Conquer Club

Show Game Chat and Snapshots in separate lists.

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby Votanic on Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:48 pm

The title is the concise description: show Game Chat and Snapshots in separate lists. I suppose it could be another on/off option in settings.

The reason for this is game chat is easily not seen and therefore left unread in a column composed mostly of many, many snapshot links.
The new snapshot feature will make this problem much, much worse.

This will benefit the Conquer Clubplayers because game chat is necessary, especially in team games, though not only there.
As it is, important game chat is often left unread. Anything that will make it more visible can only help matters.
Lieutenant Votanic

Re: Show Game Chat and Snapshots in separate lists.

Postby Votanic on Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:31 pm

Nothing against snapshots. I've used them a few time, mostly in assassin, fog games.

Some players like to run a lengthy, tactical analysis before each move. Especially, those with tons of extra time and/or on the 'spectrum'.

Of course, many players don't need or use them at all either.

In any case, snapshots and game chat are not the same thing, so there is no reason to reuire they be mixed together anymore.
Lieutenant Votanic

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:56 pm

Well, I think in team games is actually really usefull to have snapshots and Chat in the same place. As you know where to start reading after every turn. Otherwise would need to scroll up sometimes and could get confused to which turn the notes are refering to.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby plurple on Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:02 pm

I can see an argument of wanting to have snaps on but not see them in chat and maybe an option to have them post in the chat or not int he settings menu gives people the option I like them in the chat easier to use but can see it being cluttered to some players.
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Votanic on Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:53 pm

plurple wrote:I can see an argument of wanting to have snaps on but not see them in chat and maybe an option to have them post in the chat or not int he settings menu gives people the option I like them in the chat easier to use but can see it being cluttered to some players.

Yes, I agree. I use snapshots occaionally, but not often. Stiill, I don't really want them turned off, but since they aren't chat there is nor eason to mix the two.
As for Traf's comment about using snap links to know the round a chat comment was made in, maybe a single line noting the start of each round could be incorporated into chat.
Lieutenant Votanic

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:11 pm

Fast implementation!!!
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Suggestions