this link... it says click image on the first post but its an expired image shack link... is there another place i can get the 888 size correct?

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby natty dread on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:13 am

grifftron wrote:is the "idea" on this getting close to passing or do we have to wait for more support for a "green" light on this map?

-griff

You need to submit a design brief -> viewtopic.php?f=63&t=105502

I dont know why the 888 is not coming up for me on this link... it says click image on the first post but its an expired image shack link... is there another place i can get the 888 size correct?

I can upload them, just a sec

here

Postby grifftron on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:39 am

Cool, thanks natty, we will submit this map after we get NM and Pinnacle worked out.

here is a new update of the map, please let us know all comments or ideas everyone...

Click image to enlarge.

edit: i edited the name to Clandemonium, and will be out on next update. Blitz let me know if all clan names on the map are correct?

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby natty dread on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:24 am

The territory borders (the black lines) look a bit crude and pixelated. A handy way to make them look better is to first apply anti-aliasing (or a slight blur with a radius of 1) and then a drop shadow with low opacity, and widening radius of 1.

A few bevel layers on the edges of the land area could help to make it look less flat. Whenever I apply bevels I put them on separate layers. I create multiple bevels with different widths each on their own layer, then adjust the relative opacities of the bevel layers to create a nice smooth gradient.

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:45 pm

AOD is one of the oldest clans still around yet they are a small icon. I would flop them with BSS, who is newer.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby skeletonboy on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:06 pm

At the moment, lets worry about the actual map, the clans can be finalised later.

For deciding the clans, every 3 or 4 months you could hold a clan tournament and the top 8 will get put on the map next update.
Sergeant skeletonboy

Postby Blitzaholic on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm

grifftron wrote:Cool, thanks natty, we will submit this map after we get NM and Pinnacle worked out.

here is a new update of the map, please let us know all comments or ideas everyone...

Click image to enlarge.

edit: i edited the name to Clandemonium, and will be out on next update. Blitz let me know if all clan names on the map are correct?

-griff

yes, those clans are correct and we have all their permission, thx griff
General Blitzaholic

Postby grifftron on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:11 pm

natty_dread wrote:The territory borders (the black lines) look a bit crude and pixelated. A handy way to make them look better is to first apply anti-aliasing (or a slight blur with a radius of 1) and then a drop shadow with low opacity, and widening radius of 1.

A few bevel layers on the edges of the land area could help to make it look less flat. Whenever I apply bevels I put them on separate layers. I create multiple bevels with different widths each on their own layer, then adjust the relative opacities of the bevel layers to create a nice smooth gradient.

Thanks again for the help natty, i will try this for sure. I would love to hear what you think about the layout of the boarders for No Mans Land around pinnacle... still haven't heard many ideas on the layout of NM land and would like to hear more ideas from people before i put down the boarders for it...

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby natty dread on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Well.. some of the territories on Dragoon and BSS look a bit squeezed in. Might not work that well in the small version. You may want to cut back on the number of territories for them. Who says every clan must have the same number of territories, anyway?

For example, BSS pen 2 and 3 are really small. Think about how they'll look in the small version...

Also, +3 for any 2 territories, that's way too much... nobody would want to go for the other bonuses (castles, pinnacle) if you get so much from regular territories.

Also the legend needs to make clear what are drop points and what are castles.

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas