Conquer Club

Clan Wars Rankings Ladder - 2 Year Weighted RPI

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan Wars Rankings Ladder - 2 Year Weighted RPI

Postby jpcloet on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Combined with All clans:

• Uses the RPI formulation of Win% (WP), Opponent's Win% (OWP) and Opponent's Opponent's Win% (OOWP) and then combined with a Strength of Schedule
  • A ladder contains all results for the last 2 years.
  • The A Ladder also includes Season 1 and Season 2 of the League (in total vs an opponent called Season 1), but is not included in the W-L-T record. The league is weighted less due to the amount of Doubles played in Season 1.
  • Most historical data is grandfathered. A ladder results need a minimum of 40 games
  • There is a Decay Factor which lessens the impact of older challenges. After 2 years, the factor is 0 and that challenge is removed from the database
  • The is also a Depth Factor. This factor places a higher weighting on larger challenges above the minimum game numbers.
  • I have added total Games to show the experience levels of clans
  • The A ladder has an additional factor call "Team Play". This factor is to promote a balance of Dubs-Trips-Quads. The target is an average of 2.85 to 3.15 players per game.
  • Ladder will be updated periodically and after significant challenges

THOTA is not #1 due to Season 2 performance.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Re: Clan Wars Rankings Ladder - 2 Year Weighted RPI

Postby pmchugh on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:35 pm

One of the best ladders yet, despite being ruined by the A/B rank clan thing.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby danryan on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:38 pm

That's a good looking ladder, what a lot of work has gone into this! Well done.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Georgerx7di on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:00 pm

I don't know how you did it JP, but that's a pretty damn good ladder. Although I think tofu is 3-0. Good ladder though. Nemesis and Kort are still undervalued, but after looking at the spread sheets myself, I amazed that you came up with something this good.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Bones2484 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:Although I think tofu is 3-0.

Mythology is a B rated clan so it won't show.

Georgerx7di wrote:Kort are still undervalued,

I won't argue, but this is on KORT actually getting challenges (against A clans) under their belt. They'll move up in time... but for now their only result against an A is a tie against the #10 clan in only 30 games. They are ranked right around where they should be based on completed results only. Remember that the rankings don't judge "talent", only results.
Major Bones2484

Postby jpcloet on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:10 pm

TOFU will be 3-0 if/when they beat AOD :oops: Those guys (and gals?) are goooood.

KORT will surely get a nice boost from Season 2 of the League, BPB might also get a bump.

Postby Georgerx7di on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:42 pm

jpcloet wrote:TOFU will be 3-0 if/when they beat AOD :oops: Those guys (and gals?) are goooood.

KORT will surely get a nice boost from Season 2 of the League, BPB might also get a bump.

I believe Tofu has defeated G1, mythology, and dragoons. Does the record only reflect "A" level challenges?
Major Georgerx7di

Postby jpcloet on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:43 pm

A ladder contains only the results of A vs A clans.

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:34 pm

now if Tofu played Tsm later in the year and we played IA, now, that would be some fireworks.
General Blitzaholic

Postby pimphawks70 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:34 pm

jpcloet wrote:A ladder contains only the results of A vs A clans.

What happens if a B clan becomes and A clan? Will the challenge then affect the A ladder?
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby jpcloet on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:46 pm

pimphawks70 wrote:

What happens if a B clan becomes and A clan? Will the challenge then affect the A ladder?

If a B rated Clan defeats or shows A level status in a challenge (>=40 games) against an A clan (aka qualifying challenge), that challenge and clan will be added to the A ladder results. All previous results of the promoted B clan do not transfer over.

There is some subjectivity here I realized, but it should work. I've also noted that if a clan falls below a 70 ranking, they are more likely a B clan. Hopefully B clans won't have to lobby on too many results. The next league will need to open up to opportunities and I have a plan.

Postby freakns on Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:38 am

surely one of the best, if not the best ladder jp has presented. great work mate, but you might consider removing A/B rated clans.

what interest me here is how is KoTR A rated clan? they have play only one challenge against A clans, and that challenge was 30 games tie? and as youve said "A ladder results need a minimum of 40 games", so if KoTR vs G1 was 30 games challenge, KoTR doesnt meets minimum requirements for being A rated clan.
Brigadier freakns

Postby jpcloet on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:38 am

freakns wrote:surely one of the best, if not the best ladder jp has presented. great work mate, but you might consider removing A/B rated clans.

what interest me here is how is KoTR A rated clan? they have play only one challenge against A clans, and that challenge was 30 games tie? and as youve said "A ladder results need a minimum of 40 games", so if KoTR vs G1 was 30 games challenge, KoTR doesnt meets minimum requirements for being A rated clan.

Most historical data is grandfathered

The standard back then was 30 games, and was 20 in the past at some point. Going forward, I'm expecting A clans to play a minimum of 40 games, and the average is close to that.

Postby andy_is_awesome on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:07 am

jpcloet wrote:
pimphawks70 wrote:

If a B rated Clan defeats or shows A level status in a challenge (>=40 games) against an A clan (aka qualifying challenge), that challenge and clan will be added to the A ladder results. All previous results of the promoted B clan do not transfer over.

There is some subjectivity here I realized, but it should work. I've also noted that if a clan falls below a 70 ranking, they are more likely a B clan. Hopefully B clans won't have to lobby on too many results. The next league will need to open up to opportunities and I have a plan.

If B Clan becomes A clan, none of the previous results transfer over?
So, AoC's challenge against EMPIRE would not transfer?

Also, I'd be interested in knowing what our A rank is (some number below 70), even though we are in B rank. If that's possible.
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby jpcloet on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:26 am

Not intialy although you could lobby to have it put in. With good reason it can be put it, but by default it is not.

If we added that challenge in and added Season 1 results for the other 2 clans here is the A ranking of a few B clans

Mythology 65.511
Agents of Chaos 65.398
The Last Warriors 58.502

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Nice job JP, well done (I thought you'd gone quiet for a while, now I know why).

Am I alone in thinking the results would look better written W-T-L (rather than W-L-T) as I find the losing result put in the centre is somewhat deceptive?
5-2-0 should be superior to 5-0-2, yet that's not how it appears. Small matter, but more aesthetically pleasing (and more logical). Thanks :D

(oh...and rank the clans based on Win %)

j/k
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby jpcloet on Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Maybe it's a Canadian thing. I grew up watching Hockey and theirs is WLT, NFL.com Football also follows that. Even Soccer displayed in Canada is WLT.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/soccer/england/standings/

However, Europeans use the WTL in soccer.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Stati ... 06,00.html

Postby andy_is_awesome on Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:48 pm

jpcloet wrote:Not intialy although you could lobby to have it put in. With good reason it can be put it, but by default it is not.

If we added that challenge in and added Season 1 results for the other 2 clans here is the A ranking of a few B clans

Mythology 65.511
Agents of Chaos 65.398
The Last Warriors 58.502

Interesting...

Thanks JP
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby MarVal on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Nicely done, JP.
Image highest score: 2157 (Major) / Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
ImageImage
Corporal MarVal

Postby Ace Rimmer on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:58 pm

jpcloet wrote:TOFU will be 3-0 if/when they beat AOD :oops: Those guys (and gals?) are goooood.

Thank you. And for the record, the only gal we currently claim is Iron Maid's avatar.

Jake
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby MTIceman41 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:42 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:I don't know how you did it JP, but that's a pretty damn good ladder. Although I think tofu is 3-0. Good ladder though. Nemesis and Kort are still undervalued, but after looking at the spread sheets myself, I amazed that you came up with something this good.

I agree with KORT being undervalued....a few that are "A" clans I would disagree with...

Seems like this will be a good foundation for the future rankings to build from
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby jpcloet on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:05 am

Well the data says they are A, although I would agree Iceman. We'll see if they maintain that status I guess.

Postby AgentSmith88 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Nice job JP, well done (I thought you'd gone quiet for a while, now I know why).

Am I alone in thinking the results would look better written W-T-L (rather than W-L-T) as I find the losing result put in the centre is somewhat deceptive?
5-2-0 should be superior to 5-0-2, yet that's not how it appears. Small matter, but more aesthetically pleasing (and more logical). Thanks :D

(oh...and rank the clans based on Win %)

j/k

You crazy europeans and your soccer. jp was right in that its WLT in North America and WTL with you soccer hooligans. Just a matter of what you are used to.

Nice job on the ladder jp. And anyone who thinks they are undervalued could actually undergo a clan war sometime this year and prove it. (not pointing any fingers.. cough...KORT...cough) :)
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby Foxglove on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:33 am

AgentSmith88 wrote:Nice job on the ladder jp. And anyone who thinks they are undervalued could actually undergo a clan war sometime this year and prove it. (not pointing any fingers.. cough...KORT...cough) :)

Hey now, we haven't complained. :) The completion of season 2 of the league and the conqueror's cup should give us some more data!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:30 pm

I will not agree with any ladder that does not have Empire at #1!!! This is unacceptable and complete bias if you ask me!!

:lol: :lol:

Just kidding. Great job with the ladder and thanks for all of your hard work jp.
Captain Chuuuuck

Next

Return to Clan Archives