Conquer Club

New Recruit of the Month

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

New Recruit of the Month

Postby _sabotage_ on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:31 am

As the section for most improved player of the month exists, there should be a Rookie of the Month.

New Recruits get their own monthly leader board. This might engage new recruits more, have them more active in games, buy premium to play more games and be more likely to stay on the site.
Metsfanmax
Killing a human should not be worse than killing a pig.

It never ceases to amaze me just how far people will go to defend their core beliefs.
Captain _sabotage_

Re: New Recruit of the Month

Postby Domination_44 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:29 pm

I really like this idea
Sergeant 1st Class Domination_44

Postby riskllama on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:03 pm

yep, it's a gooder.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby riskllama on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:04 pm

maybe the winner could receive 90 days free premium?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Gabriel13 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:15 pm

Well, they would have to remove that whole "25 games minimum" thing :P I feel like people may try to abuse it if it's 90 days free premium. (Multis)
Cook Gabriel13

Postby riskllama on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:26 am

30 days might be better...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby _sabotage_ on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:32 am

The prizes could be many. I remember seeing Kas, our conqueror, volunteering his services. A lesson from the conqueror? That would be complicated and depend on the willingness of the current conqueror.

Abuse happens as it is. The prize doesn't need to be one that encourages abuse. The uniqueness of gaining a rookie of the month award may in itself be attractive enough.
Metsfanmax

It never ceases to amaze me just how far people will go to defend their core beliefs.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby clangfield on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 am

_sabotage_ wrote:The prizes could be many. I remember seeing Kas, our conqueror, volunteering his services. A lesson from the conqueror? That would be complicated and depend on the willingness of the current conqueror.

Abuse happens as it is. The prize doesn't need to be one that encourages abuse. The uniqueness of gaining a rookie of the month award may in itself be attractive enough.

Maybe the top contenders should be checked automatically for multiness until one is found who is proven not to be a multi?
Maybe also don't announce this to existing members (no newsletter, banner page etc), so it doesn't tempt those who don't read the forum... :idea:
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:31 am

clangfield wrote:
_sabotage_ wrote:The prizes could be many. I remember seeing Kas, our conqueror, volunteering his services. A lesson from the conqueror? That would be complicated and depend on the willingness of the current conqueror.

Maybe the top contenders should be checked automatically for multiness until one is found who is proven not to be a multi?
Maybe also don't announce this to existing members (no newsletter, banner page etc), so it doesn't tempt those who don't read the forum... :idea:

People who read the newsletter are mainly active forum-goers too, so there's no chance that it would be unknown to them for long.

I would say, on the other hand, that it should be announced in the newsletter, and in fact could be a regular monthly feature there.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby _sabotage_ on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:44 am

clangfield wrote:

I think most of the benefits would be through the public recognition of the board.

It may prove a recruiting ground for clans, perhaps articles in the newsletter not just posting the placing, but maybe even the occasional new recruit profile/interview. Maybe the community's choice award for the new recruit with the most votes. Maybe a 1-1 tournament for all new recruits who completed 50 games that month.

Any venue that provides a platform for interaction and recognition of new players is good in my books. A secret venue would not serve the purpose, neither would multis constantly saturating the leaderboard, but I'm sure there are a few guys who would look into and report any abuses.
Metsfanmax

Captain _sabotage_

Return to Suggestions