Conquer Club

Make the game more easily accessible on phones

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Make the game more easily accessible on phones

Postby AgentSmith88 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Create a mobile specific site that more easily caters to people playing on phones or tablets (or an app does the same thing i.e. reddit, YouTube,etc)

I’m not a programmer by any means, but this site hasn’t had any major technological upgrades since it’s inception. Most people access the internet most frequently via their smartphones now, especially for things they check on regularly. Not having a mobile friendly version of the site has to be off putting for new players and can’t inspire much confidence. I’m not saying there has to be clicky maps or anything fancy, but the button layouts for drop down menus are almost on top of one another and simple things like turning in spoils are very hard to read. Some simple quality of life changes along these lines could go a long way towards player retention.

1. Making the game easier to play on phones will help attract new players and keep them playing.

2. Proving to the community the site isn’t stuck in 2006 could inspire confidence in leadership.

3. Seriously. How much traffic would the site get if you could find it in the App Store?
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Re: Make the game more easily accessible on phones

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:10 am

inb4 this idea is refused yet again
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:30 pm

imo, this is literally the only way this place can survive...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby zeus111 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:59 am

AgentSmith88 wrote:Create a mobile specific site that more easily caters to people playing on phones or tablets (or an app does the same thing i.e. reddit, YouTube,etc)

I’m not a programmer by any means, but this site hasn’t had any major technological upgrades since it’s inception. Most people access the internet most frequently via their smartphones now, especially for things they check on regularly. Not having a mobile friendly version of the site has to be off putting for new players and can’t inspire much confidence. I’m not saying there has to be clicky maps or anything fancy, but the button layouts for drop down menus are almost on top of one another and simple things like turning in spoils are very hard to read. Some simple quality of life changes along these lines could go a long way towards player retention.

1. Making the game easier to play on phones will help attract new players and keep them playing.

2. Proving to the community the site isn’t stuck in 2006 could inspire confidence in leadership.

3. Seriously. How much traffic would the site get if you could find it in the App Store?

disagree .

i had a power outage mid speed game in baltic crusade recently,i used my phone and it was next to impossible to play . player retention will be next to impossible if we don't address other pressing site issues .currently the site is at an all time low in regards to members actively playing and those numbers are falling daily . i feel as a competitive person by nature we must address the level of play . our multi player games both 24 hour and speed games are literally plagued with dead beats thus creating an extreme drop in the level of games we now play . to try and bring numbers up will be real hard if we sit back and do nothing .

a mobile app may bring players to site sure but we wont retain them under its current condition, currently wait times for speed games if they fill at all are insane, when you factor all the sites players last i checked was 4630 total of that now combine the members current foes list, game wait times are strongly affected .the foe and move on philosophy has literally killed the site . many left site of coarse for dice related issues but now they leave as the competitive draw just is not there ,what i mean is were is the glory in winning a 6 players game with 4 dbs that took 45 mins to 2 hours to fill up this is now the norm on site . the site is so dam cool in its design we get to play a game against players world wide team up in clan wars but its flaws i feel have to be addressed before it tries to bring on new blood and retain 1 percent .

i suggest we remove the foe option in speed games set it up like the tournament format open to all . the site needs a speed game mod coupled with site members addressing the dead-beating issues we currently face . i feel strongly if u db a game you should be unable to play another game on that map settings for 8 hours ect .if the member continues to dead beat stronger measures need to be clearly outlined . this will take some time but sooner or later members will get the clue .

the site has a few draws to entice us to pay to play currently with the level of play we face its now or never as there is not much of a draw to pay for a premium membership . 4600 will soon be under 4000 so on and so on . i don't see a mobile app doing anything personally but can see the few issues that may help keep the 4600 current players from logging off once and for all . who has an hour to wait for games to fill on top of the games length would that not just eat data packages up alone . not to mention there are a lot of insane maps that quite simply you cant play on a cell phone.in closing we need to bring the sites competitive level of game play back to standards then go after more players . the site has the email addresses of all 800000 who at one point logged on to play . i suggest that's a great start .if as low as 1 percent returned that's 8000 players returning tripling current site numbers .

ZEUS111
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby riskllama on Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:05 pm

weren't you leaving, zeke?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:15 pm

riskllama wrote:weren't you leaving, zeke?

You sure you got this?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby AgentSmith88 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:29 pm

zeus111 wrote:
AgentSmith88 wrote:Create a mobile specific site that more easily caters to people playing on phones or tablets (or an app does the same thing i.e. reddit, YouTube,etc)

disagree .

i had a power outage mid speed game in baltic crusade recently,i used my phone and it was next to impossible to play . player retention will be next to impossible if we don't address other pressing site issues .currently the site is at an all time low in regards to members actively playing and those numbers are falling daily . i feel as a competitive person by nature we must address the level of play . our multi player games both 24 hour and speed games are literally plagued with dead beats thus creating an extreme drop in the level of games we now play . to try and bring numbers up will be real hard if we sit back and do nothing .

a mobile app may bring players to site sure but we wont retain them under its current condition, currently wait times for speed games if they fill at all are insane, when you factor all the sites players last i checked was 4630 total of that now combine the members current foes list, game wait times are strongly affected .the foe and move on philosophy has literally killed the site . many left site of coarse for dice related issues but now they leave as the competitive draw just is not there ,what i mean is were is the glory in winning a 6 players game with 4 dbs that took 45 mins to 2 hours to fill up this is now the norm on site . the site is so dam cool in its design we get to play a game against players world wide team up in clan wars but its flaws i feel have to be addressed before it tries to bring on new blood and retain 1 percent .

i suggest we remove the foe option in speed games set it up like the tournament format open to all . the site needs a speed game mod coupled with site members addressing the dead-beating issues we currently face . i feel strongly if u db a game you should be unable to play another game on that map settings for 8 hours ect .if the member continues to dead beat stronger measures need to be clearly outlined . this will take some time but sooner or later members will get the clue .

the site has a few draws to entice us to pay to play currently with the level of play we face its now or never as there is not much of a draw to pay for a premium membership . 4600 will soon be under 4000 so on and so on . i don't see a mobile app doing anything personally but can see the few issues that may help keep the 4600 current players from logging off once and for all . who has an hour to wait for games to fill on top of the games length would that not just eat data packages up alone . not to mention there are a lot of insane maps that quite simply you cant play on a cell phone.in closing we need to bring the sites competitive level of game play back to standards then go after more players . the site has the email addresses of all 800000 who at one point logged on to play . i suggest that's a great start .if as low as 1 percent returned that's 8000 players returning tripling current site numbers .

ZEUS111

Your entire argument is the site sucks because there aren’t enough people around. Making the game accessible on the phone would fix that. Plus my point is to make it so the game is better on phones, which I agree sucks at the moment.

I would argue that many people (myself included) rarely access their pc. Most people use phones or tablets to access Facebook, YouTube, email, web surf, etc. CC could get with times and understand that, or stay stuck in 2006 and continue to watch people leave.

Full transparency: I’ve only been playing on my phone since returning to the site. It’s horrendous and I’m not sure how much longer I’m going to stick around because it takes WAY too long to take a turn with how unwieldy the buttons are.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:49 am

I've never understood the motivations of people who want to play on their phones.

Why would you want to try to make shit out on a little 5-inch screen when you can see it displayed properly 21- inch screen?

I can understand taking turns on a phone in an emergency, when you're stuck in traffic or whatever and won't get home in time. But why anyone would want to do that on a regular basis, I just can't comprehend.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:14 am

Because people don't take 21-inch screens on the bus or train, or out to lunch.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Return to Suggestions