Lx HandiCup - First Edition
Brought to you by Lx, winner of the Golden Prime for the "Best Large-Team Tournament" with TLO 2010 III
MVP: Twopoint (Imperial Dragoons - ID)
Short cuts: LATEST UPDATE | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS | PARTICIPATING CLANS | BRACKET | ROUND INFO & RESULTS
This tournament has been approved by the Clan Department.
Scheduled Start Date: Between May 15 and 30, 2013. Estimated Duration: 4 or 5 Months, playing one round per month.
The Handicap System
The handicap system is based on the F400 Rankings. At the beginning of the tournament the rating of all clans is divided by 40. The difference between the outcome of the highest and lowest ranked clans is the handicap of the highest ranked clan. The lowest ranked clan will have a handicap of zero. The handicap is the amount of games clan has to win more than the opposing clan if the amount of games would be 40. However we will play 15 games a round, so the amount of games a clan has to win more will be proportional to that.
Example: Suppose two clans meet in round 1. Clan A has a handicap of 16 and clan B has a handicap of 9 (comparable to KORT playing Dynasty at the moment). Over 15 games that means that clan A would have to win 2 more games than clan B (decimals will be ignored in this final calculation). So, if clan A wins 9 games and clan B wins 6 games, clan A would win the round. Now, what happens if they would end up with a score of clan A 8 wins and clan B 7 wins? If the game difference is an even amount, as in this example, and the score ends with 1 game difference of the amount, a tiebreaker is needed because the clans should play an even amount of games, i.e., 16 instead of 15 games.
The tournament bracket is a standard, single elimination format. Hopefully we’ll have 32 clans participating and play 5 rounds to determine the winner. There will be an extra round to determine 3rd place. If we don’t get 32 clans some clans may get a bye or some clans may have to play a qualification round.
The draw for the bracket will be random.
Games, Maps & Settings
Every round will consist of 15 games: 3 doubles, 3 triples and 3 quads games, with fixed maps and settings. Every clan will also choose 3 “home maps and settings”.
For the fixed maps and settings, go to: ROUND INFO & RESULTS
For the “home maps and settings” a clan can choose any map except Beta maps. A clan can only use a map once per round and twice in the whole tournament.
Available game types: Standard (1 v 1), Doubles, Triples, Quadruples
Available settings: Automatic, Sequential, Escalating, Nuclear, Flat Rate, No Spoils, Chained, Adjacent, Unlimited, Fog of War, Trench Warfare.
NOT allowed: Manual, Freestyle
All games will be 24 hour games (i.e., no speed games) and have a round limit of 20 rounds.
All tie-breaker games will be triples on Classic, escalating, Chained, Sunny, No Trench.
Signing up a Clan:
[Edited April 25, 2013] To be eligible for participation in this tournament, a clan has to:
- Have completed at least 1 clan war before April 2012.
- Adhere to the “1 clan rule”.
- Be listed on the F400 Ranking.
- Have completed a minimum of 4 clan wars.
- Be listed in the top 10 of the F400 clan ranking.
*Note: I reserve the right to deny entry to any clan (after consulting with the clan department).
To sign up as a clan, you need to provide me with:
- Full clan name
- Commonly used clan name abbreviation
- Primary contact person
- Secondary contact person
- List of players
- Links to the 4 completed clan wars (if applicable)
The minimum amount of players you need to sign up is 10, the maximum amount is 16. [EDIT] Since my main concern for the the maximum amount was medals, I have now canceled this rule. The minimum amount of players remains at 10. [/EDIT]
Player Assignments & Changing Players
It’s up the clans to decide who joins which game. However, the following restrictions apply:
A player [EDIT] has to play at least 1 game per round and [/EDIT] cannot play more than 6 games a round. A player can play a maximum of 2 games in every category: doubles, triples, quads, home games, away games. In other words, a player cannot play 3 doubles and 3 home games, for example.
You can change a player in your player list any time between rounds. You will need to post that in this thread and notify me by PM before that player can join any games.
Creating Games & Joining Games
Before every round, the clan contacts will have to send me their “home games”. If they fail do so on time, their “home games” will be 1 double, 1 triple and 1 quad on Classic, They will all have the same settings: Escalating, Chained, Sunny, No Trench.
I will create all games and send a PM to the clan contacts with the game numbers and password(s). From that moment on, clans have 96 hours, or 4 full days, to join the games. If a game has not been filled by then, it will be forfeited. If one clan has filled all player spots and the other clan hasn’t, it will be counted as a win for the clan that filled the player spots. If neither clan has filled all spots it will be disregarded. No mercy, no breaks, no excuses, this is a rule I will not deviate from.
If a game is mistakenly joined by the “wrong player”, I will only remake that game if that is agreed upon by both clans. Examples are: A player joining more than 6 games in a round, a player joining more than 2 games of a certain category, a player joining the wrong team, etc. If this happens more than once, I reserve the right to forfeit the game(s) affected. It is up to the clans and their contacts to make sure every player joins the right games and the right amount of games.
Clan Contact Responsibilities
- Sign up your clan with your name, the contacts and the players.
- Make sure you have enough players on your list to be able to keep participating.
- Register any player changes with the organizer (me).
- Send me your “home maps and setting” in time for every round.
- Ensure that your team joins their games within the time limit.
- In general ensure that there will be as little delay as possible during this tournament.
Clan Achievement Medal
Apart from the clan war/tournament rules, you’ll have to comply with the tournament rules to be eligible for a Clan Achievement Medal.
Note: If you sign up 10 players, and we play 5 rounds, each player would have to play at least 10 games (or 2 games per round) to be eligible for a Clan Achievement Medal.
Fog of War Courtesy Rule
There is no rule enforced in this tournament. Clans are free to decide between themselves if they would like to apply Fog of War Courtesy Rule or not. If that agreement between clans would be broken or cause any problems, it is up to the clans in question to deal with it. I will be available to mediate, if both clans would want me to.
If a player accidentally breaks the fog rule, the player can simply post whatever they did, giving the information that a person would have got from a snapshot prior to the turn.
Account Sitting Rules
Please make sure you are familiar with “The Clan Sitting Rules” before signing up for this tournament:
General CC Rules
If a player breaks a General CC Rule please go through the proper channels to report that player. This means filing a report with the C&A Department:
Any effects from decisions by the C&A Department on the tournament will stand. For example: If a player gets removed from a game for “violating the rules” or a player gets banned and can’t take his turns, the outcome of those games will count and no new games will be made. The only exception would be if the C&A Department reverses their ruling.
If a player breaks a Clan Rule please report this to appropriate Clan Directors.
Any effects from decisions by the Clan Director(s) on the tournament will stand. For example: If a player gets banned and can’t take his turns, the outcome of those games will count and no new games will be made. The only exception would be if the Clan Director(s) reverses their ruling.
Additional Rules & Notes
- If a tournament rule is broken that is not covered by the General CC or Clan Rules, please report that to me. I will generally follow the “warning, temporary ban, disqualification” route. See also points 2 and 3.
- I reserve the right to deny entry or disqualify any clan and/or player that does not comply with any of the rules stated in this post.
- I reserve the right to take whatever measure(s) necessary to ensure that the tournament will be played in a fair, fun and timely manner.
- If a tournament rule is broken that is not covered by the General CC or Clan Rules, please report that to me. I will generally follow the “warning, temporary ban, disqualification” route.
- If an issue arises that has not been covered in this post, I will do my best to solve it in a reasonable manner. If necessary I will seek advice from Clan Directors, Clan Leaders or independent third parties.
- If a clan or player would like to appeal my decision(s), please contact the appropriate Clan Director(s).
- Please let me know if you have any questions.
Most Valuable Player (MVP) - General Achievement Medal for the winner.
The MVP of this tournament will be the player with the highest win percentage who also complies with the requisites mentioned below.
The player must have:
- Been a member of the same clan for the whole tournament.
- Participated in all the rounds of this tournament the clan participated in.
- Played a minimum of 6 games (50% of the total amount of games a player can participate in, based on the total amount of games divided by the amount of players).
- Played at least 1 doubles, 1 triples, 1 quads, 1 “home” and 1 “away” games.
- Followed the tournament rules, clan rules and Conquer Club rules and/or guidelines for the duration of this tournament.
List of Participating Clans
- One Step Ahead - OSA
- The Fraternal Order of Exceptional Drinkers - FOED
- Imperial Dragoons - ID
- Manifest Destiny - MD (Man D.)
- The New Crusade - TNC
- The Headless Horsemen - HH
- Grim Reapers - GR
- The Fantastic Four-Skins - TFFS
- Legends of the Zone - LOTZ
Tournament started May 21, 2013.
Tournament completed xx