Conquer Club

[CC14] R2: A^ (0) vs REP (0)

Active clan challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[CC14] R2: A^ (0) vs REP (0)

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:36 pm

CCXIV Round Two - A^ vs REP

49 Game War
16 Doubles, 16 Triples, 16 Quadruples and a Tie-breaker game

Clan War Page

Contacts
A^
REP

Schedule and Round Breakdown
Two rounds - Round 1 to be exchanged by Sunday, April 14th 23:59 CCT and Round 2 to be exchanged by Saturday, April 27th 23:59 CCT.
Clans will have 1 week to fill games (both home and away).

• Round One - 4 Dubs + 4 Trips + 4 Quads chosen by each clan
  • Round Two - 4 Dubs + 4 Trips + 4 Quads chosen by each clan + Tie-breaker (Trips Classic, no spoils, chained, sunny created by A^)

War Terms
  • NO manual, freestyle, speed, beta maps, zombie spoils or "no reinforcements"
  • NO limit on number of trench games and round limits allowed, but not required
  • Each map can only be used twice per clan and only once per game type (dubs/trips/quads)
  • Each clan member can participate in a max of 18 games (excluding tie-breaker)
  • 12 Hour Fog of War Rule will not be in effect.
  • New settings that are implemented after the start of the Cup will be excluded from wars

Games
show: Round One

show: Round Two
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: [CC14] R2: A^ (0) vs REP (0)

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:57 am

REP agrees to the War Terms.

Good Luck and Fun to all!
Iacta Alea Est
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:32 am

groovysmurf wrote:CCXIV Round Two - A^ vs REP

49 Game War
16 Doubles, 16 Triples, 16 Quadruples and a Tie-breaker game

Clan War Page

Contacts
A^
REP

Schedule and Round Breakdown
Two rounds - Round 1 to be exchanged by Sunday, April 14th 23:59 CCT and Round 2 to be exchanged by Saturday, April 27th 23:59 CCT.
Clans will have 1 week to fill games (both home and away).

• Round One - 4 Dubs + 4 Trips + 4 Quads chosen by each clan
  • Round Two - 4 Dubs + 4 Trips + 4 Quads chosen by each clan + Tie-breaker (Trips Classic, no spoils, chained, sunny created by A^)

War Terms
  • NO manual, freestyle, speed, beta maps, zombie spoils or "no reinforcements"
  • NO limit on number of trench games and round limits allowed, but not required
  • Each map can only be used twice per clan and only once per game type (dubs/trips/quads)
  • Each clan member can participate in a max of 18 games (excluding tie-breaker)
  • 12 Hour Fog of War Rule will not be in effect.
  • New settings that are implemented after the start of the Cup will be excluded from wars

Games
show: Round One

show: Round Two

Approved
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:00 pm

A very cool graphic, by the way!
Iacta Alea Est
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:21 pm

Hey, I noticed that you guys have unofficially chosen "Easter" as two of your map choices -- unofficially because although created, it has not been submitted.

Can you open that map for us so that if we decide to do so, we could also choose that map? It just closed and it might be a map that we would choose for the war. Since we don't exchange until Sunday, I would think that we should both have access to all the maps that are eligible for a war with consistency, kind of like the whole Beta Map rule, since they are also subject to odd changes.

I mean, if the closure had not happened just a couple of minutes ago, I could have worked with it, but it literally disappeared in between two "start game" checks I made this evening.

But, anyway, if you can get that back open so we could have a shot at it, I would appreciate it.
Iacta Alea Est
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby groovysmurf on Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:33 pm

I don't have the ability to do something like that, which is why I created a few early in case we decide to use. I think you'd have to ask king achilles for any special map reopenings. Sorry!

TheSpaceCowboy wrote:Hey, I noticed that you guys have unofficially chosen "Easter" as two of your map choices -- unofficially because although created, it has not been submitted.

Can you open that map for us so that if we decide to do so, we could also choose that map? It just closed and it might be a map that we would choose for the war. Since we don't exchange until Sunday, I would think that we should both have access to all the maps that are eligible for a war with consistency, kind of like the whole Beta Map rule, since they are also subject to odd changes.

I mean, if the closure had not happened just a couple of minutes ago, I could have worked with it, but it literally disappeared in between two "start game" checks I made this evening.

But, anyway, if you can get that back open so we could have a shot at it, I would appreciate it.
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Keefie on Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:43 am

Doesn't seem right to me. Easter is now a closed map, surely both clans should have the option to use it, which is now clearly not possible.

Also in the post above it mentions a few maps were made. Infact only 2 games have been made an Easter Dubs and an Easter Quad.

It would have been possible for more games on Easter to have been made for future wars. Games for A^ va TOFU and A^ vs ATL could have been made before the closure, just in case they were needed.

So where is the line drawn on closed maps ? A map should be available to both clans, so imho only maps that are open on the agreed exchange dates should be allowed.
Colonel Keefie

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:01 pm

Keefie wrote:Doesn't seem right to me. Easter is now a closed map, surely both clans should have the option to use it, which is now clearly not possible.

Also in the post above it mentions a few maps were made. Infact only 2 games have been made an Easter Dubs and an Easter Quad.

It would have been possible for more games on Easter to have been made for future wars. Games for A^ va TOFU and A^ vs ATL could have been made before the closure, just in case they were needed.

So where is the line drawn on closed maps ? A map should be available to both clans, so imho only maps that are open on the agreed exchange dates should be allowed.

Both clans DID have the opportunity, privs were given BEFORE the closure, which is why I was able to make those games.

As to the part highlighted; Keefie, you have been a moderator and tournament organizer on this site for more than a decade so this comment truly baffles me. As you should know, all tournament games are deleted automatically from the database after 1 month if not started, so making games for future rounds is not a possibility. You also need privs to make games, as you know. Those are not granted to clans on a whim or months beforehand.

Hearing that REP now thinks I'm sneaky and underhanded for doing something that isn't even close to breaking any rules is truly devastating to me. I would NEVER do something like that just for an advantage. Easter happens to be my favorite map and why should one not send their favorite map when they are able. I even told Keefie just last night that we likely won't even be using the two games that were made BECAUSE it upset REP so much...but to now bring it up publicly here in the war thread after I told him that, is just completely uncalled for and unjustified.

If you guys have a problem with the rules, you can bring those up in CAT. They have no place here.
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Keefie on Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:30 pm

groovysmurf wrote:As to the part highlighted; Keefie, you have been a moderator and tournament organizer on this site for more than a decade so this comment truly baffles me. As you should know, all tournament games are deleted automatically from the database after 1 month if not started, so making games for future rounds is not a possibility. You also need privs to make games, as you know. Those are not granted to clans on a whim or months beforehand.

Nope, I had no idea that happened.
Colonel Keefie

Return to Active Challenges