Conquer Club

[GO] Constant (Very Flat) Rate Spoils

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: "Fixed" Card Bonus

Postby greenoaks on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:48 pm

i think 6 would be a better figure than 4

and rename this thread Fixed Spoils
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: "Fixed" Card Bonus

Postby Darwins_Bane on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:38 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:Bump ;)

Don't bump a thread unless you have something to contribute please.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Re: Fixed Spoils

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Darwins_Bane wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:Bump ;)

Don't bump a thread unless you have something to contribute please.

Alrighty then, I'll address some FAQs/arguments for this spoils option:

• Arguments for the option
    -Reduces the luck factor of spoils, yet still allows players to get a boost of troops
    -Provides another option in the Spoils department, thus creating more diversity between games
  • FAQs
    Q1: How many troops will I get for a cash?
    A1: That will be discussed later down the road, once this is submitted. (I will probably post a poll then)
    Q2: What makes this any different from Flat Rate?
    A2: Flat Rate gives out troops based on what color set you have (4 for red, 6 for green, 8 for blue, 10 for one of each) while all color sets in Fixed will be the same (X for red, green, blue, or one of each).
    Q3: If you want to "reduce the luck factor", why don't you just play No Spoils?
    A3: Fixed allows for players to get a troop bonus, which is much different from getting no troops at all. Fixed would give the losing guy more of a fighting chance than No Spoils would. Now, you might say, "Well the winning guy would get the same bonus of troops soon after," but the percentage of troops relative to each player's current bonus is very different. Think of it this way: 10 troops for 5 territories is a lot better than 10 troops for 20 territories.
    Q4: I would never play this option, so why submit it at all?
    A4: Others do, and implementing this would not mean that you'd have to play with this setting at all, though I'd encourage you to give it a chance.
Hope this helped, everyone! Comments are greatly appreciated!!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Nice idea Sully - as discussed above a better option than flat rate - still requires some luck so not as much of a stalemate as no spoils.

I also wonder about the +2 troops on card regions and whether we could have an option to include this or not - maybe that's a seperate suggestion though.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:32 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Nice idea Sully - as discussed above a better option than flat rate - still requires some luck so not as much of a stalemate as no spoils.

I also wonder about the +2 troops on card regions and whether we could have an option to include this or not - maybe that's a seperate suggestion though.

Yeah, probably, but thanks for the comment!
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Real Flat Rate Option

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:03 pm

I am bringing these topics out from the archives. This idea has been suggested 7 times before, and at one point was marked *pending*. I am presuming that is the system they used before we had "Submitted" but the suggestion was never implemented. I want to judge if there is any interest in this. If not, I can move it back to the archives.

The suggestions have been for 4 per set, 7 per set (the current mean cash value), 10 per set and 15 per set.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: New Spoils: Constant (Very Flat) Rate

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:32 pm

I very strongly support this. I don't like escalating games but I like playing for cards. Flat rate has too much luck involved imho so I don't play that either. This would make a nice "in-between" setting and I guarantee I would play it a lot.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby agentcom on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:50 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I am bringing these topics out from the archives. This idea has been suggested 7 times before, and at one point was marked *pending*. I am presuming that is the system they used before we had "Submitted" but the suggestion was never implemented. I want to judge if there is any interest in this. If not, I can move it back to the archives.

The suggestions have been for 4 per set, 7 per set (the current mean cash value), 10 per set and 15 per set.

Yeah, there have been several iterations of what is now the Suggestions Forum. At first it was the same as Bug reports, then the suggestions got moved out, then there was some sort of priority system, then there was Lack's To-Do list, etc., etc.

<Cue cynical comments>

As for the suggestion, it's an interesting idea. I'd probably play it occasionally. I, too, am curious how people feel about it. I feel like there will be two responses: "Meh" or "Hell Yeah." I'm more on the "meh" side, myself.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm

meh for me.

if the setting doesn't blow us away it should not be added. quality control is a good idea, yes i'm looking at you Foundry O:)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:40 pm

greenoaks wrote:meh for me.

if the setting doesn't blow us away it should not be added. quality control is a good idea, yes i'm looking at you Foundry O:)

It does blow me away, to be quite honest. Ever since I started playing here I didn't like playing flat rate for the crazy amount of luck it provides. I've always wanted a constant flat rate option and I would be really excited if this came through. 8-)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby greenoaks on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:04 am

Funkyterrance wrote:

It does blow me away, to be quite honest. Ever since I started playing here I didn't like playing flat rate for the crazy amount of luck it provides. I've always wanted a constant flat rate option and I would be really excited if this came through. 8-)

but it doesn't really alter the way games are played or blow most of us away.

this might be a decent setting but so are many others. it just doesn't stand out like Nukes and Trench did or like Conquest does now.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:37 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

but it doesn't really alter the way games are played or blow most of us away.

this might be a decent setting but so are many others. it just doesn't stand out like Nukes and Trench did or like Conquest does now.

Yeah granted it's not some wild new concept. But fun? I really think it would be. It sounds plain on paper but strategically it would add just as much a new element as say nukes or trench.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: Re-define Flat Rate Bonus or Create New Bonus Type

Postby Fazeem on Thu May 02, 2013 11:26 pm

bump for arguments sake.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189830
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby Fazeem on Thu May 02, 2013 11:29 pm

bump for arguments sake.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189830
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby clangfield on Sat May 04, 2013 4:45 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I am bringing these topics out from the archives. This idea has been suggested 7 times before, and at one point was marked *pending*. I am presuming that is the system they used before we had "Submitted" but the suggestion was never implemented. I want to judge if there is any interest in this. If not, I can move it back to the archives.

I'd echo the vote for 6, or perhaps 9 - being multiples of the 'standard' minimum of 3.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby Fazeem on Sun May 05, 2013 8:17 pm

I am surprised by how ignored this thread has been and the fact that it and the others bumped on this topic have yet to be merged. If I am to gather from what has been posted in one thread the Current administration looks to backpeddling from the previous and are now goingto ignore this option. I personally feel it is a mistake to do so but I can understand how previous supporters her are still current active players are not continuing participate in what was a unfullfilled promise
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed May 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Personally I like 4 per set but I'm also partial to no spoils. Imho the lower the better after 4; I would like for cards to be worthwhile but not feel forced to get a card(escalating already does this).
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Lord_Bremen on Sun May 12, 2013 9:31 pm

This is a good idea. I think it should be set somewhere between 6-8 (or could we have an option to pick when we create the map?). The idea is to take away the luck of the current 'flat rate" system, not to make cards less useful (which 4 would do).
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby greenoaks on Mon May 13, 2013 12:22 am

Lord_Bremen wrote:This is a good idea. I think it should be set somewhere between 6-8 (or could we have an option to pick when we create the map?). The idea is to take away the luck of the current 'flat rate" system, not to make cards less useful (which 4 would do).

why bother giving spoils at all, just automatically credit the players with 6 troops every few turns.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Lord_Bremen on Mon May 13, 2013 1:24 am

greenoaks wrote:
Lord_Bremen wrote:This is a good idea. I think it should be set somewhere between 6-8 (or could we have an option to pick when we create the map?). The idea is to take away the luck of the current 'flat rate" system, not to make cards less useful (which 4 would do).

why bother giving spoils at all, just automatically credit the players with 6 troops every few turns.

Choosing when to use cards is an important part of strategy. I'll often save sets (in flat rate) in case I get attacked and need them to recover, etc.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby agentcom on Wed May 15, 2013 1:39 am

Fazeem wrote:I am surprised by how ignored this thread has been and the fact that it and the others bumped on this topic have yet to be merged. If I am to gather from what has been posted in one thread the Current administration looks to backpeddling from the previous and are now goingto ignore this option. I personally feel it is a mistake to do so but I can understand how previous supporters her are still current active players are not continuing participate in what was a unfullfilled promise

If you find identical suggestions let us know and we'll merge them. Maybe not quite identical ... a suggestion for flat rate should be 5 troops per set could be merged with one that sets the rate at 6 ... but very similar at the least.

I don't know that anyone is backpedaling or breaking promises. The response here seems to be some people like the idea, other people don't think it would add much. That doesn't make for a very strong candidate for implementation.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Wed May 15, 2013 5:23 am

Lord_Bremen wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Choosing when to use cards is an important part of strategy. I'll often save sets (in flat rate) in case I get attacked and need them to recover, etc.

there is very little need to hold onto them as everyone gets the same.

at least in Flat the decision to hold & try for a Rainbow set or cash that Red/Green/Blue set now always comes into play.

Constant offers nothing as holding provides no chance to improve your cash.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed May 15, 2013 8:43 am

greenoaks wrote:
Lord_Bremen wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

at least in Flat the decision to hold & try for a Rainbow set or cash that Red/Green/Blue set now always comes into play.

Unless you can take a territory for the +2?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Lord_Bremen on Wed May 15, 2013 12:36 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Lord_Bremen wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

That's simply not true. I often don't trade in rainbow sets until I have 5 cards and the game forces me. It's stupid to play cards if you don't absolutely need the armies, cause you have no idea where you'll end up needing them, especially with adjacent reinforcing. I'm also much less likely to break someone with 3+ cards, because he might be able to cash and fight back. Plus you need to fortify much more heavily against people who might have cards.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby Fazeem on Wed May 15, 2013 5:52 pm

agentcom wrote:
Fazeem wrote:I am surprised by how ignored this thread has been and the fact that it and the others bumped on this topic have yet to be merged. If I am to gather from what has been posted in one thread the Current administration looks to backpeddling from the previous and are now goingto ignore this option. I personally feel it is a mistake to do so but I can understand how previous supporters her are still current active players are not continuing participate in what was a unfullfilled promise

If you find identical suggestions let us know and we'll merge them. Maybe not quite identical ... a suggestion for flat rate should be 5 troops per set could be merged with one that sets the rate at 6 ... but very similar at the least.

I don't know that anyone is backpedaling or breaking promises. The response here seems to be some people like the idea, other people don't think it would add much. That doesn't make for a very strong candidate for implementation.

viewtopic.php?f=471&t=102718
viewtopic.php?f=471&t=79857
Lieutenant Fazeem

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions