Conquer Club

WWII Pearl Harbor - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby rebelman on Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:47 am

cairnswk wrote:
rebelman wrote:
Coleman wrote:They are supposed to but either we didn't put the bombardment code in right or the bombardment code isn't working at all. I have no idea which it is.

glad to hear it coleman, i still think the map is class but this would hugely enhance its closeness to reality. Are ye still planning on doing this or has it been scrapped because of this programming issue ?

rebelman... all the code should be working now...it is in the game i am in with lackattack...no preferential treatment there of course. 8)

well you are also in the game im playing !! 8) just thinking this may be a BOB related issue, maybe its just BOB that doesn't know i can use my aa
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby cairnswk on Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:06 pm

rebelman wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
rebelman wrote:
Coleman wrote:They are supposed to but either we didn't put the bombardment code in right or the bombardment code isn't working at all. I have no idea which it is.

glad to hear it coleman, i still think the map is class but this would hugely enhance its closeness to reality. Are ye still planning on doing this or has it been scrapped because of this programming issue ?

rebelman... all the code should be working now...it is in the game i am in with lackattack...no preferential treatment there of course. 8)

well you are also in the game im playing !! 8) just thinking this may be a BOB related issue, maybe its just BOB that doesn't know i can use my aa

perhaps that is the case. i don't use Bob so i wouldn't know. :wink:
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby rebelman on Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:55 pm

it is bob it does not recognise the aa attacks nor the airplane partial group bonuses
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby BeakerWMA on Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:28 pm

Can the UP Hangar attack Hanger A?
Thanks and is there any way to check this on my own?
I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.
Captain BeakerWMA

Postby yeti_c on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:35 am

You can check all the images and XML data for any and all maps here...

http://www.conquerclub.com/maps

Alternatively the Greasemonkey script BOB does have code to help you with things like this - however you need to turn Ajax off for this to work - so I recommend waiting for the new BOB to come out with AJAX compatible code.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:39 am

rebelman wrote:it is bob it does not recognise the aa attacks nor the airplane partial group bonuses

That's to be expected - BOB was written before the new XML changes and hasn't been updated to take them into account (YET).

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cairnswk on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:52 am

rebelman wrote:it is bob it does not recognise the aa attacks nor the airplane partial group bonuses

mmmm...rebelman, that's pleasing for me, but disappointing for you of course.
Perhaps you can contact Bob's creator and advise of new code needed. :wink:
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:54 am

BeakerWMA wrote:Can the UP Hangar attack Hanger A?
Thanks and is there any way to check this on my own?

UP Hangar shouldn't be able to attack Hangar A...and if you own one of them, try and attack the other. If the xml is correct, then you should get an "illegal move" message and nothing will happen with your attack i beleive. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:56 am

yeti_c wrote:You can check all the images and XML data for any and all maps here...

http://www.conquerclub.com/maps

Alternatively the Greasemonkey script BOB does have code to help you with things like this - however you need to turn Ajax off for this to work - so I recommend waiting for the new BOB to come out with AJAX compatible code.

C.

Thanks Yeti_C for offering that explanation.... :D
Private cairnswk

Postby Gilligan on Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:36 am

With the AA Attacks...Why did they turn Neutral? Can I not conquer them?

Also, it says on the map. until you get all of the Planes, the "2 Planes" and "4 Planes" bonus goes away. It doesn't, in 862354 Blue has a +14 when it should be 7...
Captain Gilligan

Postby Wisse on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:27 am

Gilligan wrote:With the AA Attacks...Why did they turn Neutral? Can I not conquer them?

Also, it says on the map. until you get all of the Planes, the "2 Planes" and "4 Planes" bonus goes away. It doesn't, in 862354 Blue has a +14 when it should be 7...

they do bombard them ofcores,

an explanation:
i shoot with a canon on your house then it kills you but would that mean i get there in an instance? no (this was an explanation not reallife so no offence)
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby BeakerWMA on Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:30 pm

Thanks for the info.
I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.
Captain BeakerWMA

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:09 am

Wisse wrote:
Gilligan wrote:With the AA Attacks...Why did they turn Neutral? Can I not conquer them?

they do bombard them ofcores,

an explanation:
i shoot with a canon on your house then it kills you but would that mean i get there in an instance? no (this was an explanation not reallife so no offence)

Thanks

No offense taken :wink:
Captain Gilligan

Pearl Harbor

Postby SarumanRingLord on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:25 am

the lack of neutral territories = very unbalanced odds with 4 - players on that ma, because some will always start with alot of planes :?
Sergeant SarumanRingLord

Re: Pearl Harbor

Postby unriggable on Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:31 pm

SarumanRingLord wrote:the lack of neutral territories = very unbalanced odds with 4 - players on that ma, because some will always start with alot of planes :?

I agree - make at least half the planes neutral.
Cook unriggable

Postby cairnswk on Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:17 pm

Sorry guys, it isn't going to happen, unelss there is a total outcry from the network.

Why would want to take the planes out of action when that is the reality of the situation of what happened at Pearl. The US got wiped!
Private cairnswk

Postby orion_ on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:21 pm

cairnswk wrote:Sorry guys, it isn't going to happen, unelss there is a total outcry from the network.

Why would want to take the planes out of action when that is the reality of the situation of what happened at Pearl. The US got wiped!

No, not take them out of action. Make more of them neutral. I've played two games thus far on this map. In one game I got insane bonuses on the 1st turn and am about to wipe everyone out on 4th. In second, if not for someone else's smart move(and with help from an +6 aircraft bonus on 1st turn) I would have had a +7 bonus of the 1st turn just from aircraft!

Otherwise, great job on a great map! :D
Corporal 1st Class orion_

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:53 pm

Largest Bonus possible for first person to move?

I could be wrong but I believe you start with 14 or 15 territories.

If this is the case you could have the following situation and be nearly invincible:

Start with 6 planes [5 not hittable by AA guns] (Z1 and Z2, V1 and V2, K5 and Kx); the 4 AA guns; and either the 4 Cruisers or 4 SP Tenders.

For 14 Terrs this would start you off with 21 armies as soon as the game was initialized !!!

You could shoot down anyone else's aircraft bonuses and deploy to take Nevada (Z1 and Z2) and Arizona (K5). That would be tight.

This isn't as bad as the best possible placement for AoM [4 Terrs (Match Pairs, Market, and a Port) on each of 4 Islands] + Dorata (and a Market and Port on a 5th island). Since you start with 19 terrs, this would give you 43 armies to start !!!
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby RjBeals on Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:15 pm

cairnswk your maps are always so intimidating at first glance, but after they are figured out, they play great. Another one for that list. You (along with a couple others) have taken making maps to a new level. I'm glad you found CC.
Private RjBeals

Postby cairnswk on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:45 am

RjBeals wrote:cairnswk your maps are always so intimidating at first glance, but after they are figured out, they play great. Another one for that list. You (along with a couple others) have taken making maps to a new level. I'm glad you found CC.

RjBeals...thanks for your post on PH here. Appreciate your comments.
Are yo-u sure you didn't mean this post though to be on Battle of Actium....it is the latest quenched....PH was quenched some time ago.
Private cairnswk

Postby RjBeals on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:37 am

No - PH. I've just been slow to read / comment on these maps. :wink: and I've had 0 active games for a few weeks now, so I haven't been keeping up with the quenching.

BaC is a great map as well - but I guess I picked the older map to comment in. Yes that's intimidating as well - as is Egypt and especially Rail USA, but all are so unique and fun to play. Just keep doing what your doing. If you're in school - don't graduate and get a real job... If your single, don't date! If you smoke weed or drink - don't get sober!! and so on. You've already found your calling in life.. :lol:
Private RjBeals

Postby cairnswk on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:53 am

RjBeals wrote:No - PH. I've just been slow to read / comment on these maps. :wink: and I've had 0 active games for a few weeks now, so I haven't been keeping up with the quenching.

BaC is a great map as well - but I guess I picked the older map to comment in. Yes that's intimidating as well - as is Egypt and especially Rail USA, but all are so unique and fun to play. Just keep doing what your doing.
Thanks.

If you're in school - don't graduate and get a real job

Sorry, got a real job, accounting.

If your single, don't date!

Yes still single!

If you smoke weed or drink - don't get sober!! and so on.

Started smoking at 15 but gave up several yrs ago, same with weed, same with drink.

What is there left to do....MAKE MAPS??? :wink:

Oh, i forgot the Spices of LIfe...still have them :lol: :lol: :lol:
Private cairnswk

Postby TipTop on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:26 pm

I have to agree with some of the other comments made here about the bonus's. They are too generous and easy to attain from the start.

I have played 2 games on this map so far. One a six player standard and the other a 5 player standard and in both games there have been players deploying 10-11 armies from the start while others only have 3-4.

Bonus's should be earned not handed to you on a lucky drop. It's like you are in a 100m race and one of your rivals is given a 10m head start. It is a pointless contest.

It's a shame because I love the art work on this map. There has obviously been a lot of time and care gone into it but the bonus's ruin it for me.

My suggestions would be either to make the bonus's smaller and harder to attain ie. 2 bonus for holding 3 planes, 1 bonus for holding 2 AA guns or start the map with all planes and AA guns held by neutral armies.

A fair contest should be even at the start. Make players earn their bonus's!
Captain TipTop

Postby cairnswk on Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:41 pm

TipTop wrote:I have to agree with some of the other comments made here about the bonus's. They are too generous and easy to attain from the start.

I have played 2 games on this map so far. One a six player standard and the other a 5 player standard and in both games there have been players deploying 10-11 armies from the start while others only have 3-4.

Bonus's should be earned not handed to you on a lucky drop. It's like you are in a 100m race and one of your rivals is given a 10m head start. It is a pointless contest.

It's a shame because I love the art work on this map. There has obviously been a lot of time and care gone into it but the bonus's ruin it for me.

My suggestions would be either to make the bonus's smaller and harder to attain ie. 2 bonus for holding 3 planes, 1 bonus for holding 2 AA guns or start the map with all planes and AA guns held by neutral armies.

A fair contest should be even at the start. Make players earn their bonus's!

hulmey wrote:bonus's are way to high anyway lol....player in my game started with3 aeroplanes from the off!!!

It_oddball wrote:Also the chances are very big that 1 or 2 players have two airplanes in a group which gives them a huge bonus advantage which is very difficult to take away in the first turn (a plane can only be taken away by taking its connecting ship away).

So please add more neutral armies at the start of the map.
Most notably in the airplanes areas !!

SarumanRingLOrd wrote:the lack of neutral territories = very unbalanced odds with 4 - players on that ma, because some will always start with alot of planes

orion wrote:No, not take them out of action. Make more of them neutral. I've played two games thus far on this map. In one game I got insane bonuses on the 1st turn and am about to wipe everyone out on 4th. In second, if not for someone else's smart move(and with help from an +6 aircraft bonus on 1st turn) I would have had a +7 bonus of the 1st turn just from aircraft!

Aerial attack wrote:Largest Bonus possible for first person to move?

I could be wrong but I believe you start with 14 or 15 territories.

If this is the case you could have the following situation and be nearly invincible:

Start with 6 planes [5 not hittable by AA guns] (Z1 and Z2, V1 and V2, K5 and Kx); the 4 AA guns; and either the 4 Cruisers or 4 SP Tenders.

For 14 Terrs this would start you off with 21 armies as soon as the game was initialized !!!

You could shoot down anyone else's aircraft bonuses and deploy to take Nevada (Z1 and Z2) and Arizona (K5). That would be tight.

TipTop.
Above, after a search, are the poeple who have posted about the aircraft bonus.

That's only 6 people. Whether the other players don't care or not, or are happy with the way the game plays now, i don't know.

But if i can, after I have done some more research I will reply further to your post. :)
Private cairnswk

V43 Update

Postby cairnswk on Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:31 am

I have had a few PMs regarding players not understanding the Bombardment.

Therefore I have adjusted the instructions regarding these on the map.

Small V43

Large V43

Image links

Small
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... urV43S.jpg

Large
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... urV43L.jpg
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas