Conquer Club

Tournament Organiser Options

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby Craig25 on Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:25 am

This is 4 Suggestions in 1 Post for Consideration.

The more Options available to Tournament Organisers the better Tournaments can get. Here are some improvements that could be made:
1. Allow Tournament Organisers to dictate who goes 1st in Games or to Randomise it.
2. Allow Tournament Organisers to Turn Off Auto Snaps for Games in some Tournaments.
3. Allow Tournament Organisers to AUTO-INSERT Players into Games instead of the existing Invite and Accept Process.
4. Make a simple Process for Games to be automatically set up and scheduled to be set up.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
The changes above will allow bigger and better quality Tournaments to be set up. It will lead to:
1. Fairer Tournaments when Players get an equal Number of Starts.
2. Allow for more complicated Tournaments with HOME and AWAY Legs as an example.
3. Make a much slicker process for running Tournaments.
4. And will allow much bigger Tournaments (Super League is up to 150,000 Games with the help of Software Engineers. No other Tournament Organiser has the ability to run a Tournament as big as this using the existing Tournament Options currently on CC).
Major Craig25

Re: Tournament Organiser Options

Postby plurple on Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:06 am

Craig25 wrote:1. Allow Tournament Organisers to dictate who goes 1st in Games or to Randomise it.

I Can definitely agree and can see being able to pick 1st in 1vs1 tournaments would be great for allowing fairness and or home field advantage. Less so in multiplayer tournaments but having the option would be nice.

Craig25 wrote:2. Allow Tournament Organisers to Turn Off Auto Snaps for Games in some Tournaments.

I personally don't think I would use this if it was added.

Craig25 wrote:3. Allow Tournament Organisers to AUTO-INSERT Players into Games instead of the existing Invite and Accept Process.

This could be useful in I have often had players miss an invite or 2 but are still in the tournament just not the best at accepting invites. But I can also see a draw back if players are away and have sitters and new games they are not expecting but I think overall it is a positive :)

Craig25 wrote:4. Make a simple Process for Games to be automatically set up and scheduled to be set up.

None of my tournaments have gotten so big that it takes me more than a couple of hours to set up a new round/set of games. I also tend to run tournaments that don't have set schedule more as and when games finish. But can definitely see a big tournament like the super league it is useful with the number of games that has.
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Colonel plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Return to Suggestions