>> Descriptive tags for ratings

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

>> Descriptive tags for ratings

Postby lackattack on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Concise description:
  • A feature to add descriptive tags to a rating, to provide some explanation.

Specifics:
  • When you leave a rating, beneath the input section for stars, there would be a bunch (say, 10 to 20) of descriptors with a checkbox next to each one. You would check off any that apply (say, up to 3). These descriptors would appear alongside the stars on the recepient's ratings page.
  • Because their time is better spent hunting multiple accounts and answering support tickets, staff would not investigate "unfair" ratings tags. Members would still have the option of discussing with the author directly, and tags should go live along with the "Allow written responses to ratings" suggestion.
  • Examples of tags: Deadbeat, Timely, Friendly, Rude, Sore Loser, Trustworthy, Backstabber. If you have any to add please share! :)

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Members will be able to better express themselves when leaving ratings.
  • Members will understand the reasons behind ratings.

EDIT: Please give your input on this suggestion! :D
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Re: Descriptive tags for ratings

Postby t-o-m on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:37 pm

this would be great!

although i would like a deadbeat counter but i think thats been suggested and rejectd?
Colonel t-o-m

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby lackattack on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:43 pm

Automated deadbeat stats are on the to-do list :)
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)

Postby MOBAJOBG on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:52 pm

When an opponent leave a rating that is unfair, am I able to respond to it by my own account of the actual situation? Under CC's feedback system, a negative or neutral feedback can be given a response by the victim.

I should and must be able to defend myself from the onslaught of inappropriate ratings left by sore losers.
Major MOBAJOBG

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Frop on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:11 pm

lackattack wrote:
  • Members will be able to better express themselves when leaving ratings.
  • Members will understand the reasons behind ratings.

We used to have a feedback system that met these requirements. :|
Captain Frop

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) General Contribution (1)

Postby Lindax on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:04 pm

If you continue with this rating system, I think your suggestions for tags and the option for written comments are good.
Colonel Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 124
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (8)

Postby jako on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:12 pm

how about some tags related to chat. like say, talkative, silent, or my favourite flirtatious. :D

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
Lieutenant jako

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby lackattack on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:16 pm

MOBAJOBG wrote:When an opponent leave a rating that is unfair, am I able to respond to it by my own account of the actual situation? Under CC's feedback system, a negative or neutral feedback can be given a response by the victim.

I should and must be able to defend myself from the onslaught of inappropriate ratings left by sore losers.

lackattack wrote:tags should go live along with the "Allow written responses to ratings" suggestion.
Retired Administrator

Postby fireedud on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:35 pm

Would the tags be madatory, or can they be left blank?
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby AAFitz on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:57 pm

Im all for it. The comments are infinitely more valuable than the star value alone. Neg comments shouldnt be as problematic for people, because they wont stand out as much as they did before. Unfortunately though i suspect it may cause some work for the mods. You may need more volunteers to deal with the inevitable complaints about inaccurate tags. But I for one, miss my ability to leave comments.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
Captain AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby gloryordeath on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:05 pm

I think this is a step in the right direction. It also gives a starting grounds for the defensive input of the receiving party.
The Society of Cooks Train a cook today battle an officer tomorrow! Making good players great! viewtopic.php?f=341&t=74468

xiGAMES Member

Lieutenant gloryordeath

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby azezzo on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:15 pm

we need some kind of decription for opponents who are just plain ASSHOLES! The guy who swears at another opponent because his dice go bad, or the higher ranked manipulator who can convince the rookie to do his bidding by insult, threats, or lies.
Captain azezzo

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby MOBAJOBG on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:40 am

lackattack wrote:
MOBAJOBG wrote:When an opponent leave a rating that is unfair, am I able to respond to it by my own account of the actual situation? Under CC's feedback system, a negative or neutral feedback can be given a response by the victim.

lackattack wrote:tags should go live along with the "Allow written responses to ratings" suggestion.

Wow! I'm simply amaze by your tip-top class customer services and deliverables to keep coming up with innovations or improvements to this site. I believe the latest implementation and to-do features pertaining to user feedback would make for a better or superior system. :)
Major MOBAJOBG

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: >> Descriptive tags for ratings

Postby hulmey on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:56 am

this is a friggin joke, im raelly sorry but its a wash out. I got 2 years of premium left, so can you please give it to someone else!! I just dont want it anymore, life here is getting to complicated and un fun.....
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: >> Descriptive tags for ratings

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:05 am

Great idea Lack.

I think that people aren't really understanding what Tags are though...

Perhaps some examples...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud

http://chir.ag/phernalia/preztags/

http://www.ftrain.com/tagcloud.html

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/6171

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Next

Return to Implemented Suggestions