Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 47: 09-05-2011] Whac-a-thon

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 47: 09-05-2011] Whac-a-thon

Postby Leehar on Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 47th edition of the Dispatch :)

It's been a while since our last issue, but as always things continue to happen in the world of CC. There's been some interesting developments in the C&A as new guidelines have been brought into play to tackle some of the issues brought up recently among the community. More about the specifics with regards to Point-dumping can be found here.
The Special Events team continues to entertain us with it's ongoing celebrations as voting proceeds on the Easter Egg Design Contest! with some quality submissions. And of course the 4th edition of the marathon encounters between Mods and Community continues amid intense viewing in the Whac-A-Mod IV.
Even the dispatch itself has had changes aplenty as laughingcavalier takes a break after a long stint as Clan Executive (leaving me with some rather large shoes to fill ;)), and we've been privileged to bolster the team a bit with some further additions to the Clan and Freestyle teams. Even Victor Sullivan is experimenting with some intriguing concepts that you can see in our foundry section

Leehar - Newsletter Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Whac! Whac! Whac! I hope everyone had a good weekend whacking mods, keep an eye out for the final score as many casual games are still running. This edition we have an interrogation of laughingcavalier and a special random game analysis from DoomYoshi as he looks at the battle royale! As you can see we now have numerous people working on the scum insider so all you mafiaheads can look forward to an expanding section in future editions :)

Nagerous - Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by nagerous, Fircoal and safariguy5
show

Not so random game analysis by DoomYoshi
show

show: Interrogation of laughingcavalier

Hi again amigos and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments. In this edition, Dukasaur has brought the best interview ever in the history of the Newsletter, an interview with me :D .

Angola is bringing us a new TPA Update, and Dukasaur is covering the Join this? or Not! because of real life health issues for our friend Soldierboy. We wish you the best and hope you get well soon.

And last, but not least, Sonicsteve talks about one of the most impressive achievements in CC: The 200th tournament win by HighlanderAttack.

jricart
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Winners! by Dukasaur
show: jricart interview
show: Get Your Own Interview

TPA Update by Angola
show: TPA Update

Join This? Or Not! by Dukasaur, cleverly disguising himself as Soldierboy...:-)
show

HA's double century of wins by sonicsteve
show

Hey folks! Psyched as ever to bring you the next set of Foundry lovin'! And I have three very important announcements: No_Risk_No_Fun, our Foundry Filmmaker, has completed a preview of his upcoming Dispatch video series, "Foundry Featurette", we have a new fortnightly tradition, and I'm officially taking on apprentices to make those interested into informative and analytical map commenters! And of course, OliverFA brings us another another "Classic" this issue: Rail USA. Enjoy!

Victor Sullivan
Foundry Executive

Foundry Featurette Preview by No_Risk_No_Fun

Foundry Talk by Victor Sullivan
show

Callout for Foundry Apprentices! by Victor Sullivan
show

Classic Review - Rail USA by Oliver F.A.
show

In this edition of the clan section, we have another in-depth analysis of the 2nd Annual Conqueror's Cup by yours truly, a brief synopsis on Newcomers Cup action by jigger1986, we welcome back BoganGod to the team after a short hiatus as he mulls over a scenario faced by many among the clan scene, Blackknight_6 discusses the dynamics of forums within the clan, and Master Fenrir returns for another gripping column on HardBalls as he tackles what it really means to be Conqueror!

Leehar
Clan Executive

CC2 - Round 2 by Leehar (Nemesis)
show

Newcomers Cup Round 2 by jigger1986 (Grim Reapers)
show

The pain of limiting your games The Bogan divinity
show

Spice Up Your Clan by Blackknight_6 (TNC)
show

HARDBALLS with Master Fenrir (FOED)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of JoshyBoy. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Joshyboy

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to nagerous and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
show
Colonel Leehar

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 47: 09-05-2011] Whac-a-thon

Postby Qwert on Wed May 11, 2011 5:14 pm

""Q. WWII Ardennes or WWII Gazala?
Ardennes.""

Thank you :)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed May 11, 2011 9:12 pm

qwert wrote:""Q. WWII Ardennes or WWII Gazala?
Ardennes.""

Thank you :)

Crap, we fed qwert's ego! Why didn't we edit that out?!? :P

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Qwert on Thu May 12, 2011 3:59 am

he-he-he, almost every edition, have mine name on .
Damn, i hope that now they will not start censoring me.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Leehar on Thu May 12, 2011 5:25 am

The best bit is when all the clannies arrive in the newsletter thread, arguing about this and that or saying they enjoyed the paper.

C'mon, I want this for my debut! ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ckyrias on Thu May 12, 2011 7:02 am

i starte only recently reading the dispatch and i can say one thing! its fun! :)
keep it up guys!
Sergeant ckyrias

Postby nagerous on Thu May 12, 2011 9:00 am

ckyrias wrote:i starte only recently reading the dispatch and i can say one thing! its fun! :)
keep it up guys!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it :)
Captain nagerous

Postby kuma32478 on Fri May 13, 2011 10:25 am

Is anyone else a little amused by the "Whac-a-thon" concept or am I just that immature in my sense of humor? :lol:
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby Leehar on Fri May 13, 2011 11:23 am

kuma32478 wrote:Is anyone else a little amused by the "Whac-a-thon" concept or am I just that immature in my sense of humor? :lol:

[-X
But yeah, I had my original naming a bit different, but somebody else suggested I change it to that... #-o
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri May 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Leehar wrote:
kuma32478 wrote:Is anyone else a little amused by the "Whac-a-thon" concept or am I just that immature in my sense of humor? :lol:

[-X
But yeah, I had my original naming a bit different, but somebody else suggested I change it to that... #-o

:arrow: Guilty as charged :mrgreen:

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby jimfinn on Fri May 13, 2011 7:00 pm

For all reading who love the Rail USA map featured on this edition: I am in need of two more players for a Rail maps assassin tournament

details/tourney thread is located here
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=142682
Corporal 1st Class jimfinn

Postby safariguy5 on Sat May 14, 2011 12:45 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Leehar wrote:

[-X

:arrow: Guilty as charged :mrgreen:

-Sully

I'm a witness!
Captain safariguy5

Return to Newsletter Issues