- Players avarage ratings, after some hundreds of games they gets stuck. Lets say they gets fixed cos of every new game completed, and every new rating left has nothing to do very much to change the avarage value of the player's avarage rating. Lets assume a player has an avarage rating of 4.7 ( me ) and i need to get 300 or more consequetive 5 stars to barely rise my rating to 4.8.
- Question : If i am able to take 300 consequetive 5 starts in my last 300 games, then do you believe it is fair me to be represented with 4.7 rating ? Isnt it possible, i just removed the reasons for those players left low ratings, simply i ve changed, i have become a more fair player etc, and isnt it now i deserve to be represented with a higher rating ?
- I suggest the rating calculation to change from avaraging whole ratings left so far to avaraging the last 500 ratings..(In mathematics : Its name is windowing or screening...) (here 500 is an example, but might be 750 or 250...)
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- In this way, you will give a chance to those players who has low ratings to change. Simply low ratings will not be something permanent but according to players last performance, they then will able to increase his avarage rating.
- If the suggestion made here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75541 takes its place in application, my suggestion will have a better mean.