Conquer Club

[Notif] Game Nicknames

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Notif] Game Nicknames

Postby rearden888 on Mon May 21, 2012 12:42 am

Concise description:
  • Game Nicknames

Specifics/Details:
  • Allow players to nickname games so that particular games are easier to identify in notification emails.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Like most people, some games are more important to me than others. Team games in particular often have special interest. Just having the game numbers in notification emails makes it hard to determine which game has a turn available. If a player could nickname a game when a he or she joins, it would make the emails more useful. Also, it could benefit those who play many games at the same time, and on the same map, making it easier to see at a glance if interesting games are up.
Cadet rearden888

Re: Game Nicknames

Postby squishyg on Mon May 21, 2012 3:54 pm

me likey. this would be useful for account sitting too.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby chapcrap on Mon May 21, 2012 5:18 pm

I already nickname all my games.

This one I nicknamed whore: Game 10427813
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed May 23, 2012 2:37 pm

So would a player be able to edit the game title? Would only the first player (the maker) be able to do this? All players? Would all players be allowed to have separate nicknames?

Would you be happy with just having the notification e-mails include the Game type (Std, Ass, Dubs, etc.) and the map?
Colonel agentcom

Naming Games in the 'My Games' list

Postby slankz on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Concise description:
  • On the 'My Games' page, I want the ability to give nick-names for some of the games I am playing. These would be private names that only I can see - not the other players. For example, I have 7 games using the Eurasia map going. It is difficult to know which game is which. If I could give quick nick-names such as 'Western Europe', 'Mongolia', or even 'top right' it would help me to know which game is which without having to enter the game to see.

Specifics/Details:
  • A editable field on the 'My Games' page located below the game # and above the 'Enter Game' link.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Make it easier for everyone to identify the different games in their list.
Major slankz

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby slankz on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:51 pm

i got merged lol
I didn't think this was the same topic since I was not talking about email notifications but I guess it would make since that the nickname I give a game would show in the email too.
Major slankz

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:57 pm

I considered the core of the idea to be the same:
"A private label that users can place on game in order to be able to tell them apart easier."
Captain spiesr

Postby slankz on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:09 pm

very logical.
Major slankz

Postby slankz on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:14 pm

so what happens with this request? Is it reviewed by group or does it just sit here and die since it doesn't have tons of posts about it?
Major slankz

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:32 pm

slankz wrote:so what happens with this request? Is it reviewed by group or does it just sit here and die since it doesn't have tons of posts about it?

The original suggestion needs to be a little more thought out in the manner that it would work.

I would support letting game labels be used for all games and not just tournaments. I think that's basically what you're wanting. Is this is the same as what you want: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143590 ?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby slankz on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:56 pm

No, this is not what I want.
Actually, I was just looking for private labels for myself to use to reference the games that I am in. Nobody else would see these labels. For example, I am in 10 games of Eurasia and would like to label one of them "top left" and another "red on right"...
My post got grouped in with rearden's post from last year. IMHO, I thought my post was mostly well thought out lol
Major slankz

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:50 pm

slankz wrote:No, this is not what I want.
Actually, I was just looking for private labels for myself to use to reference the games that I am in. Nobody else would see these labels. For example, I am in 10 games of Eurasia and would like to label one of them "top left" and another "red on right"...
My post got grouped in with rearden's post from last year. IMHO, I thought my post was mostly well thought out lol

Oh, I get what you're saying.

Well, I think it would take some more support than just a couple of people. If ideas are something that people really like, they'll say something. If they really hate it, they'll say something. For this, most are quiet, so it's probably some indifference to it. That's pretty much how I feel. I don't care about this, but I wouldn't be mad if it was implemented.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Suggestions