Conquer Club

Major Changes

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Major Changes

Postby mintyleaf on Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:06 pm

Concise description:

So my suggestion is a major overhaul of the site. I just started playing games again (I think I was last active around 2013) and coming back I was pretty shocked to see almost nothing has changed. Immediately when logging into the site, it is clear to see how dated it is. Not trying to be mean or anything but it looks like it came straight out of internet explorer, which isn't a good image for newcomers.

Specifics/Details:
So here is some things I would change..
  • Hire a web/graphics designer to get a new style to keep it looking fresh and up to modern standards. Make things pop out more and easier to navigate!
  • +Monetization :Add unique items for user profiles such as avatars that are seen in-game. Also add more customization to profiles. Custom chat emojis. Special looking dice. Anything Cosmetic!
  • Continue to create new maps (would love to see a World 3.0 that is more modern).
  • I see you have speed games (5 minute rounds) but maybe expand on that with a lobby queue mechanic using a limited map pool for those who are interested in playing immediately. Make the games more engaging by having numbers update in real time without having to refresh the webpage. (An animation for it would be nice)
  • QOL changes. One that I noticed is when I click the [map size] button and leave the game, it returns to its small size again the next time I enter.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This would easily benefit the site in attracting newer players and growing the fanbase. It would add to the longevity of Conquer Club.
Private mintyleaf

Re: Major Changes

Postby GoranZ on Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:43 am

mintyleaf wrote:Hire a web/graphics designer to get a new style to keep it looking fresh and up to modern standards. Make things pop out more and easier to navigate!

This is impossible to be done... The front end code is mixed with the background code into one spaghetti style mix.
Its simpler and less time consuming if the game is rewritten from scratch.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Return to Suggestions