- Lots of new players who join the site start a freestyle game because they are too lazy or too ignorant to check it.
- Many new players start a game without changing any settings, and it ends up being a classic freestyle esc chained sunny 2 player game, which a high rank usually joins and point farms.
- Switch "Freestyle" with "Sequential" in the start a game menu.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- Less freestyle games will be created unintentionally.
- New players will have a fighting chance in their first game, and, if/when they have more success, are likely to continue playing CC.
- Higher ranks won't point farm (not saying that high ranks point farming decreases the quality of the site, but I think it's unfair for a new player to get pounded by a high ranker when they didn't intend to create a freestyle game)
- New players most likely have only played the board game risk, if any risk at all. In both scenarios, there is no freestyle.
- I think a majority of new players intend to create a sequential game, so it makes sense to have sequential as the default setting.