Conquer Club

Remove the stupid rule of deadbeating in 1v1, poly games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Remove the stupid rule of deadbeating in 1v1, poly games

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:01 pm

Remove the stupid rule of deadbeating in 1v1, poly games.

See whats going on on the C&A forum? I can easily prove that over 80% of the players that lurk in the speed games db, even mods, why punish 1v1 db unless point dumping. Its really silly and pretty much every speed players its ok with it and have done it as well.
Which is the reason really?

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
It would normalize what already happens and pretty much every speed players agrees its a common practice. And would reduce stupid C&A cases.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Re: Remove the stupid rule of deadbeating in 1v1, poly games

Postby 2dimes on Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 pm

What if there was a surrender button?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:51 pm

There is but it appears from r4 to r6 depending the set up. Some games are over by r2, no point to keep plating them
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby 2dimes on Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:59 pm

Well, I'm going to fight until I run out of guys but I am still in favour of the surrender button.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:10 pm

I am still in favour of stupid C&A cases.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:21 pm

I don't know. I simply can't take that forum seriously when people won't even take the time to use tags in their reports.

Now this forum is a winner!
Corporal 2dimes

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:21 am

:People that barely play the game and just troll around the forum are expected to really not contribute in any serious disscussion
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby shoop76 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:18 am

I am torn here. I don't usually play a lot of speed games, but did play quite a few recently during the Snowflake Festival. I personally hate it when players deadbeat. It would be so much quicker for the opponent if the player just dropped and ended turn. If they deadbeat you are waiting forever for their turn to end so you can go back in there. I'm always afraid if I miss and don't come back to the game my opponent will have come back and played and I will deadbeat and lose.

Problem is, it seems to be a common practice amongst regular speed players. I have never reported anyone for this and don't plan on doing it. The rule currently is in place and players don't follow it. Some players have been punished for this whilst others continue to do it and get away unscathed.

Maybe the penalty should be a temporary ban on speed games for players that do this and eventually a permanent ban.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Donelladan on Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:17 am

I can easily prove that over 80% of the players that lurk in the speed games db,

That much ? Because easily 80% of the speed game I play are finished without anyone deadbeating. .

It's not that much of a burden to finish the game, and as shoop said, it's quite annoying to have to wait for the game to end ( timer of 1 minute I consider it ok-ish to wait, anything above I'm quite annoyed when my opponent deadbeat).
We could be respectful of the other player and just finish the game, deploy/drop/end goes really quick.

But, a better solution would be to have the resign button available earlier. No need to deadbeat if we can resign. Solve the problem for everyone.
Round 3 in a 1vs1 game I think it should be acceptable to have a resign button.
Round 2 in a poly game, or even round 1.
Or, just make it simple, available from the start.
If people start abusing it ( point dumping), I am sure community can open C&A and catch them.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby shoop76 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:28 am

Donelladan wrote:
I can easily prove that over 80% of the players that lurk in the speed games db,

That much ? Because easily 80% of the speed game I play are finished without anyone deadbeating. .

It's not that much of a burden to finish the game, and as shoop said, it's quite annoying to have to wait for the game to end ( timer of 1 minute I consider it ok-ish to wait, anything above I'm quite annoyed when my opponent deadbeat).
We could be respectful of the other player and just finish the game, deploy/drop/end goes really quick.

But, a better solution would be to have the resign button available earlier. No need to deadbeat if we can resign. Solve the problem for everyone.
If people start abusing it ( point dumping), I am sure community can open C&A and catch them.

I agree. Better to have C&A reports for people abusing the resign function than for people deadbeating speed games.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:49 am

Donelladan wrote:

I am not saying 80% of the speed games are deadbeated. But most of the people that regularly play deadbeat every now and then. Most likely will finish most of their games but will deadbeat 5 or 6 if they play over 50 speed games.

Well if restart bottom were from r2 then I guess it would reduce the db. Especyally poly 3 and poly 4 that take a while to reach r4 to r6
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:52 pm

I disagree. Deliberate deadbeating is totally inconsiderate.

Takes a couple seconds to start your turn, drop and run. Meanwhile the other player(s) can continue. Forcing them to wait for x number of minutes for your timer to run out, 3 times, is really, really rude.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:59 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I disagree. Deliberate deadbeating is totally inconsiderate.

Takes a couple seconds to start your turn, drop and run. Meanwhile the other player(s) can continue. Forcing them to wait for x number of minutes for your timer to run out, 3 times, is really, really rude.

As I said most people that play speed games, especially poly games deadbeat. Idk how often u play speed games but in 3 of your last 15 poly speed games u also deadbeated. So inconsiderate of you.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby xroads on Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:13 pm

I gotta agree.

Of all the rules, this is the dumbest.
Major xroads

Postby 2dimes on Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:49 pm

I may not contribute to "serious" discussions but...

Any time I have missed turns it was because I didn't make it in time to take them. Not because I decided not to take them.

I don't think I have been kicked out of a game for missing three in a row.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:58 pm

2dimes wrote:I may not contribute to "serious" discussions but...

Any time I have missed turns it was because I didn't make it in time to take them. Not because I decided not to take them.

I don't think I have been kicked out of a game for missing three in a row.

I apologize to you. You were actually suggesting to put a resing buttom from early on as far as I understand. But then came the other one and it started going somewhere else.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby 2dimes on Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:24 am

It's ok.

I mostly would like those running the site to actually at least read this forum on occasion and consider when someone has a reasonable suggestion.

Though I have seen how even a really great improvement will cause someone to get grouchy. So that probably causes some of their reluctance to change anything.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Devante on Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:04 pm

Completely agree with removing this stupid rule
Major Devante

Postby ltiyank on Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:30 am

I agree. Get rid of deadbeat rule.

I am an unpleasant person to play. I complain and whine. Many of you have me foed. I get it. I was an advocate for speed games and the resign button. We got both. Just need to tweak the resign button criteria.

I play speed 99% of the time. You want to deadbeat go ahead. Nobody should care. You’ve won. You don’t have to do a thing. Take the win and the points and start another. If you say it’s detracts from the fun winning when someone deadbeats you are not serious. You’ve won that is the point.

The reason people don’t like deadbeats is because they enjoy crushing someone. it’s not fun on the losing side being forced to play out an obvious losing game.

If it’s trench on a huge map and one is deploying 3 and the other is deploying 20 it’s over if it’s no spoils. Why make someone play until the resign button criteria is met.
Major ltiyank

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:55 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I disagree. Deliberate deadbeating is totally inconsiderate.

As I said most people that play speed games, especially poly games deadbeat. Idk how often u play speed games but in 3 of your last 15 poly speed games u also deadbeated. So inconsiderate of you.

I've never deadbeated intentionally. However, there are those occasions where real life comes to interfere.

The three instances you mentioned were all cases where real life commitments ambushed me and I got called in to work or had some kind of domestic duties that wouldn't wait.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Suggestions