The clan medal will be handed out to players and will encourage players to join clans and participate in wars.
In order to have clan game creation privileges, a Clan War must be of at least 40 games. This will allow clans to custom build any challenge they wish in their negotiations.
However, in order to receive a Clan Achievement Medal, the war and players will need to meet ALL of the following criteria:
- A War must be of a minimum 41 games, and must have a specific defined process for determining a winner, prior to the start of the War. A random triples neutral game is recommended.
- War restrictions must adhere to the basic restrictions inherently built by clans meaning No Freestyle, No Manual, No Speed
- The game composition must comprise 100% Team Games. Recommended setup is 25% Doubles, 25% Triples, 25% Quadruples and 25% Choice of Team Games
- Clan Wars must be fairly negotiated
- Must be considered a reasonably fair War, meaning farming of medals will not be allowed. Any questionable war will be discussed first by the Clan Directors and if any further discussion is needed, the Clan Leader's Association will be consulted.
- A minimum of 10 players must be used.
- Both Clans must follow the 1 Clan Rule
- Clan War thread must be adequately documented to ensure medals are properly given out, primarily game numbers and winner
- Be on the winning clan
- Have played the minimum game requirement (See Example)
- Have a minimum of 1 win
Historical Awarding of Medals
Over the last 4 years, there have been clan wars of all sizes (3 games to 120 games) and formats. In defining which ones in the past will receive them, we looked at the average war size in each year and overall. The intention was to grant medals at that level, however, there were challenges only a few games less in some years, and a large war in 2010 raised the average. The most fair level was to look at median and there was a distinct cutoff point in all the years.
All wars with a total Final Score of 36 or more points/games will be awarded medals. No other criteria will be applied to historical wars, with the exception of farming and proper documentation.
Players will have to still meet the above player requirements.
This means approximately 1500 player medals will be handed out. The Clan Directors will be doing this work over the next several weeks. Once the work is complete, we will be contacting clans that are missing any documentation, and also taking questions in case we made mistakes or missed a war. There were approximately 5000 games reviewed in the process.