Conquer Club

Clan League Hall of Fame and Beyond?

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan League Hall of Fame and Beyond?

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:46 am

Looking for any interest here on any of the following.

1. We have the Clan League Hall of Fame that I kind of set up and spearheaded last year. I'd like to get a small committee together of 5-11 players who maybe want to create a list of eligible players that the general public can vote on for our inductions after CL13. Otherwise I'm just going to do it again and you'll have to deal with my selections.

2. I am getting my ass kicked at work. But. I'm wondering about an overall Clan HOF? I am still working on Cup rankings (work and the resumption of life post-covid is really cutting into that haha) but if there's interest, we could maybe throw together a little committee and I can run stats on a group of players across all clan competition. It would be easier if it were just say like 50-100 players total that I investigate instead of thousands.

3. If you are interested in participating in either of these ideas, throw your name in here. If this is a terrible idea and I should go eat sand, then please say so. If you're interested but you still think I should eat sand, then, well, that's fair.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Re: Clan League Hall of Fame and Beyond?

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:20 pm

I had attempted a Clan HOF before, and love your work on CL. The HOF didn't get much traction so idk if its fully realizable / realistic goal, but I'm down to assist if you need someone.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:25 pm

IcePack wrote:I had attempted a Clan HOF before, and love your work on CL. The HOF didn't get much traction so idk if its fully realizable / realistic goal, but I'm down to assist if you need someone.

Oh, it's doable - I think it's really doable. And I think there is interest. We can force interest lol

I think we need 5 people who want to participate in a vetting process. Or we crowd source names. If we can get it to names, I can compile data. Once the data is there, we just need a solid way to disseminate it and launch a vote. What I'd love to see is this stuff get on the banner or at least in the announcements area. Let people see that there is cool shit/recognition happening in Clans, maybe it boosts the participation. I know there is interest out there in clans, it just needs to be brought out to the forefront.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:54 pm

i am happily capable of listing all the bad players. that should narrow down the best players in no time at all.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby loutil on Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:55 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:
IcePack wrote:I had attempted a Clan HOF before, and love your work on CL. The HOF didn't get much traction so idk if its fully realizable / realistic goal, but I'm down to assist if you need someone.

Oh, it's doable - I think it's really doable. And I think there is interest. We can force interest lol

I think we need 5 people who want to participate in a vetting process. Or we crowd source names. If we can get it to names, I can compile data. Once the data is there, we just need a solid way to disseminate it and launch a vote. What I'd love to see is this stuff get on the banner or at least in the announcements area. Let people see that there is cool shit/recognition happening in Clans, maybe it boosts the participation. I know there is interest out there in clans, it just needs to be brought out to the forefront.

The general idea sounds good. The problem is how to make it more objective and less subjective. Otherwise, it can become a popularity contest.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:52 am

loutil wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:

The general idea sounds good. The problem is how to make it more objective and less subjective. Otherwise, it can become a popularity contest.

Well. If data gets compiled, then there's the opportunity for doing it blind. You post resumes, not names.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby rockfist on Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:06 pm

I think most people are fairly objective about it. I voted for some people who are not my personal favorites in the last iteration. I got a fair number of votes so I know that can't be from fans of mine since I don't have that many fans.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:59 pm

I can do all of this if someone wants to send me an unpaid intern to do all of my busy work at my actual job. Any takers?
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:48 pm

rockfist wrote:I think most people are fairly objective about it. I voted for some people who are not my personal favorites in the last iteration. I got a fair number of votes so I know that can't be from fans of mine since I don't have that many fans.

im your #1 fan

Nut Shot Scott wrote:I can do all of this if someone wants to send me an unpaid intern to do all of my busy work at my actual job. Any takers?

cayman
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:22 am

That means I have one fan :D
Brigadier rockfist

Postby fishydance on Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:48 am

rockfist wrote:That means I have one fan :D

Make that 2 :)
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby niMic on Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:25 pm

rockfist wrote:I think most people are fairly objective about it. I voted for some people who are not my personal favorites in the last iteration. I got a fair number of votes so I know that can't be from fans of mine since I don't have that many fans.

Oh my bad, I voted for you thinking we were supposed to vote for who we didn't want to get a spot. O:)
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby MTIceman41 on Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:58 pm

niMic wrote:

Oh my bad, I voted for you thinking we were supposed to vote for who we didn't want to get a spot. O:)

Samesies….
Also voted for bed and bath too.
Brigadier MTIceman41

Return to Clans