Conquer Club

Casual/Super casual games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Casual/Super casual games

Postby WALLZ on Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:08 pm

Casual/ super casual game settings.

There are 2 main additions I would like to see, and they could be considered one.
1st one is simple: 7 full days (168 hours) to play a turn. 2nd one is to make this setting worth 0 points when you win or lose. or make another setting option like this. Personally i think they go together.

we have speed games where you have 5 or less minutes to play. And then the normal 24 hour time limit. We have guide games for beginners that you lose no points with, but we do not have the option for others. It is so difficult to learn new maps when no one wants to try those maps just in case they lose from lack of experience. Like 24 hour turns, you can play right away in a 7 day turn limit. Obviously when you join a 7 day turn limit, you are not expecting a fast game. Since it is worth no points, it would be an excellent game setting to simply try new things and not care what rank the other guy is. I'd be happy playing cooks all day with these settings.

A few things could be implemented to prevent everybody wanting to not lose points and only play these settings. Such as these games do not count as a normal game, so you will be taken off the scoreboard if you do not play a standard game in a month. You could make it so no clan/ tournament games can be played on these settings. And winning and losing these games do not count towards your win percentage. There could be no medal for paying these games to remind people they are just there for a relaxed approach.

Online chess uses 7 days for a turn and that works well for them. A super casual game would really spice things up. I would literally try every map with every settings on these settings, and I would still play my usual games for points etc. If this setting was implemented now, i'd have a chance to be ready next year for that tournament where you try every map and settings.

These settings added would benefit CC a lot. It would bring encourage players to try new stuff and use those random settings that few like :-D
I have thought about these things for a while and talked to a few players about it. An objection was "imagine playing hive on trench..." Otherwise, they thought these changes could be a fresh new addition. Like all settings... if you don't like it, do not play it.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing others opinions about these things.
Cheers,
WALLZ
Colonel WALLZ

Re: Casual/Super casual games

Postby pissedoffsol on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:57 am

i support it for 1:1, but imagine a 7 day wait with 12 players? you could literally play just 5 times a year! and games could last years without stacking.
14k Games and counting!
Sergeant 1st Class pissedoffsol

Postby WALLZ on Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:46 pm

7 day wait for a 12 player could take a very long time. I would imagine it would be played at a similar speed as a normal games, since people usually play their games from least amount of time left to the longest. Since there is nothing to lose and only learning to really gain, why would someone stretch it out? Besides, if they did, it is not like you can lose anything :-D . I can't imagine any harm done by having a game chill in your list for a few years.
Colonel WALLZ

Postby Yynatago on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:52 pm

*Thumbs up for 7 day turns*

I'd argue with allowing any game settings. Yes, some games will take 7 days longer.
Colonel Yynatago

Postby Kaiser Szami on Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:11 am

7 days would be a bit too long in my eyes, but maybe 2 days? When starting a friendly game it would be nice to have the option to make it a no points game...
Colonel Kaiser Szami

Postby misteryforall on Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:13 am

Kaiser Szami wrote:7 days would be a bit too long in my eyes, but maybe 2 days? When starting a friendly game it would be nice to have the option to make it a no points game...

And for that purpose are games with no human( bot game), you can play every map you want and you gane/lose none point if you lose or win game
Captain misteryforall

Postby Caymanmew on Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:56 am

Kaiser Szami wrote:7 days would be a bit too long in my eyes, but maybe 2 days? When starting a friendly game it would be nice to have the option to make it a no points game...

I think this could be a good idea, I say 3 days though, enough time to not have to play during the weekend, I think that could attract some people to play more / come back. I agree 7 is a bit too long.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby WALLZ on Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:50 pm

misteryforall wrote:

And for that purpose are games with no human( bot game), you can play every map you want and you gane/lose none point if you lose or win game

Last i checked, bots can only play like 3 settings on extremely straightforward maps :-D
Colonel WALLZ

Postby WALLZ on Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:09 pm

Since the main 'objection' so far is that 7 days is a long time. That is literally the point of why I chose 7 days. Some people do not like speed games, so they do not play speed games. If people do not like the potential length of a 'slow' game, then they do not need to play.

Maybe there could be multiple options like there is for speed. 2 days, 4 days or 7 days. All with no points up for grabs. They all could share the common factors like previously mentioned.

My experience with bot games are that they are a waste of time if you actually want to learn more than 1 thing. I appreciate the effort people went into to making them, as it can't have been easy. I think CC bots are a long away from challenging players on Das schloss or something. I am sure it would be far easier adding these settings than designing comprehensive bots for literally every map and setting.

Yyn would argue for allowing it on every setting which is totally fair. If time is removed from the factor, why not every setting? This game setting is not supposed to become everyone's main line of games. The aim in my view is to have an area to mess around in and potentially lean. If top players feel threatened that others will learn special maps with no cost of failure, then maybe that is a good thing. More competition for clan games could be a result etc.
Colonel WALLZ

Postby All Black Rugby on Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:34 pm

3-7 day turns. Personally I wouldn't play them but have no objection to them.

I am however in favour of the no points and no win% gained/lost i.e. just for fun and/or learning.
Many players don't want to and/or don't play games with lower ranks for fear of losing points. Let's do away with the cause of that fear. Just have an option to play games that won't affect win% and points.
Yeah the bots do this to an extent, on a limited number of boards, simple boards, with limited skill and lack the factors humans contribute to the game.
Colonel All Black Rugby

Postby WALLZ on Thu May 07, 2020 5:34 pm

So far i am pretty hopeful that one or both of the ideas could happen. I guess the question now is, "do those who run this show want to make this happen?" :-D
Colonel WALLZ

Postby DBandit70 on Fri May 08, 2020 12:38 pm

no way I'd ever play a 7 day game maybe 2 days at the most
Major DBandit70

Postby WALLZ on Sat May 09, 2020 6:07 am

DBandit70 wrote:no way I'd ever play a 7 day game maybe 2 days at the most

no way i'd play freestyle or manual. what is your point? lol. More options does not force you to play them. :-D
Colonel WALLZ

Postby Hooch on Sat May 09, 2020 11:42 pm

misteryforall wrote:

Unless one has to have the Platinum Bot achievement medal, one certainly cannot play all the maps vs bots.

Anyone with the Platinum Bot medal can confirm this?
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby WALLZ on Sun May 10, 2020 7:07 pm

Hooch wrote:
misteryforall wrote:

Unless one has to have the Platinum Bot achievement medal, one certainly cannot play all the maps vs bots.

Platinum medal for bots doesn't change anything. there is still about 3 settings on some standard maps. You can either play no spoils, where the bots just stack and wait for the time limit. Or play flatrate where they do exactly the same thing. Or escalating where they stack and stack and stack and never know when to kill the other bots/ players. The bots never take bonuses on purpose, and it always ends up as a toss of the coin to see which bot randomly attacks first. usually with a few rounds left to go. It does not teach escalating very well when the bots can never figure out how to kill other players to finish the game. When you know their only bad strategy, it is way too easy to win.
Colonel WALLZ

Postby helmet2hardhat on Sun May 10, 2020 7:36 pm

I think this a good idea.

I just played my first speed freestyle game and it was so much fun. I sucked at it because I wasn't fast enough, but I want to play some more, but am hesitant because I'm a competitive person and want to keep my ranking.

I just read some other peoples comments:

why not allow speed games to be pointless? A lot of times when i want to play a speed game I just want to play something because Im bored. If I knew that I wasnt going to lose points from a speed game Id join them all.
Sergeant 1st Class helmet2hardhat

Postby DBandit70 on Mon May 11, 2020 8:23 am

WALLZ wrote:

no way i'd play freestyle or manual. what is your point? lol. More options does not force you to play them. :-D

lol you got a point =D>
Major DBandit70

Postby WALLZ on Mon May 11, 2020 9:56 pm

DBandit70 wrote:
WALLZ wrote:

lol you got a point =D>

cheers :-D
Colonel WALLZ

Postby Hooch on Thu May 14, 2020 4:31 am

WALLZ wrote:
Hooch wrote:
misteryforall wrote:

Platinum medal for bots doesn't change anything. there is still about 3 settings on some standard maps. You can either play no spoils, where the bots just stack and wait for the time limit. Or play flatrate where they do exactly the same thing. Or escalating where they stack and stack and stack and never know when to kill the other bots/ players. The bots never take bonuses on purpose, and it always ends up as a toss of the coin to see which bot randomly attacks first. usually with a few rounds left to go. It does not teach escalating very well when the bots can never figure out how to kill other players to finish the game. When you know their only bad strategy, it is way too easy to win.

Cheers Wallz as you had said yes.
I got up to about 3/4 of my way to the platinum and stopped, so it reaffirms, one cannot play all the maps vs the bots, nor all the settings.
Could that be a suggestion?
Whether they are dumb or not.
Bot Nuke or Zombie might be dangerous.
Private 1st Class Hooch

Return to Suggestions