Conquer Club

King's Court 2 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby mc05025 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:08 am

Kabanellas wrote:yes, there should be a bonus for owning a castle and every 2 knights.... and that's not working. (not really sure if that's a needed bonus, now that we're playing without it, btw)

Another thing that's not working, are the objectives..... I'm going to take a look at the XML :?

These bonuses are very important for multiple player games as they pretty much gives an extra advantage to the strongest player. This is very important to avoid stalemates. My personal opinion is to try to increase those bonuses (extra bonuses from a combination of other smaller bonuses)
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:58 am

I corrected the XML - the 'Castle + Knights' bonus was missing. As for the Objectives, apparently it's everything alright. I must have made some kind of confusion...

http://www.freewebs.com/kabanellas/KC2_Version2.2.xml
Major Kabanellas

Postby Culs De Sac on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:23 am

Kabanellas wrote:
Culs De Sac wrote:Is super sizing this map a necessity.. I find it rather tedious that this new feature is being implemented on maps.. We already have a size function for those who want to use it.. Such large maps make it cumbersome to view the map, the log, and player keys on the same screen w/o having to scroll.

On this case I just couldn't make it smaller than the small version. To hold the features I wanted, plus 10 starting positions/Castles with a fairly generous distance between them, no way I could do it with the standard size I used on the first King's Court...

Fair enough. Any chance you can cut the size down just a tad? Not exactly supersize but not normal either.. While use BoB, You can't use the map inspect function because you can't see the results as you inspect the top of the map while the log shows at the bottom..
Major Culs De Sac

Postby natty dread on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 pm

I think the map's size is fine as it is. If you're having problems try zooming out in your browser.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:24 pm

..and even if doable (which I doubt, because the hexes with the features + armies + region names on them are already quite small on the smaller version) would represent an insane amount of work. I'd have to relocate all army numbers to fit a smaller size. That means relocating 335 regions all over again :sick:
Major Kabanellas

Postby Culs De Sac on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Kabanellas wrote:..and even if doable (which I doubt, because the hexes with the features + armies + region names on them are already quite small on the smaller version) would represent an insane amount of work. I'd have to relocate all army numbers to fit a smaller size. That means relocating 335 regions all over again :sick:

only 335.. that's not so bad.. but okie dokie..thanks
Major Culs De Sac

Postby chapcrap on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Kab, what about

chapcrap wrote:You are right about who the court members are, but I think it needs to be clearer. Also, where the objective is stated, it says objectives... that should probably just say objective, since there is only 1.

??
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:15 pm

chapcrap wrote:Kab, what about

chapcrap wrote:You are right about who the court members are, but I think it needs to be clearer. Also, where the objective is stated, it says objectives... that should probably just say objective, since there is only 1.

??

Maybe you should recheck the map. I found the information in 2 seconds. :D
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Kabanellas on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:16 am

??

I really think that those court members are quite perceptible, being that the Court is the center rectangle... As for the objectives thing.. Not quite sure about it in English, but in Portuguese we could go either way (single vs plural). The way I see it, there are multiple objectives (plural) that you have to accomplish to win: King + Knights + Castles + Nobles 8-)
Major Kabanellas

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Is there a reason why the graphics for this map are so huge? I would like it if I could toggle it smaller... I don't like it taking up so much space... and I was so excited about this map :/
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby chapcrap on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:

??

It doesn't clearly say it anywhere... Nice try.

Kab, in English, I think that objective would be more clear than objectives. However, I don't think that objectives is the worst thing ever.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby natty dread on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:Is there a reason why the graphics for this map are so huge? I would like it if I could toggle it smaller... I don't like it taking up so much space... and I was so excited about this map :/

You can, just press ctrl - (minus sign) in your browser.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Kabanellas on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:16 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:Is there a reason why the graphics for this map are so huge? I would like it if I could toggle it smaller... I don't like it taking up so much space... and I was so excited about this map :/

I use the small version to play this one :)

like I've said before, I couldn't go below that size (940px Ɨ 1.097px - small version) to include everything I wanted for this map (hexes with all the info on them including army numbers, font size, etc). The larger version is redundant though, I give you that...
Major Kabanellas

Postby Gillipig on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:13 am

Kabanellas wrote:

I use the small version to play this one :)

like I've said before, I couldn't go below that size (940px Ɨ 1.097px - small version) to include everything I wanted for this map (hexes with all the info on them including army numbers, font size, etc). The larger version is redundant though, I give you that...

My screen just isn't big enough for the large version. The small version is the equivalent of a large version.
Has anyone tried playing this map on a phone? Would be interesting to know if someone has.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:19 am

natty dread wrote:

You can, just press ctrl - (minus sign) in your browser.

Or ctrl + mouse scroll if you have a mouse that you can scroll with.This is on windows of course. On a mac I think it's ctr+alt + mouse scroll but I'm not sure.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:53 am

The small one is even too large for my screen. I guess I can zoom out 5 times when I wanna play... lol.

Another note, could you maybe darken the "roads" between the villages and mines? and also the hex borders? I think both those would be good for clarification
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:51 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

??

Kab, in English, I think that objective would be more clear than objectives. However, I don't think that objectives is the worst thing ever.

Top left corner.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Kabanellas on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:26 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:The small one is even too large for my screen. I guess I can zoom out 5 times when I wanna play... lol.

Another note, could you maybe darken the "roads" between the villages and mines? and also the hex borders? I think both those would be good for clarification

I could do that..especially the hex borders part. :)
Major Kabanellas

Postby sure on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:26 pm

the game isn't paying out single or combinations for holding 2 knights & 2 castle.
Colonel sure

Postby chapcrap on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:58 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

??

Top left corner.

You mean where is says The Council and then lists the 5 council members and not the entire court? Yeah, I guess I was wrong when I said nice try. Bad try.

When will the XML fix with the castles/knights take effect?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:13 am

I already warned nobodies about it. We're probably waiting for lack to update it.
Major Kabanellas

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:37 am

There are some issues/points that i'd like to focus concerning gameplay.

-Should the neutral starters on the King (6) be higher or lower? or are they fine as they are.
    -Should the negative effects (-5) be higher or lower when holding a Castle and the King? or are they fine as they are.
    -And what about the positive effects of owning the King? are those bonus too high?
    -Should the neutral starters on the Councelours (4) be higher or lower? or are they fine.
    -Are the neutral starters (4) on catapults too high? And the ones on the Trebuchet (4) ? - on King's Court we have 3 neutral starters on both
Major Kabanellas

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Kabanellas wrote:There are some issues/points that i'd like to focus concerning gameplay.

-Should the neutral starters on the King (6) be higher or lower? or are they fine as they are.
    -Should the negative effects (-5) be higher or lower when holding a Castle and the King? or are they fine as they are.
    -And what about the positive effects of owning the King? are those bonus too high?
    -Should the neutral starters on the Councelours (4) be higher or lower? or are they fine.
    -Are the neutral starters (4) on catapults too high? And the ones on the Trebuchet (4) ? - on King's Court we have 3 neutral starters on both

Personally I think that the King is fine at 6... however the negative effects seem a little insane... I would put it at -3 at highest I think. I think that catapults could be lower like in Kings Court... however in this game they are much more effective and useful than in the older one... trebuchets should probably stay as they are in my opinion.

Have you darkened the hexes yet? :D They could still be darker imho... the roads look fine now though :)
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Genaraln7 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Wow great work Kabanellas, i loved the old map but this is just wonderful:P

One more suggestion the borders and roads are a littel to light and hard to see but so are also the lords signs especially the one in the top right corner;).

and i think ive found a smal bug with bob on this map:
Under the game time i see the folowing; Objective Summary Emperor ==> The King(?)
This shoud be; Objective hold the king, 6 castels, nobels and knights.

right?

Im only just starting my first game on this map so this is all i have for now.

Good luck on the final touches,

Genaraln7
Once these were fertile farmlands, soon your blood will make them fertile again.
Lieutenant Genaraln7

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:55 pm

I also think the castles should be lower nuetral.... like 5 or 6 instead of 8
Major Swimmerdude99

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas