Conquer Club

Clan League 3 : Quarter finals [7-April final scores]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League 3 : Quarter finals [1-Mar)

Postby Denise on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Namor wrote:
mkcummins wrote:Regardless of outcome (though their victory seems imminent now), AoC deserves a very high regard for their skill, class and overall competitiveness. My comments won't carry as much weight since EMPIRE is the clan they're about to beat, so I implore those of you from the other top clans on this site: Give them their due and respect. They more than deserve it. Awesome gameplay and excellent attitudes. Well played, AoC. Hats off

Thank you... win or lose, we will take and appreciate the plaudit's.

However, the fat lady ain't singing yet... Atlantis looks to be ours (barring a disaster) and Chicago has swung our way in the last round or two, but it could just as easily swing back (voodoo dolls at the ready, over here). Unless you know something about the Hive game, that I've yet to get from our team. Finally, Solar is still looking to be in your favour.

That said, we ARE feeling a little easier than we were, this time last week.

It should also be noted that we had the easier of the starts in this battle and although we had some horrendous cubes in the first half of these crunch games, Empire have had their share of misfortune in the past few days, to balance that out.

As I say, we certainly aren't counting them chickens yet, but if we grab victory here, then it's due, in no small part, to the help and advice we received from Mike after our defeat to Empire, in 2009. Thanks guys.

Congrats to AOC! For winning you get a date with KORT! Seems like a great prize for you all!

Don't get too excited, Bruce. There are 3 games that are still undecided. ;) The deciding factor will be if we can implement our plan for the voodoo doll raid.
Colonel Denise

Postby Rodion on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Denise wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
Namor wrote:
mkcummins wrote:Regardless of outcome (though their victory seems imminent now), AoC deserves a very high regard for their skill, class and overall competitiveness. My comments won't carry as much weight since EMPIRE is the clan they're about to beat, so I implore those of you from the other top clans on this site: Give them their due and respect. They more than deserve it. Awesome gameplay and excellent attitudes. Well played, AoC. Hats off

Thank you... win or lose, we will take and appreciate the plaudit's.

However, the fat lady ain't singing yet... Atlantis looks to be ours (barring a disaster) and Chicago has swung our way in the last round or two, but it could just as easily swing back (voodoo dolls at the ready, over here). Unless you know something about the Hive game, that I've yet to get from our team. Finally, Solar is still looking to be in your favour.

That said, we ARE feeling a little easier than we were, this time last week.

It should also be noted that we had the easier of the starts in this battle and although we had some horrendous cubes in the first half of these crunch games, Empire have had their share of misfortune in the past few days, to balance that out.

As I say, we certainly aren't counting them chickens yet, but if we grab victory here, then it's due, in no small part, to the help and advice we received from Mike after our defeat to Empire, in 2009. Thanks guys.

Congrats to AOC! For winning you get a date with KORT! Seems like a great prize for you all!

Don't get too excited, Bruce. There are 3 games that are still undecided. ;) The deciding factor will be if we can implement our plan for the voodoo doll raid.

Not to mention KORT didn't lock its spot either. Odds are looking good for us, but we still depend on random number generators, so anything can happen.
General Rodion

Postby Georgerx7di on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Pirlo wrote:
danryan wrote:
Pirlo wrote:why TOFU sucked? :-k

I thought they would win the league this season..... I must have been idiot :lol:

- Andrea the Charmer :geek:

Losing 10-9 to TSM is sucking? Most clans would sell their soul to suck like that. TSM took THOTA to a 1 game difference in an 80 game challenge, you couldn't be further off with that assessment. Props to TSM for showing they're still as elite as ever.

I think it was 10-6 when last time I saw the score :-k

If we win, it will be 10-9.

And thanks dan : )
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Regrettably it's starting to look like 9-10 is inevitable, TSM handing TOFU its first ever head-to-head defeat in either league or challenges. Just one little game was all it took. Dangnabbit
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Namor on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:14 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Regrettably it's starting to look like 9-10 is inevitable, TSM handing TOFU its first ever head-to-head defeat in either league or challenges. Just one little game was all it took. Dangnabbit

No, it took 10 little games ;)
Colonel Namor

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:25 am

haha, cleverclogs
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby firstholliday on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:55 am

Not over yet , but with normal dice from general Ladidda it should be done.. important round coming up.
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
General firstholliday

Postby Georgerx7di on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Is kort vs low over? Do you guys have a winner yet? What about the other won, empire vs aoc was close too right, what's going on with that one?
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Eyestone on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:Is kort vs low over? Do you guys have a winner yet? What about the other won, empire vs aoc was close too right, what's going on with that one?

We have a pretty secure 9vs7 on Empire, counting Atlantis as a win. We need one more victory out of the 3 remaining games: Hive, Chicago, Solar. Might have a break in Solar now, but it's foggy so can't say for sure. The other 2 looks very open.
Last edited by Eyestone on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Eyestone

Postby josko.ri on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:01 pm

kort vs low 8-6 for kort, and 5 games stil ongoing. we have huge advantage in 3 of the 5 ongoing games, so according to that it should be kort win at all.
Major josko.ri

Postby Georgerx7di on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:33 pm

So we're looking at tsm vs ia and probably kort vs aoc or maybe empire. Should be fun : )
Major Georgerx7di

Postby jetsetwilly on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:19 am

Eyestone wrote:
Georgerx7di wrote:Is kort vs low over? Do you guys have a winner yet? What about the other won, empire vs aoc was close too right, what's going on with that one?

We have a pretty secure 9vs7 on Empire, counting Atlantis as a win. We need one more victory out of the 3 remaining games: Hive, Chicago, Solar. Might have a break in Solar now, but it's foggy so can't say for sure. The other 2 looks very open.

Well if Empire pick up Chicago and Solar we could have a very long wait for Hive to be resolved ! Semi final might not be kicking off until 2012 :)

Whatever the outcome, it has been the most nailbiting contest I've been involved in and Empire are a pleasure to play with. Lovely bunch of folks.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:40 am

Have to say, I'm an Empire lover too (but then I'm British - it's in our blood).
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Georgerx7di on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:38 am

I think I like most of the people in most of the top clans. Even the ones who aren't top clans, the guys I know are cool people. I guess that's part of what makes the clan war stuff fun : )
Major Georgerx7di

Postby Denise on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:58 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
Eyestone wrote:

Well if Empire pick up Chicago and Solar we could have a very long wait for Hive to be resolved ! Semi final might not be kicking off until 2012 :)

Whatever the outcome, it has been the most nailbiting contest I've been involved in and Empire are a pleasure to play with. Lovely bunch of folks.

I feel the ā™„. We are discouraged in solar system right now, but I haven't given up. I felt the same about Chicago a few days ago, and that has pulled away from the brink of doom so you never know. It's been a real roller coaster ride.

Win or lose, I admire AOC players for their great attitude and gameplay. :)
Colonel Denise

Postby Dako on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Oh come on. Go and make love right now, this thread is already full of puppies and snots.
Colonel Dako

Postby jetsetwilly on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Denise wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:
Eyestone wrote:

I feel the ā™„. We are discouraged in solar system right now, but I haven't given up. I felt the same about Chicago a few days ago, and that has pulled away from the brink of doom so you never know. It's been a real roller coaster ride.

Solar has been a very interesting game. It's swung wildly back and forth and the fog has certainly made it far more nerve wracking.
I'm not looking forward to my next turn :sick:

Postby Namor on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:24 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
Denise wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:
Eyestone wrote:

Solar has been a very interesting game. It's swung wildly back and forth and the fog has certainly made it far more nerve wracking.
I'm not looking forward to my next turn :sick:

Chicago - angola and ljex have push each other up and down the orange line so often, they're wearing it out.
Colonel Namor

Re: Clan League 3 : Quarter finals [8-Mar)

Postby Masli on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Masli wrote:
show: Quarter finals Tofu vs TSM-Results 8 - 8

show: Quarter finals IA vs Myth-Results 13 - 6 FINAL

show: Quarter finals Low vs Kort-Results 6 - 8

show: Quarter finals Aoc vs Empire-Results 9 - 7
Colonel Masli

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Nice one Mas, tks
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Leehar on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 am

So with Solar done now as well, thats it? AoC are now through to the semi's!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby angola on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:07 am

Leehar wrote:So with Solar done now as well, thats it? AoC are now through to the semi's!

Yes, I believe so.

Which is good for me, because I think we are about to lose Chicago. I didn't want to be one of the ones to cost us the challenge.

Fantastic series, Empire. Very enjoyable.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:14 am

angola wrote:
Leehar wrote:So with Solar done now as well, thats it? AoC are now through to the semi's!

Yes, I believe so.

Which is good for me, because I think we are about to lose Chicago. I didn't want to be one of the ones to cost us the challenge.

Fantastic series, Empire. Very enjoyable.

Looking forward to seeing you on the battle field!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:51 am

It's certainly been a tight contest with very little to separate the two clans. Nerve wracking in the extreme but fun nonetheless.

I tip my hat to our Empire friends.

Re: Clan League 3 : Quarter finals [9-Mar)

Postby Denise on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Thank you, and congratulations AoC. A well deserved win. :| Now, put the cows out to pasture.
Colonel Denise

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges