Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 78: 01-09-2012] agentcomic

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 78: 01-09-2012] agentcomic

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 78th edition of the Dispatch :)

And welcome to the first Newsletter in the Announcements forum! You'll find all of our new issues here. All old issues will be moved back to the Newsletter Issues forum. In addition, you can expect to see a Dispatch on the 1st and 16th of every month. So we'll see you once again in the Announcements forum on September 16th ;)

In recent news, player mhennigan won Conquer Cup III! mhennigan is the first former Conqueror to have won the Conquer Cup! Maybe he'll rack up enough trophies to become the one with the most Super Achievement Medals! Only time will tell! In addition to Conquer Cup III's ending, Conquer Cup IV is taking sign-ups! Just yesterday I participated in a spontaneous Live Chat Trivia Contest and won a Conquer Cup entry myself! Maybe you should all keep an eye out for more spontaneous prize-awardings and contests!

In other news, if you haven't checked it out yet, take a look at the new CC's Declining thread with a thorough analysis by Mr Changsha. Or, if you're looking for a little fun and a little mental stimulation, maybe you can figure out where in the world Evil Semp is. Or maybe you're looking to sharpen your skills as a world dominator? Sign up for training at the SoC Training Grounds! Whatever it is you're looking for, I'm sure you can find it around Conquer Club!

Well, this issue we've got some exciting stuff! My favorite has got to be new Discussions Moderator, kentington's brand new comic series, Comic ConquerClub! Hopefully you'll see a new one each issue! :) In addition, we've got a whopping three Foundry articles from koontz1973, one of which about the recent debacle regarding former Entertainment Contributor, DiM, and his maps. Plus, we've got a juicy Tournament section, including another stunning Tournament Tips with DaveH, a look at the All Comers Cup and the Newcomers Cup 3 with skillfusniper33 and DJ Teflon, and a great interview with the Master of Suggs himself, agentcom!

Enjoy the fruits of our laboring fingers!

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :) And we could use the help! We're running low on man power in every section of the Newsletter. If you think you can contribute in some way, send a PM to any one of our fine Newsletter Executives!

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Welcome back to Freestyle readers. We welcome kentington to the dispatch with a comic series. Agentcom is also here to talk about excel, teammates, and movies. And as always, The Scum Insider is here with your mafia news.

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of agentcom

Hello, hello, and welcome back to the Office of Strategic Services! Ol' Sully will be your guide for this issue! Today I've got for you an interesting discussion I had with some fellow Live Chat frequenters about "the ultimate strategy". Is there even an ultimate strategy? If so, what is it? Well, see if you agree with any of the fine players that participated in the survey!

Onward to victory!

Victor Sullivan
Strategy Executive

A Live Chat Discussion: The Ultimate Strategy by Victor Sullivan
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments! My writers have really had a burst of activity this time, and I am absolutely delighted to bring you an edition with no fewer than five excellent articles! I'm really proud of my team, and very pleased to present their work to you.

First, let me dispense with one bit of bad news, and then we'll get on with the good. The promising new writer I introduced to you in the last issue, Campin_Killer, has been busted from breaking Rule #1. I liked his writing, but our standards require us to remove major rulebreakers from the team, so with very mixed feelings we say "bye bye Campin".

Ok, on to the good stuff. The part of our new, new writer will now be played by woopintroysbutt. Woopin has produced "spotlight" kind of article about his favourite tournament organiser, theRev1957. I myself ring in with an interview with one of the greatest tournament players on the site, BluU. DaveH has two features again, including the twenty-fourth installment of Tournament Tips, and of course the TPA Update. (Remember, even if you never organise any tournaments, you can earn college credit towards your Accounting diploma by studying Dave's advanced Excel macros!) Last but not least, WorldCup4James carries on the tradition of JoinThisOrNot! Enjoy.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Who is the Rev? by woopintroysbutt
show

Meet the Tournament Winners: BluU by Dukasaur
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Excel coding to set up a tournament - Part 4

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by WorldCup4James
show

Well, it's back to normal, for most, in the foundry. There's a couple of problems still struggling to get past the protest and there's a small storm brewing with Oneyed but hopefully that will blow over before the next issue. If not then let's see if we can't get to the bottom of that then. In the meantime, another storm was DiM and koontz1973 has taken time out to investigate that story for this issue. I can assure you that one isn't over yet so read this issue and wait for updates. koontz1973 is back on deck properly now so he's updated the News and What's Where articles. PM me with your thoughts and suggestions. Do you like it? Can we do better? Is there something else you want? And, to round out the issue, I take another look at how the Conditional Borders are impacting the foundry (yeah I know that Nolefan5311 did a number on this last issue too but you can't get enough of a good thing!). Early days yet, but take a look and feel free to provide feedback on that too. In fact, I'd be keen on anyone PMing me their thoughts on the foundry part of the newsletter with your ideas of what would make it better for you (and to let me know that people out there are reading it :lol:). And while we are about it, who would argue with Mob Wife Drita Davanzo:
They say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger ... I say what doesn't kill me better run faster than me.

thehippo8 -- Foundry Executive

Foundry News by koontz1973
show

Maps in Development. by koontz1973
show

DiM by koontz1973
show

Conditional borders: Fledgling Start by thehippo8
show

The All Comers Cup has started it's first round with a few battles underway. Take a look at all the match ups and possible outcomes for the entire tournament that is provided by DJ Teflon

The Newcomers Cup 3 has moved into the second round, so get your full update on match ups and scores. As well as predictions on who will move on, with a shocking fast advancement to the Semi-Finals for 1 clan.

If you are looking for advancing in your team-mate medal then feel free to stop by and invite some members to some games that are wanting to find solid well rounded teammates to help them get their medal.

NC3 Update by Skillfusniper33 (IF)
show

All Comers Cup
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of L M S. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with L M S

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 78: 01-09-2012] agentcomic

Postby greenoaks on Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm

great interviews with agentcom & BluU, bring on merch313's
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 pm

greenoaks wrote:great interviews with agentcom & BluU, bring on merch313's

Thanks for the nod! Yes, I'll definitely have to get to that soon!
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:31 am

Lots of interesting stuff here :) great interviews!
Glad to see the move to 1st and 16th publishing dates! I will start watching for them

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Dukasaur wrote:
greenoaks wrote:great interviews with agentcom & BluU, bring on merch313's

Thanks for the nod! Yes, I'll definitely have to get to that soon!

and i got mentioned twice, keep up the good work.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:41 pm

I dont see mine post here?? its this some kind of discrimination here? If someone remove mine post,its will be good that have a little respect to say this to me.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:30 pm

qwert wrote:I dont see mine post here?? its this some kind of discrimination here? If someone remove mine post,its will be good that have a little respect to say this to me.

I don't recall your posting? :?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby IcePack on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:37 pm

qwert wrote:I dont see mine post here?? its this some kind of discrimination here? If someone remove mine post,its will be good that have a little respect to say this to me.

Lay off the booze

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:06 pm

While we would all relish the opportunity to discriminate, first you need to post something!! Maybe you can post what you thought you posted and then we can delete that?

EDIT: Thanks Qwert. That was really interesting! Sadly I had to delete it because I promised!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Last chance to read this before it moves to the old folks home...:)
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Newsletter Issues