Conquer Club

Clan World discussion/gossip - Transfermarket.CC

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan World discussion/gossip - Transfermarket.CC

Postby MTIceman41 on Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:04 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
MTIceman41 wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
MTIceman41 wrote:I’m proud if my cup record honestly nothing to hide here.
LHDD, Fall, Tofu had years where they were beasts.
I always was willing to play maps not my favorite, with players with no chemistry or knew…games lost on missed turns or new players.
All I care was winning, what was best for the clan, and having fun it’s a game.
Not everyone can spend 20 hours on this site.
Own a gym, have a great wife and son and fur son.

Without wanting to participate in the dick measuring contest, the bolded text is huge. Rock too is an example of a player who will take whichever game and perform at the very least decent on it. He sets up other players to succeed because they can play their favourite maps, while not being a liability on any of the maps he fills in on. Rock may (I think) never have been an 'MVP' in terms of score, but he sure is a MVP in terms of teamwork and facilitating. One of my favourite clanmates for this reason.

He and you for that matter was so dialed in btw…COF was a killer too.
Rock is amazing; I know…4/9 7/14 I’m taking against tofu when focused
We have had our differences EW but I would not look at how you performed against S&M this last war and say you are 1/9type of player…stats can be manipulated and sometimes back luck and busy life gets in the way…you have kicked my butt and I always respect your play

Thank you. I agree, I'm not a 1/9 player but whenever it happens the best you can do it laugh at it and move on :lol: . I'll help defend our CL title, that's all I can do now.

I have poked fun at you and made fun of you…my apologies: you are an amazing player and a beautiful soul. You have helped me be more tolerant and understanding with situations and CC and the world needs more extreme ways :D
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:29 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:Without wanting to participate in the dick measuring contest

I can confirm, there is a reason he doesn't need to participate.

He's the undisputed weiner.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby rockfist on Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:06 pm

Thanks for your kind words EW. It’s always been my goal for us to have one more game win at the end of the war than our opponents do. It doesn’t matter how.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby MTIceman41 on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:19 pm

Swimmerdude99 wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:Without wanting to participate in the dick measuring contest

I can confirm, there is a reason he doesn't need to participate.

He's the undisputed weiner.

Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby josko.ri on Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:52 pm

rockfist wrote:
josko.ri wrote:I have played CCups since CCup1 and have never been eliminated before semifinals.
In such many clan wars, I have only twice scored lower than 50% wins, 5/13 vs FALL once (but S&M clan won that war) and 6/13 vs LHDD once.
However, I have played 1 more war vs LHDD and 2 more wars vs FALL, in which I overcame that negative score from one war,having in total positive head to head score vs both FALL and LHDD.
Also, I have positive score vs all current and inactive clans that we ever played in clan wars, with far the best score vs TOFU, where my lowest performance out of 6 wars played was 7/11 (64%).
From inactive clans, special mention is to THOTA TSM ACE AOC EMP G1 and OSA, versus each of them I have positive score. Even the one war vs THOTA that we ever played (my score 12/20) in the finals of CCup1 was their first ever defeat after 11 consecutive wins and having reputation of "unbeatable" clan at that time.

No one can match Josko's record in CCup. It would be folly to think otherwise.

But I would not be happy with 5/7 below 50%. Hell I'm not happy with my stats (because see above): I have four wars below 50%, Two against S&M (with three above 50%) and one each against Fallen and FOED, out of 22 total wars. Interestingly I have only a negative overall record against FOED (15-16). If you take my win percentage in the semi finals and finals its 59.8%, but it has been dropping...something I shall have to work on.

Well, congrats if you also achieved positive head-to-head score vs (almost) every clan you faced, with FOED I guess these were only two wars, a small sample size, if you played 31 games. =D>
Major josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:52 pm

MTIceman41 wrote:5/5 Ret
7/8 pack
4/9 tofu
7/12 fall We win cup Josko 5/13
4/7 RA
5/8 pack
7/14 tofu josko*mia we lose tofu was dialed in….lots of talent
4/7 venom
5/11 osa
5/11 LHDD (josko 6/13) Don 12/19 …Don and company had talent
7/10 Ret
6/11 A^
8/13 LHDD
8/18 Tofu We win cup (Josko 14/19)
9/9 venom
9/11 osa
8/18 fall we lose; Josko 4/7 with sitters but *mia. Mc/goranz/fritz and company solid

MTIceman41, It is irrelevant to highlight your "great" achievement in earlier rounds of CCup which we usually defeated opponents by a margin of winning more than 70% of games. Because, even without your (or mine) contribution, we would anyway win these wars as opponents were much weaker. S&M was never eliminated before semifinals of CCups anyway. Only this year our rank shrank to 6th so we had a challenging opponent TOFU in quarterfinals. But real merit of your playing contribution is how did you perform at semifinals and finals, when real competitive and tough opponents faced us.

Of all the records you listed, from 7 semifinals and finals of CCup that you played, your best record was 8/13 vs LHDD (62%). For comparison, my WORST record vs TOFU out of 6 clan wars played was 7/11 (64%). Therefore, my WORST record in clan wars vs the clan that we are competing for cup titles for 12 years (all other nowadays top clans are on top level for much shorter than 12 years) is better than your BEST record in 7 participations in semifinals and finals of Ccups.

I liked you as a clanmate and I think we lost a lot by your, davekettering and other players' departure from S&M, especially my CC speed-dater emilywink. daveketerring was especially working hard behind the scenes as MoW and recruiter, so whichever was his game playing record is irrelevant for me as he contributed on many other noteworthy ways. In one Cup that S&M won he was selected as MVP so obviously hi playing record was also great due to that fact, without even further checking it.

However, you are the person who likes to highlight your game playing abilities and have attitude that you can beat "anyone on the site head-to-head". I also have such attitude. Not everyone have such attitude but you and me definitely have. Not for all players, but for players with such attitude, their record in games should be what make them apart from others, however by checking your record I realized you have less than 50% winning ratio combined in 7 semifinals and finals of CCup, which is not something that I would expect from a player who has attitude that he can beat "anyone on the site head-to-head".

You were a great spirit of S&M clan, and thank you for that. Many times, you raised our morale and greatly helped me even personally when I had rough period in my real-life. You are really good as a friend. But as a player, if you have attitude that you can beat "anyone on the site head-to-head", then it would be expected that your game record vs "big guys" are considerably larger than 50%, not under 50%.
Major josko.ri

Postby MTIceman41 on Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:01 am

Issues man…so sad
Again you control data and stats stop it and move on…be better

My message was clean and pure; you tweak the message and I don’t appreciate that

You are being very fake here…everyone in S&M can look at the data and know we got 2 cup wins and who put in work…also who picked up the pieces when people took a sabbatical??? :roll:

Move on…love my lions they are are great… sorry you were a liability…just continue to improve…that my motto..
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:14 am

MTIceman41 wrote:Issues man…so sad

My message was clean and pure; you tweak the message and I don’t appreciate that

I dont see any issues.

I even thanked you publicly for your contribution to S&M, which I think was noteworthy and appreciated.

But when discussion is about playing record, then numbers say it clearly.
Major josko.ri

Postby MTIceman41 on Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:21 am

josko.ri wrote:
MTIceman41 wrote:Issues man…so sad

I dont see any issues.

I even thanked you publicly for your contribution to S&M, which I think was noteworthy and appreciated.

But when discussion is about playing record, then numbers say it clearly.

Dazed and confused…great movie you should watch it
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:29 am

Too much e-peen comparison in this thread. :lol:
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby fishydance on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:58 am

MTIceman41 wrote:You are being very fake here…everyone in S&M can look at the data and know we got 2 cup wins and who put in work…

True, S&M/KORT knows we got 5 cup wins (2010, 2011, 2013, 2017 and 2020) and who put in work…
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:13 am

iceman on a huge streak of not being able to maintain arguments he starts :lol:
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:25 am

Shannon Apple wrote:Too much e-peen comparison in this thread. :lol:

Is it time to start an e-titty thread? Want to be sensitive to fairness, and I've not seen our women of the forums tear each other down enough :(

paging cat, denise, fishy, foxy, QV, shnapple, smurfy
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby rockfist on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:33 am

The thing about numbers is that you can argue away this loss or that loss, but your opponent could also argue away this win or that win. When you play enough games the numbers tell the story about your play. Its just facts. The arguments are opinions and they may matter in individual games or wars, but over the long run not so much. I'm 15-16 versus FOED. That's the facts. I shall have to win two more than half of my games the next time we play and I'll have a winning record...until I do that - I don't. I could list my records versus other clans, which are facts, but I need to win now.

I'll give you an example of a game we (TOFU) won that we frankly should not have. We were playing S&M on USA2.1 and we had to stack on the TN/KY border in spite of the fact we would be attacking a superior force because we had been outplayed until that point. We had to attack 20v26, which at that point in the game was our best option. We advanced 12 and then rolled through the game. Did we deserve it? No. But, I can list games where our opponents overcame large odds to beat us as well, but that is whining.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby xroads on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:12 am

You cant quantify leadership in wins and losses.

How about those players/leaders who will only play certain maps with certain settings. Every clan has them. They dont want to risk their rank on a map they dont know well.

Or there are the leaders who will be cannon fodder and play the away games against 3 generals on an obscure map they have perfected.
Major xroads

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:20 am

xroads wrote:You cant quantify leadership in wins and losses.

How about those players/leaders who will only play certain maps with certain settings. Every clan has them. They dont want to risk their rank on a map they dont know well.

Or there are the leaders who will be cannon fodder and play the away games against 3 generals on an obscure map they have perfected.

These type of leaders I would not compare in this context.

MTIceman41 is not these types of leader, is he?
Major josko.ri

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:21 am

This may be a new moment in my life. I feel that xroads has hit this on its head quite succinctly. There was a player in FALL who was a "play only the maps I know" sort of person, and had super high win rates, but he lacked in overall contribution for awhile due to that.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:22 am

Swimmerdude99 wrote:

This may be a new moment in my life. I feel that xroads has hit this on its head quite succinctly. There was a player in FALL who was a "play only the maps I know" sort of person, and had super high win rates, but he lacked in overall contribution for awhile due to that.

Oh come on you dont gotta call me out like that 8-[

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xroads on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:36 am

josko.ri wrote:

These type of leaders I would not compare in this context.

MTIceman41 is not these types of leader, is he?

I would say look at his game load compared to everyone else, that should tell you for yourself.
Major xroads

Postby Keefie on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:44 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:iceman on a huge streak of not being able to maintain arguments he starts :lol:

Caff wins the thread :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>
Colonel Keefie

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:40 am

rockfist wrote:The thing about numbers is that you can argue away this loss or that loss, but your opponent could also argue away this win or that win. When you play enough games the numbers tell the story about your play. Its just facts. The arguments are opinions and they may matter in individual games or wars, but over the long run not so much. I'm 15-16 versus FOED. That's the facts. I shall have to win two more than half of my games the next time we play and I'll have a winning record...until I do that - I don't. I could list my records versus other clans, which are facts, but I need to win now.

I'll give you an example of a game we (TOFU) won that we frankly should not have. We were playing S&M on USA2.1 and we had to stack on the TN/KY border in spite of the fact we would be attacking a superior force because we had been outplayed until that point. We had to attack 20v26, which at that point in the game was our best option. We advanced 12 and then rolled through the game. Did we deserve it? No. But, I can list games where our opponents overcame large odds to beat us as well, but that is whining.

Rationality has no place here.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:56 am

josko.ri wrote:I believe there is nobody except me on the site who has positive head-to-head record vs every clan that he ever faced in clan wars and in my case we speak about sample of 30+ clans. Then yes, this is definitely an achievement to brag about and maybe your ego is touched that you cannot claim the same or similar achievement for yourself?

rockfist wrote:The thing about numbers is that you can argue away this loss or that loss, but your opponent could also argue away this win or that win. When you play enough games the numbers tell the story about your play. Its just facts.

Donelladan wrote:Congrats josko, you're the best player ever. I'm truly amazed at your skill level. No need to brag anymore, I think you've proven once and for all your superiority.

Facts:
1) Josko is a better player than me overall
2) I can’t claim a positive head to head score vs most clans, let alone all of them (probably, didn’t check)
3) BUTTTTTT i do have a positive head to head score vs the guy who does have a positive head to head vs every clan in existence so… that’s gotta count for something right?! :lol: O:)

Does that mean I’m now the best player ever?! I mean, thems the facts :mrgreen:

for those curious and to save you time looking it up.

6-1 in clan games (86% win rate)
8-2 in all team & poly games (80% win rate)
2-0 on away games
One of the losses was a random league game
The other was a 3 trips team pick up game

and no this isn’t serious nobody needs to get all bent out of shape

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:18 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
Donelladan wrote:Congrats josko, you're the best player ever. I'm truly amazed at your skill level. No need to brag anymore, I think you've proven once and for all your superiority.

Why dont you comment ironically like this when NSS brags that he has positive head to head score against me or when MTIceman41 brags about his head to head record vs rockfist? Do you have double standards on who has and who has no bragging rights?

It's not my fault you can't beat me head to head... or is it?

But for real - I think because Don knows I'm being cheeky and you're being serious. I don't actually think I'm any good.

In all seriousness though. YES! GOSSIP! DISCUSSION! FIGHTS! This is what we're talking about. Let's get it on.

Just because someone doesn't have a positive record against Josko or a particular clan does not mean they aren't "good." There are thousands of people who play this game. I'd say more than one person can be "good." For example, Don is better than good and I don't know what his record is against TOFU, or S&M for that matter. Its true only one person can be "the best", but if there are 5,000 people who play the game I'd even go so far as to say 1,000 of them can be "good," but probably not nearly that many in a clan sense.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:21 pm

We should ask Naruto who he thinks is better. He is the best, after all.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby MTIceman41 on Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:09 pm

Keefie wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:iceman on a huge streak of not being able to maintain arguments he starts :lol:

Caff wins the thread :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>

Gross never…
Also your still in jail remember…don’t pass go don’t collect $200
Brigadier MTIceman41

PreviousNext

Return to Clans