Conquer Club

[GO] HQ / Capital Game Type

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Capital

Postby sniffie on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:20 am

What you'r saying is a whole new map with some sort of game play like my suggestion, i am only talking about the new gameplay.
And would it only be XML? manual deployment is programming, assasin is programming so this could also be done with programming.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby Natascha on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:47 am

der sniffter wrote:Concise description:
  • At the beginning of this type of game, the players choose one territory that is their "capital". On maps like Feudal War, this territory is obvious. The player's capital must be defended at all cost, because without it the player will be eliminated from the game. His armies will remain on the board and the player can still be killed for points in Terminator games.

Specifics/Details:
  • The capital is worth no bonus on its own (unless the map says otherwise) and is used as a normal territory. It is part of the bonus area it is in.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It would add a new kind of gameplay that can be used with all existing gameplays (cards, forts, etc.). It wouldn't take that much extra programming for Lack, because it is somewhat similar to an assassin game.

Any kind of feedback is welcome.

Sniff

I agree with sniffie
FBI = Fabulous Body Inside
Sergeant Natascha

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:22 am

der sniffter wrote:What you'r saying is a whole new map with some sort of game play like my suggestion, i am only talking about the new gameplay.
And would it only be XML? manual deployment is programming, assasin is programming so this could also be done with programming.

sniff

From my knowledge, it's XML, because it would be the XML that recognizes that you no longer hold your "castle" so to speak, which would cause you to lose. Then again, I'm not big on coding/XML, so I could be wrong.

One thing about this, I feel as if this could cause some pretty short games for users, as the first player attacks another's castle first turn and they are instantly out because of it.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Qwert on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:39 am

if i understand correctly-sniffer try to present new type of gameplay,similar like assasin, but instead that you have one target,you have 7 possible target(in 8 player game).
So for example if i take to play Europe 1914 in begining i get random decide Capital Belorussia,and if someone other kill these territory ,im out of game ,no matter if i have several territory more. These new gametype can be apply for all maps.
Its these what you suggest?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby sniffie on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:18 pm

qwert wrote:if i understand correctly-sniffer try to present new type of gameplay,similar like assasin, but instead that you have one target,you have 7 possible target(in 8 player game).
So for example if i take to play Europe 1914 in begining i get random decide Capital Belorussia,and if someone other kill these territory ,im out of game ,no matter if i have several territory more. These new gametype can be apply for all maps.

It is somewhat like assasin but with this type of game you cannot use all your armies to eliminate another player, because you also have to defend your own Capital.
Each player is allowed to choose his/her own Capital just like manual deployment gametype.
And yes, if you loose your Capital you are eliminated nomather you have other territs./bonusses.
This gametype can be applied to all maps.

TheForgivenOne wrote:One thing about this, I feel as if this could cause some pretty short games for users, as the first player attacks another's castle first turn and they are instantly out because of it.

Not much difference from speed doodle assasin, some games last 5 seconds, the shortest ever was 3 seconds if i recall correctly

Greetz sniff

Postby frankiebee on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Would be fun with nuclear spoils, Player A has 48 territories, and it's player B's turn with 1 territory and 3 cards, he cashes in...
Colonel frankiebee

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:26 pm

der sniffter wrote:
qwert wrote:if i understand correctly-sniffer try to present new type of gameplay,similar like assasin, but instead that you have one target,you have 7 possible target(in 8 player game).

It is somewhat like assasin but with this type of game you cannot use all your armies to eliminate another player, because you also have to defend your own Capital.
Each player is allowed to choose his/her own Capital just like manual deployment gametype.
And yes, if you loose your Capital you are eliminated nomather you have other territs./bonusses.
This gametype can be applied to all maps.

TheForgivenOne wrote:One thing about this, I feel as if this could cause some pretty short games for users, as the first player attacks another's castle first turn and they are instantly out because of it.

Not much difference from speed doodle assasin, some games last 5 seconds, the shortest ever was 3 seconds if i recall correctly

Greetz sniff

Shortest was 7 seconds I think.

And yes, this happens on on type of game setting. But this only happens on 1 map, Doodle Earth. Your suggestion could be worked into basically every map on CC. See the difference?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 am

this is a very interesting concept that imo would work on every map

it could drastically shorten some 1v1 games if someone flukes a win against a capital first turn but that would be part of the charm

assassin games would be interesting because sometimes you need to go through an opponent or break their bonus but if that terit was their capital :shock:

terminator games would be the same as now when someone deadbeats, their terits remain coloured and whoever eliminates those gets the points, otherwise the game's eventual winner does

nuke games could become dangerous but only 3+ rounds in

=D> =D> =D>

when can we get this implemented as a game option ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:43 am

"when can we get this implemented as a game option ?"
well,these can be implemented very soon, only need to waith 2-3 years ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 am

Would we know their capitals beforehand? Or would this be a secret?

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby sniffie on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 am

qwert wrote:"when can we get this implemented as a game option ?"

Guess you are right about this :D But still I wanted to give it a try, maybe if more people react to this forum things will go a bit quicker (only 18 months waiting ;) )

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Would we know their capitals beforehand? Or would this be a secret?

-TG

Offcourse with fog of war you won't be able to see another players Capital unless you are next to it but i should be designated on the map. And if it changes that is not, people will make sure it is defended so that would be another way to notice it.

Greetz sniff

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:22 am

qwert wrote:"when can we get this implemented as a game option ?"

it is late at night here, i am drunk and i laughed out loud

if only it wasn't true :(
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:58 am

FYI, adding the phrase "it wouldn't take that much programming" is the best way to get a programmer to ignore your request.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:48 pm

"FYI, adding the phrase "it wouldn't take that much programming" is the best way to get a programmer to ignore your request."
lol, add or no add phrase,you still need to waith 2-3 years. Withouth to-do list,you dont know what its next for implementation, and when will be something upgrade into site, so you can only waith ,and waith.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby sniffie on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:52 pm

is that the reason we should stop trying?

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:02 pm

you ask me?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 pm

qwert wrote:"FYI, adding the phrase "it wouldn't take that much programming" is the best way to get a programmer to ignore your request."
lol, add or no add phrase,you still need to waith 2-3 years. Withouth to-do list,you dont know what its next for implementation, and when will be something upgrade into site, so you can only waith ,and waith.

Even with the *To-Do* List, nobody knew what was going to be implemented next.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby JBlombier on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:31 am

I like the gameplay as an option. You'd have to set different priorities for yourself than in other games. If a player wishes to try this option on Nuclear, to have a little game of Russian Roulette, that's that player's decision. I can't think of any maps in which this wouldn't be possible.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:34 am

I like the idea a lot. It might make for some very long drawn out standard and team games, as players will bulk up a lot of defense on and around their capital. However it seems like it could also make very quick games, since some might deploy immediately and attack the capital (that is assuming the capital is known to all in a sunny game---I'm still not clear on that). Seems like it could make Terminator games go by extremely quick. All in all, I think it could add some different strategy to the games.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:36 pm

its suggestion is a good one. In fact at least one map uses a similar principle. the christmas map, where you can get killed when you run out of advent places... i think its an 8 player assassin style terminator game.
i support this suggestion
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:03 pm

SirSebstar wrote:its suggestion is a good one. In fact at least one map uses a similar principle. the christmas map, where you can get killed when you run out of advent places... i think its an 8 player assassin style terminator game.
i support this suggestion

This has already been implemented on the "map" side, that is, maps can be created with capitals. However, there's nothing in place to play this style on existing "non-capital" maps.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Catarah on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:05 am

i'm not sure if i'm a fan of this option. too much of this play style will depend on luck in my opinion. either luck with the drop, luck they dont know where your capital is, or luck you shoot down someones cacpital without knowing it.

i like the way it is now better, with specific maps being made with capitals, instead of allowing yet another option which i doubt will be played too often...
Captain Catarah

Postby sniffie on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Catarah wrote:i'm not sure if i'm a fan of this option. too much of this play style will depend on luck in my opinion. either luck with the drop, luck they dont know where your capital is, or luck you shoot down someones cacpital without knowing it.

i like the way it is now better, with specific maps being made with capitals, instead of allowing yet another option which i doubt will be played too often...

hi catarah, If you do not like this option than you don't. Seems pretty simple to me.
Also, thank you for displaying the first "negative" feedback on this post. As soon as I posted it, (special thanks to Jblombier for the english language and the format!!!!) I knew there where people around here that where going to dislike this option, but you where the first to speak out. I hope the suggestion gets trough (in like 2 years) and I am able to make it a pleasure for you.

I hope I have made myself clear that I understand you are against this option but that I don't take it personal.

Greetz sniff

Postby JPcelticfc on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 pm

It would be great with manuel deployment!!
Captain JPcelticfc

Postby VOC on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:09 am

I like the id sniff
Major VOC

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions